Why doesn't Rowling write another series set in the same universe...

Why doesn't Rowling write another series set in the same universe? There are a tonne of people who would buy another book/series in the Harry Potter Universe, and there is so much she could write about.

She's already filthy rich

>be worth hundreds of millions of dollars
>do anything besides shitpost on twitter

Isn't the cursed child and Fantastic beasts set in the same universe but not directly correlated to harry potter?

For some reason Rowling wants to keep writing crime novels that nobody likes or cares about.

Yeah, Cursed child was about Harry's son and a play not written about Rowling. Fantastic Beasts is a film series.

Just if she actually writ a new series about different characters I'm sure it'd sell like crazy.

isn't she screenwriting the new fantastic beasts movies?

she has that shitty beasts franchise going on now in movies.
the few first books took her 10 years to make and it shows.
The last couple books, she had to have help and you can tell she didnt know what the fuck to do with it. from the whorecocks to the random ultra wand. she was all over the fucking place.
I wish she would fuck off for 15 years and make something not shit like her beasts thing.

I couldn't finish that fantastic beasts movie. Interesting concept, nice designs, but everything else was so dull and uninspired, especially the lead.

Why would she ever write another entry in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>didn't post the picture
poor effort

she definitely needs to write a story about Dumbledore and Grindelwald, back when they both tried to take over the world.
book would sell like hotcakes, and she can donate all the proceeds to groups that are anti-Trump

I’ll handle this one, chaps.

It’s structure.

Look at what harry potter is, structure wise. It’s a monomyth. She’s already blown her hog warts load on her epic and now it’s done. She expended the most accepted arc structure for a fantasy story and she doesn’t have anything left in the tank. You can’t just keep writing on the story because the ultimate Evil has already been vanquished and there’s nothing left to fight. That’s why Star Wars needs to end. It’s started with the biggest western story arc in the first three movies. That’s why the prequels weren’t as beloved. Sure they had better sound and visual effects but ultimately it was just “this is how anakin became Vader”. Not the same. It doesn’t have the same punch. That’s why everyone called force awakens a soft reboot or just a knockoff. Because the people making the film knew they had to start a new adventure and copied what already works. The only other real option is the “left handed journey” (think Walter White from breaking bad) and Disney doesn’t have the balls to take it that far. To continue writing Harry Potter stuff at this point would just be aimless literary masturbation.
P.s. there’s Harry Potter themed events every few months at local pubs I regularly set up a table to sell easily mass produced scab/fake art to its fan base and make major bank. They seem happy to fork over handfuls of cash for goods they could easily make themselves if they weren’t retarded. I’d feel sorry for them if they weren’t such an insufferable pack of dipshits. They say they love the books but only quote the movie parts that aren’t in the books. Rest assures all money will go towards booze. Cheers

If she insists on writing detective novels,why not set them in Harry Potter's world?

I can imagine a TV series with Neville Longbottom teaming up with Luna Lovegood as a detective agency. Neville would do the legwork and fighting,and Luna would research the technical side of the strange aspects of magic to help. Killing off Voldemort would not end evil forever,and the power vacuum he left would naturally be filled by warring factions of deatheaters. It would be a great way of adding to the Canon and further defining the world in magical and character interactions.

Fantastic Beasts was an okay movie but it almost felt like the normal human guy was the main character since was basically a doormat.

The other thing about Harry Potter that rubbed me the wrong way was that it felt too slapped together with Book 1 written before Rowling had any idea how Book 7 was supposed to end, with a lot of the "how to defeat Voldemort" stuff backloaded onto the last three or so books. Another issue is the timeline issue, with Dudley throwing his PlayStation out the window in Goblet of Fire, which made sense if you were reading Harry Potter in 2000 thinking that it was supposed to take place very close to the modern day, but then the series was retconned to take place in the early 1990s in the next book or two, creating a plothole where the PlayStation wasn't even released in Japan yet. (That's not counting other retcons Rowling made after the books were released).

Same, when shit started blowing up I got up and went to do something else. Didn't even notice I hadn't finished it. I only liked the plain girl being played by a hottie.

Setting inconsistencies seem to be a common fault in children’s literature, especially ones that weren’t necessarily written with a saga in mind. Redwall did the same thing with the oddities only found in the first book (before it became a series) like the horse cart, Cluny being a ship-rat, and Matthias landing in a cat’s mouth. Cats and most other larger animals got scaled in the later books to only slightly larger than mice (close to rats, ferrets, etc) and Jacques made a point of portraying the setting more as its own universe rather than a hidden side of pastoral England. It just comes with the territory, since most books never get sequels so most authors don’t think that far ahead.

I liked Fantastic Beasts as an amateur animalologist. I also think Redmayne is a good actor. I could have honestly done without the wizard fighting, though. A movie about a magic Richard Attenborough would have been fantastic without the violence not from the Obscura.

>as an amateur animalologist
The fuck

i thought she did ghost write a mystery novel and she got found out, maybe that was a dream I had.

I just looked it up its called the Cuckoos Calling.

I remember working at the mall or something when a co worker came in and said this book that had been sitting in stores for months started flying off the shelves

After poor sales under her ghost name there was a "leak" topkek (really makes you think) Really speaks volumes about how good of a writer she actually is.

if i were worth one billion pounds or whatever, i wouldn't work either

Who here /HPMOR/?

I have to admit read all of it over the course of two days.
Absolutely atrocious writing, and disgusting ethics aside, it was the most engaged I've been in reading since the final stretches of IJ.

Did Jacques ever go on record saying that the whole saga was planned from the start? I don't think he did.

Harry Potter, on the other hand, did have the "it was always planned that way" excuse. In looking back, Snape WAS always good even from the first book, even if he was an asshole to Harry and his friends. It was the later books (maybe starting at 4 or 5) where Rowling tried to throw in a false lead where he was allied with Voldemort, but only after she had actually plotted out an ending. But if it was planned from the start, it would have been more obvious that there was more to say, the Dursley's neighbor Arabella Figg, or Scabbers the rat, which were retconned into being more important characters.

zoologist

It's shit, but great fun

Ain't it grand? Meanwhile, Notch is sitting on about a billion as he spouts /pol/ phrases on Twitter. I wish I was in Notch's shoes sometimes, if only for the shitpost potential.