I want to get my sjw sister a book for christmas and thought Woolf would be my best bet since she's apparently a...

I want to get my sjw sister a book for christmas and thought Woolf would be my best bet since she's apparently a feminist icon or whatever. I've never read anything of hers personally.

In your opinion what's her best book? I know this is a leftist board as well so feel free to recommend something else a single white female university student in her twenties who cares about politics without actually knowing anything about politics might like.

y u gotta kill threads just to bait?

Why shit up my thread with this post without even attempting to answer my question?

>>I know this is a leftist board
>Doesn't see anyone sperging about "sjws"
>must be a leftist board
Get her a copy of Fanny Hill.

don't buy Woolf for someone who isn't into literature.
just get her two cards. a birthday card and an apology card for being such a faggot.

because its a lazy bait thread by an obvious non-reader

"Flowers in the Attic" by the black feminist Virginia Cleo Andrews

>single white female university student in her twenties who cares about politics without actually knowing anything about politics
What are you up to?

Third-wave feminists hate Woolf.

Go buy her something from Rebecca Walker or Alice Walker. Pretty much any novel that's come out in the last two decades that was penned by some chick with a obongo-bongo name is fair game.

Post a pic if you're not bullshitting

See: this whole fucking board.

calm down faggot

To the Lighthouse and The Waves are fucking phenomenal

Why encourage her mental illness? Unironically get her Culture of Critique instead.

Because he loves her.

The Bell Jar
or even better, The Bell Curve

Decided to go with To the Lighthouse.

Thank you to everyone who gave advice.

You're a good brother

Sylvia Plath is absolute garbage.

To the Lighthouse is one of my all-time favorite novels. Good choice.

>Third-wave feminists hate Woolf.
Why?

The Camp of the Saints

>Sylvia Plath is absolute garbage
What a pleb. Stop talking kid, no one is listening.

The Waves is the greatest work of English literature. Come at me you illiterate wankers.

*uses too many adverbs*

Recommending Plath in a thread about Woolf is like talking about McDonald's while sitting at a table in Noma. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Says the lad who bought his tranny sister an inferior book. I hope she gives your butthole a good buggering m8.

To the Lighthouse is still great. It's also better to start there if you're unfamiliar with Woolf

not op you fat faggot, get pegged

Fair enough. I love them both, but waves felt me up deep inside.

O, woe is me

Just get her the Crying of Lot 49 dude

Woolf is a semi-difficult author, especially if you don't enjoy pagelong paragraphs. Get your sister something by Chinchua Achebe, probably a short story collection. She'll have an easier time with the book and enjoy it more. It'll also be more relevant, since Achebe is a hot topic right now in universities and literary circles.

Great novel

this is a leftist board, dipshit. lurk more.

Give her emma goldman

What's with people and their unending desire to place a board on some sort of political spectrum. Just talk about DFW you fucking faggot

Giv her The Mill on the Floss.

Get her some M.F.K. Fisher or some Penelope Fitzgerald. Excellent titles of the latter include The Blue Flower and The Beginning of Spring.
t. have an appreciative book-reading sister.

Just buy her the complete short story collection of Katherine Mansfield. It's less generic than Woolf and more engaging.

>single white female

I just came from this exact thread on /tv/ thats so odd

>"why did you get me this book"
>"Oh, haha, um, I guess because I see everyone through the lens of a political dichotomy and know literally nothing about you otherwise, I got you something by an author who I think is a feminist. I wish I knew something about you so I could get you a gift with the vaguest sense of personality, but since politics dominates my perspective on everything, even if I did know anything about you as a person, I'd assume that you'd rather a gift that reaffirms your politics."

I don't think you would have to be an """avid reader""" to enjoy To The Lighthouse.

They don't, he just doesn't want to associate anything he considers good with feminists.

>inb4 finding a few quotes of feminists not liking woolf as if that is representative of anything

i think you would, its a fuckin experimental modernist novel, not to mention absolutely turgid (at times)