Is this price a rip off? Why is vodka so expensive in USA?

Is this price a rip off? Why is vodka so expensive in USA?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 4.22.07 PM.png (2184x1070, 696K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yCrKjZrg-eA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_the_United_States#List_by_jurisdiction
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get taaka

>Why is vodka so expensive in USA?
marketing
>Is this price a rip off?
Yes. Get something that's less of a meme.
Vodka is 38.5% grain alcohol, and the rest of it is water. If anyone tries to be snotty about vodka, punch them.

I need to buy vodka for my frat brothers will they be ok if I buy cheap stuff?

>Paying for friends and 5/10 alkie girls

I live in Chicago and frequent Binny's. They often have the best prices and a massive selection. That doesn't seem too high for me. Of course I could get a much cheaper bottle for less if I wanted to.

*blocks your path*

Attached: vodka.png (1007x682, 301K)

>I live in Chicago
Admitting to living in chiraq.
At least say you're from the burbs.

its subject to excise tax brainlet

25 bucks for a fifth of geese sounds right. But I would buy Stoli instead.

Huh?

Skyy Vodka and only Skyy Vodka.

yes, Grey Goose is a ripoff

literally just buy handles of popov. make a meme out of it, college kids love that kind of stupid shit.

You should be able to buy a liter of it for like $13 bucks (lower end than greygoose mind you)

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-26 Taaka Vodka.png (973x586, 127K)

should be 40% brah

This is surprisingly good

That price seems about right, reach for the stuff on the bottom shelf.

Expensive???? Dude a 700ml bottle of grey goose in my country is like $70, pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-27-18-03-17.png (1080x1920, 171K)

Compared to Canada, American booze prices are cheap. Compared to Mexico, American prices are expensive. Yikes to New Zealanders.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (752x524, 78K)

Attached: skol.jpg (2505x1395, 314K)

god bless australia

you realize you can get the trashest shit on the shelf, run it through a charcoal filter a few times, and have grey goose-tier vodka, right?

Attached: amerimutt the white.jpg (800x344, 42K)

This would be just a hair under 50 US dollars

That's New Zealand Dollars which makes it's price 54.7 USD.

That's AUD so it's 49.33 USD

Attached: grey goose hinta.png (1557x910, 118K)

$25 buckaroos here in USA!

Attached: dagoose.png (1378x1164, 297K)

that's twenty dollars less than it was in 2009ish. it's also fifteen dollars more than a fifth of burnettes

No tell me how

We know from OP

For 50ml less.

If you insist on Grey Goose just buy the generic Costco version. If you're trying to impress people pour it into an empty Grey Goose bottle.

Is this a real life hack that can be easily done?

literally what I said

yes

God bless Mr. Daniel Murphy

Attached: images (3).jpg (384x384, 17K)

Buy titos silly

they're frat brothers
of course it is you dip
buy Smirnoff if you really care but that's as expensive as you should go

Hello my bc friend

Yeah, it's rough up here. You should see it out in Iceland, I've got some family out there and every fucking time, all the booze is stupid expensive because they tax based on volume OF alcohol, not alcohol BY volume.

how much is it suppose to cost?

>will they be ok

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

So 700ml of beer is taxed the same as 700ml of vodka?

free

I will never, ever, ever

EVER

EVER

understand why people pay more than absolute rock bottom prices for vodka

youtube.com/watch?v=yCrKjZrg-eA

I think I am being memed every timed by you idiots. Save your money for the brown stuff that actually tastes like something

Attached: 1499836720871.png (1076x1062, 910K)

kurwa pierogi
that`s a fucking rip-off a literal meme created by French jews

Attached: hhhhhh.png (1920x1040, 540K)

>bottom shelf popov wins out over lower mid-range shit like smirnoff and svedka

No. Just no. As a real professional alcoholic who doesn't make any money from it I can say that Popov is not good. I do blind taste tests all the time when I pull a random handle out from under my bed in the middle of the night, and every time I pull Popov I know immediately. Maybe I've just bought skunky bottles in the past - because lower end vodka is pretty inconsistent in general - but Popov is absolute shit. I do agree with him that price doesn't often correspond to quality with vodka, but this guy losses all respect in my blood shot eyes when he chooses Popov.

>USA
>Expensive
Try Australia.

Attached: Screenshot_20180327-183726.jpg (978x837, 168K)

Is everything expensive in Australia or do you just have high alcohol taxes and import tariffs? It seems like you fuckers are always drunk.

This, remember kids, the cheaper the vodka the better.

Well, both. Everything is way more expensive, especially shit like alcohol and cigarettes.

>especially shit like alcohol and cigarettes

But is that because of taxes and the government trying to incentivize cutting down on bad habits? I'm originally from Hawaii and things were expensive because it was a tourist destination and almost everything needed to be shipped from the mainland, but you're an entire continent.

>you just buy kirkland vodka which is the exact same thing but cheaper

We do definitely have higher taxes on those goods to try combat bad habits, but we also profit a lot off the sales of them. But why everything else is also way more expensive is beyond me.

Because we are a nation of leaners, not lifters.

Minimum wage is a lot higher in Oz than the States and Canada
AU: $18.29
CAN: $10.85-$14.00
USA: $7.25
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country

Which is accounted for in the exchange rate, but everything still seems much more expensive after converting to $US.

Too drunk and tired to look it up, but is there any US state that actually pays federal minimum wage? I don't remember the last time I've met anyone who makes under $10/hr.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_the_United_States#List_by_jurisdiction

>mississippi
>none

Fucking hell, what's wrong with the South?

>No state minimum wage law. Federal rates apply, although some small businesses exempt from FMWA may not be covered.

At least cigarettes are dirt cheap down there. Used to work with someone who would take orders for cartons when her family came up to visit.

Literally just run it through a water purifier if you want high quality vodka. It's all the same shit, just difference in distilling

Everything is expensive in Australia. Domestic production of a lot of agricultural things is low, because the entire middle part of their country is an ancient red desert full of spiders and snakes and flies and abbos. So they have to import a ton of shit, and then they put huge goddamned taxes on everything to support the melange of white trash and African savages that serve as an underclass in a nation full of convicts, Plus an $18 minimum wage means everything's more expensive (although you can still get great deals at farmer's markets).

p.s. Sydney and Melbourne are pretty trash, fuck around Brisbane and go to Australia Zoo, then either fuck around the NT or go through the wine country, boozing and eating sausages and making friends with doggos. Or just go to NZ, it's much nicer overall and the food's better.

So it's basically like Hawaii except not pretty and all the wildlife is going to kill you? I watched a documentary a few years ago about your toads and it turns out they are the same ones in Hawaii, that infested the place from sugarcane imports back in the day.

Actually, our agriculture is pretty self sufficient. Very little of the raw produce sold to the consumer originates overseas. It's manufacturing that is screwed here. There is very little value adding industry left, to the point that we sell unprocessed ore to China and then buy the finished steel back from them.

Not him, but Taaka is pretty cheap, but decent tasting.

I usually get Borski. It's 8.99 for a 1.75 lt jug and it's pretty smooth for the price.

They still have to follow the federal minimum.

If you are buying any name brand of vodka (e.g. Grey Goose; Svedka; Belvedere) it's marketed to all hell and people will buy it regardless of quality or price. Federal alcohol tax is significant, but individual states levy alcohol taxes on top of that and it can get outrageous.
The best part of drinking vodka is that even cheap vodkas are so devoid of taste that they can easily substitute in any mixed drink, so unless you intend to drink it neat, you can buy a $10 fifth and still make out alright

>not buying russian standard and beluga when super fancy

This or other cheap shit and filter it.

Listerine?

>blocks your bottom shelf

Attached: CDFCFDB2-4073-4EA3-B5B2-8833EB6E6D03.jpg (1125x919, 207K)