Daily "Is Murakami a hack" thread

Daily "Is Murakami a hack" thread.
So, is Murakami a hack?

Totally not! As I noted a little while ago, Coin Locker Babies is probably his best book, but I forgot to mention how In the Miso Soup is a fun little treasure, revisiting his obsession with sex and tourism and dark nights of the soul.

The film adaptation of Audition is a masterpiece if you don't want to bother with the rest of the books (although his debut novel, Almost Transparent Blue, isn't bad for being written by a young man)

Totally yes! As I noted a little while ago, Coin Locker Babies is probably his worst book, but I forgot to mention how In the Miso Soup is a terrible little piece of shit, revisiting his perversion and tourism and dark nights of the soul.

The film adaptation of Audition is garbage and good only if (obviously) you don't want to bother with the rest of the books (although his debut novel, Almost Transparent Blue, is bad for being written by a young hack)

Is this pasta or why wrong murakami?

The sell his books at my University bookstore, so what does that tell you? I don't know if what play that has on your beliefs, but what if I told you he was a Japanese nigger? Does that do it? What if I said he's a hipster faggot moron who exploits certain cultural deficiencies in the Western mind? Listen, he is what he is, but you won't know until you read him yourself.

I read him and i like his books. But i consider myself a pleb normie so maybe he writes literature for pleb normies which would make him a hack.

He's written some entertaining stuff, mostly his early books. Maybe his reach exceeds his grasp sometimes, but I don't know if that makes him a hack or not.

He is a hack but this thread will soon be plagued by that one critical theory 101 jargon abusing faggot trying to convince you otherwise.

I did really like Coin Locker Babies and Almost Transparent Blue, but I can't help but feel that Murakami is in a sense just a second-rate Kobo Abe

Oh shit. Then here's my chance.

What you're looking fore is Maps of Meaning by Jordan Peterson.

hack pleb pseud teen soyboy faggot nigger

They sell Plato's book at my University bookstore, so what does that tell you?

They probably don't teach him right though. I bet they give him a heavy Marxist interpretation.

p is for plebs

This man, in my country he is nothing.

This man, in my country he is nothing.

/thread

I appreciate him for giving the single easiest test to detect if you are in the presence of a pleb or not by simply asking their opinion of Norwegian Wood.

Only contemporary writer I read (but not much of him).
Everything else is strictly on-canon.

he is comfy tier

What are your opinions of Norwegian Wood, user?

He probably feels superior to people who like it because it is manic pixie dream girl fanfic when you take a step back, but honestly it is a nice coming of age romance either way and when you accept it for what it is (basically good YA) you dont have to be a snobby cunt like i am guessing he is.