Is this the man with the most comfy writing ever?

Is this the man with the most comfy writing ever?

>literally wrote the best fairytale in human history
Yes.

oh y-yeah?
w-well w-what y-yearly stipend d-did the queen give HIM???

Farmer Giles may well be the peak of comfy.

no, hugh Lofting is

book 3 of lotr is one of the worst written works of any genre

You shut your whore fucking mouth.

Why do you say that, exactly?

What a strange thing to say.

fag detected

Imo Dickens is the comfiest

Great Expectations, anyone?

That final line in the LOTR was my happiest moment

Tolkien is a better writer overall but Brian Jacques is comfier.

Every Sam n Frodo chapter is the same drivel and slog and is actually a slog to read as well. And then the slog is over and their deus ex eagles come and the book is over except it's not and there's like 5 celebratory chapters left.

Snaga is actually the only memorable character from their side of book 3.

The eagles were not a Deus Ex Machina. And every Sam and Frodo chapter was vastly different as they journeyed from place to place, lots of different things happen to them. Did you even read the book?

I couldn't get past the 2nd book as a teenager. I can't imagine why I would suddenly read Tolkien now and love his writing in midlife with my patrician taste.

Great Expectations is very comfy. I took my time with that one. I regret not reading Dickens sooner tbqh. I had always thought he would bore me and that his novels would be gooey with sentimentality. Now I consider him by far to be the greatest author of the 19th century. There are some authors such as Henry James or Jane Austen some people might praise for being more innovative but no one did a better job at capturing the 19th century than Dickens.

>inb4 b-b-but muh Russians
Not even a chance. Read your Russians again after you've developed your knowledge of the canon and you'll realize how far down the ladder Russian literature is.

>Every Sam n Frodo chapter is the same drivel and slog
But there are only three of them, each very different, and they're not even long.
>and the book is over except it's not and there's like 5 celebratory chapters left.
Is this just bait? The Scouring of the Shire is the most significant part of RotK.

"Comfy" is a bad thing

>t. horsefucker

That doesn't look like Alan Watts to me

DESU, I think that the Narnia books make better children's books. Even if they're a bit too on the nose about Christianity sometimes.

I meant to say make better children's books than The Hobbit.

>Not knowing Hermann Hesse

>The Scouring of the Shire is the most significant part of RotK

Come on, you don't mean that, don't lie. Not even soyboys who claim it to be so because it's oh so political think that chapter is anything good. You had a fucking Mouth of Sauron chapter and you chose Scouring of the fucking Shire?

Literally nothing happens except Shelob and Angmar going to war. It's excruciatingly dull.

>it's oh so political
???
>Shelob
Not even in RotK.
>Angmar going to war
You must be joking.

Crossboarder detected
Exile thyself