I don't understand the hype with breakfast burritos. They are dry and really messy to eat...

I don't understand the hype with breakfast burritos. They are dry and really messy to eat. They add nothing to the experience compared to eating the eggs alone or with a bagel. I even ate these in Colorado which is the capital of this shit and still wasn't impressed. Why do people like these?

Attached: 1382542427230.jpg (616x462, 42K)

If they're dry then you probably have overcooked eggs and a terrible mix of ingredients. If they're messy to eat then you probably don't know how to eat a burrito.

This is not a new invention. There is no "hype" over breakfast burritos, you fucking stooge.

>ate breakfast burritos in Colorado
>didn't get the bacon breakfast burrito from Good Times
The green chile makes it moist and delicious.

Breakfast burritos are great when they're made by any half decent short order line cook.

colorado is definitely not the capitol of breakfast burritos. new mexico is the capitol of them and you get them fucking smothered. colorado has shit tier breakfast burritos.

>They add nothing to the experience compared to eating the eggs alone or with a bagel.
Eat a plate of eggs while driving and youll understand why breakfast burritos were invented.
>really messy to eat
Oh wait, you're an actual invalid and can't be trusted by the State to drive.

that just means you had a shit breakfast burrito and personally i really don't like breakfast burritos
who the fuck would eat while driving

Maybe get a job.

Denver does green chile better than New Mexico. It's almost always Hatch chiles up here, which are the best, and the way we make the sauce is better.

My job doesnt need me out on the road so early that I cant sit down for fifteen minutes to eat. breakfast burritos are for stoners

sandia hot and big jim are the best green chile varietals. you're just too stoned all the time to notice.

compare the farms that grow green chile in colorado to those in new mexico.

bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, bbq sauce roll it in a tortilla
they're delicious

We buy them from New Mexico, because of the terroir. Then we prepare them better than you do.

That is not a breakfast burrito. A breakfast burrito is eggs, potato, cheese, and bacon or some combination thereof. Hot sauce optional.

huh?

Easy to grab, pay for, and hold in your car or on the train on your way to work.

>I even ate these in Colorado which is the capital of this shit
Is that true? Hrm.

Overstuffed giant burritos should be foil wrapped and I think an old half stale burrito falls apart more easily than a fresh one that was warmed. So, maybe you're not eating in the capital of burritos like you think you are...

I think the point of putting a bunch of mexican flavored items within a burrito is to make is portable and clean eating. I wouldn't compare favorably against a bagel, which would be something most people aren't making from scratch at home, so is a treat to eat at a genuine bagel bakery. OP, you just seem like you have a lot of problems to have this many food issues, or even to make this thread. You prefer eggs alone, just admit it.

Myself, if I'm going anywhere known for good mexican food, then I will be getting the chilaquiles at breakfast, probably green, with chicken and eggs and that delicious crema drizzle. I will also get the molletes. If I was "on the go" to eat while driving, I'd be getting a cafe de olla and just a concha or a pastry of some sort, nothing from the kitchen. I think burritos are fine and all, but there's just 15 things I'd order first that are labors of love and more time consuming than I'd do at home.

Ideal breakfast on the go is Cuban food. Some cuban bread toast is divine, pressed and all crackly buttery crusted. Add a cortadito, maybe a croquetta or little meat pastelito. Good enough!

Attached: mexican breakfast.jpg (320x413, 39K)

>They are dry
RONG

>and really messy to eat
not if they're dry lmao

>mfw creekside cafe in steamboat springs
>mfw seat by the creek in the sun after a chilly ride over the mountain from walden
>mfw cute bubbly waitress
>mfw spilling my spaghetti a little bit bc teeth are chattering
>mfw breakfast burrito covered with green chile

Attached: DSC00318.jpg (2356x1324, 796K)

no, you just white-wash it. colorado is the shitty knockoff of california.

I love breakfast burritos and anyone who doesn't like them should not be trusted. They can be filled with a variety of amazing ingredients and made to your taste. I will say that the best way to have your potatoes in a breakfast burrito is to do them with tatter tots. It gives you the most crisp all around with delicious potato and it makes it so every bite has the perfect amount.

>They are dry
That has absolutely nothing to do with breakfast burritos and everything to do with where you're getting them.

Have you ever eaten a bowl of Denver pork green chile? Or had it on/in a burrito? If not, never reply to me again.

Tater tots still exist? Damn, I haven't had those in like 5+ years, totally thought they were gone

>our state has "mexico" in its name, so we're mexican! cultural appropriation, cultural appropriation!
Fuck me.

Correct answer.
I load that bitch up with eggs, chorizo, cheese, home fires, caramelized onions, red bell peppers, and hot sauce/salsa. Mushrooms occasionally.
I make a huge batch because they freeze and microwave pretty damn well. Instant full breakfast in 30 seconds when I'm hungover, late or lazy.

Hell yeah they do fucker. They are pretty damn good as well when you get them crisp and delicious

>It's always Hatch chiles up here
>Hatch is in southern New Mexico
>we use chilies that were grown in New Mexico better than New Mexico after they've been shipped up here in cold storage instead of freshly picked

You are fucking retarded.
Also, no, you're chile Verde is not better, it's worse and it's not even green. It's a brown sauce with green chiles in it.

It would have been smothered in green chili sauce if you were in Colorado

It's shit compared to new Mexican, Arizonian, or Californian chile verde.

t. buttblasted New Mexicans
Sorry that guys are stuck with that thin watery crap.

I make them myself and heat them up in the microwave when I get to work.
Pretty good, and convenient.

Breakfast burritos rule
You’re just a massive faggot

Chilaquiles is the patrician breakfast food. If youre hispanic/latino what is your background btw. relates to your choice in green or red

Nope, not New Mexican, just an expert on southwest food, and Colorado has the worst. No flavor, bland as fuck compared to every other southwestern state.

Colorado isn’t a Southwestern state. Eastern Colorado is the Midwest, and Western Colorado is the West.

>They are dry
Can't cook
>really messy to eat
Manchild

Attached: 13161616151.jpg (334x393, 29K)

Exactly, which is why their chile verde is worse. Underseasoned, lacking the "verde", tastes more like pork in gravy with some green chiles thrown in.