Cognitive Science major

>Cognitive Science major
>Stuck with Symbolic logic and Phil of Mind/Language
>missed all the great continental memes
i don't even know how to start with Nick Land

>cognitive scientist
>thinks he's "scientifically" studying "what Thought really is"
>is a REPRESENTATIONALIST

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

IT'S LITERALLY LESS OF A REAL FIELD THAN PHRENOLOGY!

This thread is genuinely too high brow for me
What the fuck are these people saying

Nigger why didn't you just study Computer Science or pure Philosophy?
Cog Sci is a hermaphrodite meme

I know how to code, took some CSCI classes and got a job using R anyways.

>i don't even know how to start with Nick Land

Don't bother. It may not seem like it based on the discussion that goes on here, but you're actually on the right path.

>it's an Analcuck arrives to defend this shitshow

Name one (1) thing wrong with analytic philosophy

It masquerades as semantically accountable when we still have no such metaphysical foundation to make such a project meaningful
Read Wittgenstein

>we still have no such metaphysical foundation to make such a project meaningful
WE DO NOW

Name one thing Continental got over Analytical

>analytics still think "reason" "functions" by chaining together self-transparent apodictic "statements" built from stable "concepts" that "correspond" to "things" in the "real world"

HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO BE THIS RETARDED

>what is the indeterminacy of translation, language-games, rigid designation, fregean senses, atomic facts, etc, etc

>got a job using R anyways

Because we don't care about the real world. I'm shocked there are continentals on Veeky Forums

1. What are you even trying to say?
2. Do you genuinely think that there is a shared thesis or methodology underlying analytic philosophy?
3. You do realize that conceptual analysis has been unfashionable within the analytic community at large for decades, right? It's only something people dabble in a bit pro forma or because they are part of either some weird Australian cult or because they think defending dead programs is fun.

t.has only read the first two chapter of an intro philof mind textbook

Kripke in no way claims to have done what you're referring to here

>Do you genuinely think that there is a shared thesis or methodology underlying analytic philosophy?

If there isn't then what on Earth do we have to speak about at all.

>I'm shocked there are continentals on Veeky Forums

why? analytic has no sex appeal.

nobody is ever going to get his dick sucked for his brilliant interpretation of Kripke.

How INTERLINKED are you?

Could you propose one?

As far as I can see, the things unifying analytic philosophy have to do with sociology, history and canon rather than theses or methodology.

>not unironically enjoying both traditions of thought
>Falling for the conty/analytic divide meme

The absolute state of Veeky Forums

There are still divides with regard to where people get their education, what publications they read, what texts you are expected to cite when publishing in various places, and so on. The cross-over has been getting better and things will probably become better moving forwards. The problem isn't with people accepting that there is a division, but with people deciding that it's a team sport.

good movie

If it's a science major, you naturally want to avoid continental meandering

Logic games. Bullshit Americanalism. Appeals to 'muh raisins'

>not knowing Sanskrit
>not reading Dharmakirti or Nagarjuna
>not mastering Yogacara
Bad, user. Very bad. I'm so disappointed in you.

Meaningless ensemble of words that you don't understand

The Kripkeeper stands in your path

>The cross-over has been getting better
It's still pretty one sided, continentals are desperately attempting to stay relevant in modern academia by learning how to express themselves in pseudo-analytical terms while the analytical professors get angry when the comparative literature folks call Derrida a philosopher and refuse to even identify continental philosophy as philosophy.

Style

Wrong. Try again, you absolute retard.
Non-philosophy will tend to reject actual philosophy, yes. Now go make more dildos, engie.

Wowzer, no need to blame me for the state of your education system m8.

No mate, the American here (you) is the one with the noneducation.

>Me
>American
Fix your insecurity.

isnt sanskrit really hard

I wish i knew sanskrit

Is philosophy of language / philosophy of mind Analytic philosophy? What's continental, Kant and Hegel and all that?

I am really enjoying my philosophy of language and logic courses. Take modal logic if its offered at your uni and you'll have more fun. Consider some classes in upper division math as well if your schedule allows for it. Discrete mathematics is very interesting if you think of it as you would logic and language

Also, fichte is a good read if you want the continental memes with pure logic as a backbone