Does anybody buy plain vanilla or plain chocolate ice cream because they actually prefer it...

Does anybody buy plain vanilla or plain chocolate ice cream because they actually prefer it? Or do people only buy them when they're getting something for small children or a group setting where you need a lowest common denominator choice that will be generally inoffensive?

Attached: balls-vanilla-chocolate-ice-cream-scoop-close-up-white-background-87984415[1].jpg (1300x923, 143K)

i buy good quality vanilla specifically because i like to put my homemade jam on it

The only time I don't buy vanilla is when I can buy unflavoured.

>unflavoured
they sell plain milk-flavored ice cream?

>being that much of a boring pleb
Why even bother living?

fore milkshakes

Because when you make icecream out of top quality cream, it doesn't need anything else. But I suppose America wouldn't know anything about that.

I make my own icecream, vanilla and maple syrup as sweetener is always my go to

>muh cow's better

Attached: 1517439723839.jpg (640x767, 34K)

there is literally nothing better than either chocolate or vanilla ice cream. the flavors go perfectly with cream. fruit flavor ice cream is never as good as fruit, and butter pecan is too sweet. the other flavor thats great is hazelnut.

Peanut butter ice cream is vastly superior.

Amaretto.

>or a group setting where you need a lowest common denominator choice that will be generally inoffensive?
I doubt most people would find most ice cream flavors offensive. Maybe matcha or mint if they're plebs.

store-bought vanilla ice cream is usually shit and almost has no flavor, except sweetish cold
good artisanal vanilla ice cream (prepared with actual vanilla beans) can be awesome

>spend by far least amount of time eating than any country
>spend the least
>get to eat the most
you probably blew 20% of your wage on it too

it's called Fior di Latte

Attached: 5017832910_e17b165439_b.jpg (1024x685, 52K)

>organic milk, organic cream

as opposed to inorganic milk and cream?

I like mint it is so fucking refreshing

Lemon is also good

I do like vanilla ice cream as an aditive to a dessert or milkshake. Not really on it's own
Chocolate yeah tho

>Lemon is also good
Finally someone who gets it. You, my dear anonymous poster, must be very intelligent to have such good taste!

RENT FREE

fuck that shit raspberry or pistachio are my usual picks

Plain vanilla is more versatile. You can't really make a good affogato or root beer float with anything besides vanilla.

AMERICAN ICE CREAM MANUFACTURERS RUSH TO UPGRADE "ICE CREAM"
NEW MELT-RESISTANT ICE CREAM IS HEALTHIER TOO: BY ADDING BANANA PLANT WASTE FROM THE BANANA PLANT STEMS, OR RACHIS, THEY FOUND THEY CAN SLOW THE MELTING OF ICE CREAM, AS WELL AS REPLACE SOME OF THE FATS USED TO MAKE THE FROZEN DELICACY

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (220x220, 19K)

vanilla bean is the way to go

I generally get neopolitan so I can pick out vanilla/chocolate for any other deserts/milkshakes.

Otherwise some nice caramel + chocolate is the way to go lads.

huh?

user what have i said here that is hard to understand

>inorganic milk and cream
So Filipino milk and cream?

>vanilla
>chocolate
>inoffensive
You damn racist I see what you are doing

Attached: 1510766129459.jpg (446x467, 39K)

I buy vanilla
easy to add some strawberry jam, maple syrup or some dark chocolate shavings to

vanilla isnt for eating alone you silly billy,you combine it with other foods

Sweet cream flavor I believe

I buy vanilla bean almost exclusively. It pairs well with most desserts without overpowering/oversweetening whatever it is I've baked. I do a lot of cakes, cookies, pies, etc.

If I'm out somewhere and "get an ice cream" I'll go with something sweet and flavorful like rum raisin or mint chocolate chip.

vanilla is one of my favourites actually, it just gets a bad rap because cheap examples are usually flavourless trash
the one in your pic doesn't even look like proper vanilla, just unflavoured

I pretty much only buy vanilla the one time every two years I buy ice cream. Vanilla takes different toppings and sauces the best.

my gf buys plain chocolate

Lemon ice cream is usually shit. I had luck one single time with lemon sorbet that was the right level of sour and refreshing without having too much sugar.

Vanilla is objectively the best flavor. Fuck off with your "i need my icecream to taste like mint chocolate cookie-dough cake wafflecones" shit, you child.

Amazing vanilla ice cream is one of the most difficult flavors to make.

I buy plain vanilla sometimes because you can add shit like chocolate chips, peanut butter, jam, nuts, etc.

banana splits and shakes are why you keep the 2 around.

GOD TIER

Attached: Blue Bell.jpg (840x485, 132K)

Vanilla and soft cheeses are the only two food items I absolutely cant handle

Vanilla is delicious and I don't know why people consider it a boring flavour

that said, mint chip is the best ice cream

>Mint Chocolate Chip
>MIllenium crunch
>Vanilla
>Cookie DOugh
>Chocolate

All literal 10/10s, how is bluebell so good?

My favorite flavor is vanilla chocolate swirl... Does that count?

It's just generic sweetness with nothing going on at all

I thought these were halo tops but actually they're just bad

>t. Tastelet
Natural vanilla is an extremely complex and delicious flavor

You uploaded the wrong image, friend.

Attached: 7b5db0a42bd840310c62dd5164eb1175[1].jpg (212x301, 15K)

I've tried the good stuff and the cheap stuff and it's all the same. Idiots like you just fall for the placebo effect so you don't feel bad for wasting your money.

You sound like a swell guy with excellent tastes.

I only order dark chocolate ice cream. If more than one scoop, I order the rest as dark chocolate as well. I do enjoy it, thanks for asking, I hope this information helps you out.

The best ice cream I've ever had was a dark chocolate and hazelnut gelato at a fancy Italian place. But if I'm eating less good shit than that, I usually shoot for less sweet flavors like pistachio, green tea, cream cheese, coffee....

huh?

I can't decide why this doesn't make me mad. It's either too ridiculous or not ridiculous enough.

I like plain vanilla. I also like to buy it to add stuff like pureed fruit to it or cocoa powder. Cocoa powder in vanilla ice cream is better than any store-bought chocolate ice cream I've tried. You can make it as rich and chocolatey as you want.

Gee thanks

why did you write "get an ice cream" like that?

If you want a coke float, you need vanilla ice cream.

Also, strawberry ice cream (or Bluebell's Homemade Vanilla with Strawberries) is never as good as a basic vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries cut in quarters and added to the ice cream.

A friend of mine who used to work in a creamery making ice cream avoids chocolate. According to him, if they make a mistake with another flavor, or just produce too much of the other flavor, they can just mix in chocolate and turn it into chocolate ice cream. So when you buy chocolate ice cream, you never know what other flavors there may be in there that you cannot detect.

>tfw will never get to try the weird midwest flavors again without going back to the shithole that is indiana
I miss Blue Moon.

Buttered pecan got me through some rough and rowdy times.

solution to pollution is dilution
I bet chocolate is just their throwaway flavor just because the ice cream turns out dark

if you've ever painted anything, you'll know that it's a lot harder to cover up blacks than it is to cover up whites.

I decide I want ice cream. I look at the selection, nothing catches my fancy (stuff like fruit is out of fashion, nowadays they serve "salty caramel", "bubblegum", "coconut coffee" and other aberrations). So, "vanilla please."

Maybe if your taste buds weren't fucked up, you could enjoy vanilla.

Vanilla is my favorite.

I usually get a scoop of vanilla and chocolate. I have to have both. One or the other just won't do.

Amaretto is great, but pistachio is king

Attached: pistachio-gelato-recipe-fp.jpg (960x652, 68K)

Quite frankly vanilla is my favourite ice cream flavour and I will buy it on its own, as well as have it most of the time.

Vanilla is only seen as generic in the US because of the tendency to put vanilla flavouring into everything remotely sweet. There's also a lot of variation you can do with the intensity and source of the vanilla flavouring, the milk used (creaminess, etc), and so on. It's severely under-rated.

Pistachio is my second favourite flavour; it's wonderful.

I'd love to buy plain flavored ice creams, but they only sell the variegated shitty editions at the supermarket. Made few exceptions.

Which is why I bought an ice cream making machine. Haha take that ice cream sellers! I've already returned my investment on it.

It's worth noting that an important ingredient in some vanilla ice creams is from a gland in a beaver's butt.

Check the ingredients for castoreum.

seven eleven....

Why does he get his own flavor?

Attached: marion barry.jpg (606x404, 30K)

they eat all they can and sell all the rest. And they never change their commercials. Went on a tour of the factory in Brenham, TX and the place was heaven on earth.

Attached: Blue Bell Factory.jpg (275x183, 11K)

You are quite correct for most of your post. There are some of us with access to Watusi, Jersey, and Guernsey who make ice cream from aged cow's milk. It is nothing like what is in stores. The closest thing to it died out in the 1980s. You only need to eat a little bit of it and you are purely satisfied.

This, except I put apricot syrup all over it.

Attached: 1432989737715.png (1001x1001, 765K)

Unlikely, unless it's niche.
>While it is mainly used in foods and beverages as part of a substitute vanilla flavor,[14] it is less commonly used as a part of a raspberry or strawberry flavoring.[15] The annual industry consumption is very low, around 300 pounds,[16] whereas vanillin is over 2.6 million pounds annually.[17]
And it's just called "natural flavor". Not that I personally would even care.

>dextrose
>stabilizer
wow that's some artisanal shit right there

Mmmmm numm yummy sticky cellulose and guar gums! Ice cream sure is the best when it has the consistency of whipped taffy.

>when an insecure burger tries desperately to impress euros he's afraid are more cultured or worldly than him
Rarely does someone manage to convey such a strong mix of pompousness, deep seated self esteem issues, pretentiousness, and thirst for validation.

A lot of people don’t like or are allergic to nuts and then a lot of people have mixed feeling about fruit or crunchy things in ice cream.

The grocery store I frequent sells 1l of chocolae ice cream for >1€