Why is nutrition all broscience and literally zero percent science

why is nutrition all broscience and literally zero percent science

Attached: 1518703290344.png (666x666, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's filled with dum dums who couldn't hack a real science. Not trolling - these are bottom of the barrel people, btdt.

but how do i min/max what i eat then if there's no real science behind nutrition

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (640x640, 111K)

you go to an actual nutricionist

Redpill: all science is broscience

really makes you think....................................

Because there's a lot of suspicion towards "estsblished" nutrition environment, especially from the government....because they're often wrong and find out in a couple years.
Also, nutrition really varies from person to person. What works for a tiny 125 pound woman won't work for a 6'5, 200 pound man (and I don't mean calorically, I mean in the philosophic approach to nutrition).
So (justified) suspicion of official sources plus a need to forge one's own path leads to a lot of conjecture and oddball methods.
Also since it'll definitely come up, the people who bitch about keto are much more annoying than the people who advocate for it

What little real science funding there is mostly comes from the food industry and yeah you can guess the rest.

If you were a nutritionist in the 90s you have probably shot yourself by now, out of pure shame.

It depends on what you're trying to do.
If you're trying to maximize weight loss, it's calories in/calories out
If you're trying to bulk, protein is good.

I'll remind you of this post in 10 years

I'm trying to live a long and healthy life.

Drinking a lot tea helps.

>posts on Veeky Forums

Attached: 1465744337667.png (299x288, 84K)

Great, and calories in/calories out will still be the most reliable method of losing weight, as it has been for the last 50 years.

because bros know bro.

Attached: brosknow.jpg (615x659, 55K)

4-Veeky Forums doesn't reduce life expectancy or quality of life unless you let it

Lol no it fucking isn't. Nobody but autistic fit fags count calories. Cico has been a massive failure.

>If you're trying to maximize weight loss, it's calories in/calories out
Retard
>If you're trying to bulk, protein is good.
Retard

>Also, nutrition really varies from person to person. What works for a tiny 125 pound woman won't work for a 6'5, 200 pound man (and I don't mean calorically, I mean in the philosophic approach to nutrition).
What the fuck are you talking about?

> I don't know jack shit about nutrition other then random broscience so I'm going to bash the most reliable weight loss method
Ok fucker, just ignore physics.

>most reliable weight loss method
that would be keto not calorie counting.
But you'd really have to define reliable.

>> I don't know jack shit about nutrition other then random broscience so I'm going to bash the most reliable weight loss method
>most reliable weight loss method
Lol
>Ok fucker, just ignore physics.
99% of people ignore physics. Which is why nobody likes to count calories because they're not retarded or autistic.

How is counting calories hard? You get a fucking app, you type in what you eat, and it sums up the calories. You stay below your limit and you lose weight. I lost 70lbs counting calories, and I've helped a number of friends lose calories with it too. It's fucking easy as hell, it allows you to eat whatever you want without any pseudoscience bullshit, and it's effective.

Lose weight, not lose calories.

this, science is a meme

Did I step into an alternate dimension or is everyone just trolling.

Attached: lies.jpg (800x450, 40K)

Because I don't want to have to consult my phone everytime I want to put something in my mouth.

Nah, you just stepped in on nutrition science, which is full of so much mixed information that no one can agree on anything.

Because the reality is there isn't nearly as much importance in food choices as people like to pretend. Sure you have real nutrition related problems like scurvy, but even the laziest, most manchild-est autists almost universally manage to accidentally ingest vitamin C one place or another before that sort of thing kicks in.
So it's basically a superstitious way non-scientific laypersons have to try to imagine they're controlling their future and ensuring the prevention of medical problems. Because it would be scary otherwise for them to accept that regardless of how they're getting their calories, they probably can't do shit to keep themselves healthy if they're genetically headed for problems.

Why would anyone disagree with cico.

Really, the app is mostly used for retraining your brain as to what a portion size is, and what is healthy vs what is not. I've been doing calories in/calories out for two years now, and I rarely actually log what I've ate anymore, because I just know what the calories are for most things.

My issue with other diets is that they straight up forbid certain foods, which causes people to fail and quit. If you tell me I can never have any of the foods I like again, I'll just choose to be fat. But if you tell me that if I just have a light breakfast and no lunch, I can have a cinnabun or whatever filth you want, well, at least I CAN do it, so I'm more likely to stick to it. The nice thing about calories in/calories out is that you can lose weight even eating like shit. I have a friend who has currently lost 35lbs eating filth like taco bell, because he still eats reasonable portion sizes.

Because we figured out nutrition a long time ago, but it is neither an easy answer nor an answer that is easily exploited for profit.
>Calories in minus calories out.
>Good balance of carbs, fat, and protein (particularly less carbs in the traditional western diet).
>Sodium, potassium, and water balance affects hydration.
>Get as many vitamins and minerals as possible from your calories.
>Stay active with both aerobic and anaerobic work.
>Sleep well and keep stress levels low.
Most other stuff is broscience and not worth caring about, but it does sell books and programs. If you are still fat or unhealthy after following these rules, you can fuck my sister.

>people don’t all fit into nice neat categories
>human body is extremely intricate machinery
>big food industries pay to make sure that their particular industry doesn’t get demonized (hint: sugar)
>”scientists” who announce what is good or bad to eat also sit on boards of those various food industries

Case in point, I did research some years ago on aspartame. It was pronounced safe or GRAS for human consumption. The woman who wrote the book on the science of artificial sweeteners and their safety also sat on the board of the corn or corn syrup industry and hence it created a conflict of interest within her but that’s the book everyone refers to when saying that aspartame is safe. I wish I could remember the name or her book.

>everything in moderation
>eat mostly whole foods versus processed
There. That is your answer.

>muh ebil carbs

Flat earther faggotry

Attached: 8EDD43CF-C212-4D4B-B458-0D0AA0A2FDE2.png (467x443, 34K)

Because most of the numbers are broad averages.
If you want to "be healthy" just eat a varied diet of fresh foods, minimize refined carbohydrates, don't stuff your face and stay physically active.
That's it, that's all. No books, meme diets, supplements or anything needed.

>oversimplistic bullshit that doesn't account for the myriads of hormonal changes after weightloss.
yeah don't take this advice or advice on Veeky Forums.

Including this advice.

Because you only read broscience sources and not real science sources.

Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, and everyone can eat food. That doesn't make them experts on nutrition.

Just do your research at proper sources and wa la.

yes, young buddha

This, every single RD or nutrition science program is nearly 100% women. This is literally ALL you need to know about nutrition science.

Because scientist is another word for "paid liar" and most of them come from a religious and ethnic background that is world famous for dishonesty, greed and manipulation.

>all broscience
I think you mean mommy science

most scientists are atheists though

What part of "paid liar" is hard for you to grasp?

>Great, and calories in/calories out will still be the most reliable method of losing weight, as it has been for the last 50 years.
Literally one of the most false statements you could possibly make about health & nutrition

You sound like someone who got butthurt because scientists quantifiably proved something you believe is objectively wrong.

So if scientists are liars, who do you go to for the truth?
Some pseudo science naturalistic mommy blog?

>Science is Jewish
Can you please fuck off with this shit

Sure thing, Prof. Rosenberg.

What is false about it? You eat less, you lose weight. This has been known for a long time, and is trivially true.

You've been indoctrinated into a cult and you're too stupid to realize it

Go back to your containment board with that shit.

Attached: YouAnimal.jpg (1186x879, 71K)

Your metabolism slows down and the long term success rate is under 5%

Fat people are better off eating nothing at all than doing the meme 500 caloric deficit shit

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>Anyone who doesn't subscribe to my beliefs is a brainwashed fool! It's literally impossible to disagree with me, I'm objectively right all the time!

If anything a plurality of scientists in America are Indian. From my experiences, jewish people make up a relatively insignificant portion of American scientists
Are you just thinking of the WWII era when a lot of jewish scientists came over from Europe because they were being murdered and shit?

>eating less and exercising more is a meme

>being murdered
Hoooo boy.
Educate yourself.

t. noseberg

See you in the daily Jewish Pasta threads : - )

Stop not agreeing with me.
It hurts my feewings!

No, you've just been gaslit by your echo chamber into thinking that people who disagree with you are Jewish

Yeah, it is. There's been countless studies on this.

>Youtube as a source
Starvation only slows your metabolism by a small amount, because as it turns out, your body still needs a lot of calories to function. And I am not talking starvation, I am talking reduced calories, which does not lead to the huge metabolic hit that you are talking about.

Again, you're saying it's literally impossible for someone to not think like you unless they're stupid because a smart person wouldn't have a different world view than you.
The fucking ego on you, man.

why are you so afraid of ideas? are you a shitskin?

>Someone doesn't agree with me so they must be part of the opposition
Boy, sure sounds like a cult.

No, I'm saying you've sufficiently alienated yourself from reality that you can make retarded statements like you did.

Says the guy trying to bully and insult someone into not having his own world view.

>someone doesn't agree with me so he is probably indoctrinated into a cult
Guess who sounds more ridiculous?

Attached: 1521706930968.jpg (400x388, 27K)

Again, trying to bully away the opposition.

The first few days of eating nothing your metabolic rate goes up and then declines with declining body requirements.

Constantly eating less calories actually does lower your metabolism as much as it can to meet your new intake level and can drop to over a half your normal BMR.

Can someone please expalin wtf modern scientists have to do with Jews? Jewish-American culture farm more emphasizes going into the arts or business than science and engineering

Your "opposition" is claiming science is Jewish

You are a brainlet who doesn't even understand the JQ

You have presented no ideas worth considering.
Your world view is objectively speaking false, and is incredibly intolerant. Intolerance should never be tolerated.
You literally call everyone who disagrees with you a jew. You make everyone who disagrees with you part of the evil outsiders and dismiss their opinion as false. That is basically the definition of cult thinking.

There's a group of people who segregate themselves in their echo-chambers to thoroughly that they just start saying that Jews are responsible for anything they don't like. Doesn't matter if they have evidence, its a meta cult which encapsulates their entire reality.

Telling people they only believe what they believe because they belong to a crazy cult is unironically gaslighting.

Ok keep blowing your cover

Attached: joseph.jpg (376x395, 29K)

Yeah except I was in those circles for a couple years as well. Wignats gaslight their followers as well.

wow.. i was just fucking around at first but you are seriously jewy.

the holocaust didn't happen, but I wish it did.

Seriously, for your own sake, you should get help. You are part of a dangerous cult of hatred that is incredibly destructive and will lead you to live a life of nothing but anger. You will throw your life away fighting bogymen that aren't there and will die having done nothing with your life. I am done arguing with you, as there is no point. Have a good day, and I hope that you get out.

People aren't this stupid right? R-right guys?

ok thank you for the advice :)

The chad Broscience
>Profound testosterone-fueled declarations based on natural philosophy, real-world experience
>Deadlifts cure most/all disease, especially melancholic humours
>Leads to a more complete understanding of the body-soul continuum and spiritual wholeness

Attached: 44C54EA100000578-4924842-image-a-44_1506509419888.jpg (634x413, 60K)

jews are a plague upon this Earth.

I swear if they are kneeling to protest something I am going to be very upset

All I'm saying is, dumb chinese peasants eat literal dogs cooked in gutter oil and those people fucking forever. I don't think it's so much what you're eating as it is the portions.

kek. so wise... except you do not know me, so you just come off as a pretentious asshole. I shit post on Veeky Forums about niggers, jews, shitskins, cumskins, pooinloos, trannies, americans, europoors and anything else that might trigger retards like yourself. it's just trolling and not giving a fuck. maybe it would be fun for you too if you were not all the way up your own asshole.

How does potassium affect hydration user?

>"the typical westerner should eat less carbs" = "carbs are evil"
You're just the type of illiterate fool that would fall for a fad diet.

Potassium is an electrolyte that regulates the flow of fluids into and out of cells.

live forever*

Yes, sadly they are

I hate this world

Attached: moooooooowwwwhhh.jpg (400x562, 105K)

They're kneeling in solidarity with the Negro Felons League

Pic related, it's what the virgin """Science""" looks like now. Science is nothing but underpaid soyboys and mystery meat brown women.

women still make up a tiny minority of scientists

Not in biological or nutrition science, which is what is being compared to broscience here

true scientists are apolitical.