Thoughts on this presumptuous jerk ?

Thoughts on this presumptuous jerk ?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hH9PhdK3mdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wYWyYt2leaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not one

He was a wonderful poet. Too bad he didn't focus all his energy only in writing poetry.

Better than any thing that came from Am*rica.

Anyone who has lived his life has earned the right to be presumptuous.

that the fascism guy?

fascinating character...much more interesting (and rascally) than mussolini

He wasn't a fascist. When Mussolini came, D'Annunzio was already old and he didn't really care about the political changes. Sure, he was friend with Mussolini, he was a nationalist, he was irredentist, but that doesn't make him a fascist. Just consider he felt superior to Il Duce. By definition, if you don't submit to Power you can't be a fascist.

Also worth noting is how Mussolini regreted associating himself with Hitler and late into the war said that he should've listened to D'Annunzio, who argued against making a pact with Germany.

You're perfectly right. He was more fond of France than Germany, after all the years spent in Paris.

he was a proto fascist
he wanted to be stronger than the state itself,as every fascist should want to

That's just s*lly.

Better than anything that came, comes or ever will come from Am*rica.

>stronger than the state itself,as every fascist should want to
That's completely wrong. A fascist wants to submit to the State. Maybe you're talking about the Futurist ubermensch, which is a different thing.

Eia, eia, eia! Alala!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hH9PhdK3mdQ

talent without meaning is just sad
youtube.com/watch?v=wYWyYt2leaA

The absence of meaning in D'Annunzio is itself the meaning. He was a decadent, remember?

as catholicism taught us during renaissance, beauty that comes from art is the proof of the immortal soul in the man.
d'annunzio, with its sensitivity towards beauty, was a talented man who wasted a rare gift.

Funny. He does out-hype even Emerson- all those exclamation points!!! He would have been a kick-ass salesman.

I don't get neither the counter-argument to my post, nor the one to your premise

M'

t. triggered and bitter Italians who can’t actually make any kind of interesting comment on this writer, but have a childish patriotism which means they have to insult ‘muh anglos’ even though they weren’t even mentioned by OP.

>t. doesn't understand italian nationalism or the incident at fiume

Kek save the history lesson for another day, Giovanni. That’s got nothing to do with the shitty and useless replies those two gave.

i'm not even italian, and fiume didn't reach agreement with them either. which country are you from that they don't teach US, French, Italian, Slavic or any history? or is it just you that's retarded?
the state that D'Annunzio occupied is in Croatia

Ey! Mamma mia! This-a man, he-a is-a in-a my-a country-a, eh, is-a better than-a pizza! He-a is-a much-a better than, eh, the stupid Americanos, you understand?

I’m trying my best to get into the headspace of a smug autist such as yourself, but I still don’t see why the Fiume is relevant at all. D’Annunzio wrote in Italian as a proponent of Italian modernism which those two Italian posters then rushed to mindlessly compare with US lit. But if you like irrelevant history we could exchange trivia about the Napoleonic wars next.

>irrelevant history ... Napoleonic wars
What!

ILLUMINO

toplel

>the fallout of the treaty of versailles is irrelevant history
>especially when it leads to a poet becoming head of state
nigga, what? even amerifats know that shit's important. you got to be really dumb to think that a major figure of literary canon becoming king is not some big shit.
>Napleonic wars
dumbfuck do you know how much of canon is based around that? dumb bitches who watch les miserables the musical know more shit about literature than you.