Just finished reading this

Just finished reading this.
What do I think of it?

you think it's the natural result of a late-stage capitalist society and the internet is accelerating its relevance

It was okay and the long conversation between the controller and the savage was really drawn out

You don't have time to think because your paper on it's do tomorrow.

Still climactic, how the mind regulating and controlling everything is the one that knows about the things the savage is ostracized for

Wasn't all regulated by the state?

at face value that's the plot, yeah. but drawing connections to 2017 it seems that we're bringing it upon ourselves. not like big internet corps don't have massive influence on the government, anyway.

In the hedonistic sense, yes, I see how falling around with everything around is being glorified as it is now and alcoholism for the sake of having a good time is also embelleshed. But the hierarchies and conditioning, not completely

best pleb filter ever written
if you like it, you're a pleb

I like Bernard’s development with the society and his social isolation brought about by the system’s level of perfection.

I don't know, ask CNN and then form your opinion.

It's an aesthetically confused shotgun blast that damaged as many good things (eugenics, industrialized reproduction) as bad things (hedonism, collectivism, Marx, Freud); mad overrated, slightly worse that 1984.

But not TERRIBLE. It was the second or third serious book I read, and I found it provocative at 13

shit thread t

Huxley is an immensely powerful visionary. He literaly lost his sight and came up with techniques to get it back. His entire life revolves around vision and sight, both literal and metaphorical. BNW is so on point that it gets dismissed in literary circles. It took 50 more years for honest intellectuals to apprehend technological progress effects on man and society.

read The Technological Society as a nonfiction companion.

>The Technological Society
Amen.

>christian
>dialectician
>whining about technology

sounds like a hot load of garbage but okay

trips confirm

>Wasn't all regulated by the state?
>implying it can't still be capitalism

Textbook case of what a low intelligence entails. Stay irrelevant.

I'm not the one who can't even use the word "entails" correctly, but okay ;)

also
>christcucks calling anyone irrelevant
don't you have some hymns to chant/ transubstantiated blood to drink?

The point of authors 'whining' about technology is that technology brings so many benefits we will never undo technological progress, even if this progress means the obsolescence and inexorable downfall of the human species. Maybe read a book, if you're still a teen it's not too late.

that wasn't real capitalism!

>inexorable downfall of the human species

It's the 21st centurty and
>muh humanism
is still the best we can do?

Read Nick Land and get woke senpai

It sucks.

I like the idea but it was executed poorly.

Nick Land holds the very same opinion regarding human obsolescence. He just embraces it. You never read a book.

>Nick Land holds same opinion as a dialectical anarchist christcuck

color me skeptical senpai

High school tier criticism

You never read a book. You never read these two authors.

I found it as a nice piece of fiction but the message it conveys seems to demonize a lot of these utopic facts.
Sounds like a very nice place to live the England portrayed in the book.

Okay, I can elaborate.

I found the book to be a bit mundane, and additionally, a bit ludicrous. The fact that they just drop whatever they are doing and have orgies on a whim, seemed so ridiculous to me. I understand the point that society has been dumbed down to such a scale that this all seems normal to them, and it is supposed to shock the reader. However, as I found it more stupid than shocking.
I also simply do not like his writing style. It didn't flow very well to me. The way he described the events going on seemed very simplistic, and lacked an artistic style.

Capitalism was a mistake.

Materialism and 'progress' is. What was the difference between capitalist america and communist ussr? None, they both had factories running and producing the same goods with the same workers. Capitalism and communism are just transitory means to achieve the inevitable historical materialist trend of technological progress and industrialisation.

Capitalism apologists were a mistake.

Christianity plays little to no part in Ellul's analysis in The Technological Society. You read the first paragraph of a wikipedia page and think you have it all figured out. The fact that you cited Nick Land (a meme I guarantee you haven't read) as the antithesis to Ellul just goes to show that you've done little research into the views you think you hold.

Commies and their delusions.....