Why are the chipotle-style dining establishments so successful, Veeky Forums?

Why are the chipotle-style dining establishments so successful, Veeky Forums?

Pic related is Cava, which has a similar set up as Chipotle, and it’s dank af.

Attached: 2491F2AB-F8ED-4FCC-ADE1-434A6D2305B9.jpg (345x230, 49K)

>chipotle-style

so, cafeteria-style?

its called fast-casual you stupid fuck

it's just the most efficient possible way to throw food together and for the customer to choose all their own ingredients

it's called stupid hipsters giving each other preventable disease because they're fucking stupid.

It's a meme for wannabe foodies that think they are getting quality food for a higher price point.

>it’s dank af

Well that’s the answer to your question.

Subway had that style first.

Call it subway style.

Because they're the de facto restaurant for white Americans. They're great for white yuppies who want to try Mexican food but don't actually want to be near Mexicans.

huh?

It's the "fast casual" concept. Basically a way to get people with money to eat fast food without eating "fast food".

Because it is in a transportable form of a burrito first off, easy to eat on the go and dont have to worry about the wrapper on a burger. You can see it assembled in front of you and can see all of the ingredients going into it so you can tell if they are fucked up or close to spoiling. You also watch them assemble it, so there is a 100% guarantee they didn't spit in it or drop it on the floor and pick it back up like is always in the back of your mind at most fast food places. Finally, it is actually fast, yesterday went car shopping with a friend and we ended up sitting in a fucking Arby's waiting 10-15 minutes for our food when 4 different order went out to the drive through.

Because its decent quality food at a reasonable price that isn’t complete shit for you. A burrito bowl from Chipotle has a ton of fiber/protein and is basically the same price as a meal from Wendy’s/McD’s. Basically you eat fast without eating like complete shit while being competitive in price.

It's really the quality thingy tho'. I was sad that ShopHouse didn't survive - it was a bit pricier than going to Chipotle but everything was fresh and had like actual green vegetables and meats and shit, but only took like 10 min to serve me

black black
black
people

What other kinds of food could be made Chipotle style?

Subway sandwiches are essentially the same thing. There are also poke bowls, wraps, Mediterranean rice dishes, etc. There's a whole lot.

salads too, pasta dishes...

Do you not have döner in america? Turks have been doing it like that for decades

Subway sandwiches are essentially the same thing but they’re missing a key point- quality. The quality of all of their food is fucking awful. I get ill every time I eat at one of those disgusting establishments.

The only thing about pasta dishes is that pasta is best cooked to order. The Chipotle model relies on ingredients that can be precooked and stay in warming trays. That's why it's fast. All the ingredients need to be ready and available to just throw on. The only thing that needs "cooking" on the spot is the torilla and that's just for like 5 seconds to soften it up.

It's cheap because of the low start-up cost. You just need to bring in a couple of ovens or microwaves, and then a long assembly station that you stare at like in Subway. Everything else is just stored ingredients.

This is true, pretty much ever gyro/shawarma/falafel place I've ever been to has been like this.

Canada has the best doner

Bibimbap.

Attached: bibimbap.jpg (600x859, 118K)

>wanting to try mexican food
>don't actually want to be near Mexicans
Literally nothing wrong with that

Holy fuck, someone please run with this idea.