What's post-postmodernism, Veeky Forums?

What's post-postmodernism, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tICiNbukog0
adbusters.org/article/the-satori-generation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's what comes after modernism

The realization of a techno-tribal involutinary/devolutionary split/slide back into a homeric, neo-mythic (post-post modern), post-jungian interaction with reality. The only contemporary author writing in this mode is Haruki Murakami.

that seems kind of nice desu

epic memes (not kidding)

Pretentiousness and falseness to the maximum possible extent.

the pinnacle of creative freedom. artistry unrestrained by any petty morality or conventional standards of beauty.

>The only contemporary author writing in this mode is Haruki Murakami.
Forgetting about the smartest man on earth

This guy is going for a PhD in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tICiNbukog0

He also has a video recommending a starting post-postmodernism reading list.

>2017
>phd students are now doing cringy youtube videos

kill me

radical nobility in everything in life. I'm tired of plebian concerns. lolberts and communists, making consumer goods out of everything that makes us human. From now on I will be a patrician in all that I do.

unemployment.

contd. Right now there's a huge taboo against acting out an archetype directly, since it's seen as fake, pretentious, or just autistic. I think this is what has to switch for post-post modernism. People should be encouraged instead of discouraged to do things like write love poetry or songs, etc. Hard to explain, but I think you can get what I mean. Post modernism convinces people that it's wrong to try to become the platonic form of a thing.

pomo is context > content

that's it.

agree on that

An effective lack of position and rejection of any structure/order

Basically the artistic equivalent of memes that make fun of other memes

It's a meaningless word

recommend any of his books?

>radical nobility in everything in life.
ha, faggot

So, like, conservativism?

I think of it as the reaction to postmodernism. It is a loosely connected grouping of stances in how to react to postmodernism. Do you reject it? Embrace it and double down? Those are the main responses. What is more interesting is how the internet will influence post-post-post (dear god can we please stop adding posts)

return of order and purpose through neoliberal politics and radical ethno identity. see BLM, trans movement, etc.

post-modernism is a gen x sort of thing (standing at the 7-11 smoking a cigarette complaining that nothing matters). post-post modernism is a gen z sort of thing (tweeting about why trump is bad or why previous generations are racist/sexist/etc.).

No one knows.

It pushes through and pushes away all the self-conscious layers of irony that envelop postmodern man.

There, striding out of the fog with a firm step and a face set like flint, behold the post-postmodern man.

We found meaning of life in shit posting. Thanks postpostmodernism.

>People should be encouraged instead of discouraged to do things like write love poetry or songs, etc
I have a hunch romanticism is going to come back in a big, big way. You might get lucky user.

this.
self-modernism or meta-modernism

adbusters.org/article/the-satori-generation/

House of Leaves

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of The World.

These are the right answers. While I think the 'Satori Generation' will be confined only to Japanese culture, a general sense of resignation will grow. This unpins the modern Stoic movement and the Christian revival.

Romanticism will grow insofar as the postmodern has purged any source of Beauty or Nobility in the world. The youth are itching a noble battle as they were before WW1. You can see this increase of militancy in the US police forces, in the global protests, Antifa, the Radical Left, and the Alt-Right.

At the same time, there exists a desire of community as both the Satori and the Romantics provide. The Radical Left are still pinned down by atomistic individuality, but the Right is willing to give that up for a sense of community and belonging, whether it be racial or others.

Further, our distance from Natural and deeper ensnarement by technology, consumerism, and the Protestant work ethic is being bucked by the New Age movement, Pantheism, the growth in Paganism (see Greece and Scandinavia) as well as Primitives on the Left.

The "Satori Generation" fad is already over, birth rates are exploding, everybody is moving out of their parents house and starting families causing a small economic housing boom.

You're just a gay faggot and no-one cares about you, realize it