Hey Veeky Forums, I just got a new job and I've got an entire hour for lunch now, which I've never had before

Hey Veeky Forums, I just got a new job and I've got an entire hour for lunch now, which I've never had before.
I've want to start bringing my own lunches to work so I can save money and not eat out like I'm inclined to do.
Anybody got some good recipes that are cheap, filling, and easy to prepare for a 5 day week?
Pretty much the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is salad.

Attached: m4xpPk1.jpg (2448x3264, 457K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maangchi.com/recipe/sigumchi-namul
seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/03/teriyaki-sauce-how-to-make-at-home-recipe.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

varieties of burritos, rice bowls, pasta dishes, quiches

dude an hour lunch you could go asian style and do like 3-4 components and have time to enjoy each of 'em
what do u like to eat? make that and eat it

I like the ideas you posted. The problem is that I'm not a picky person at all, so I don't even know where to begin. I also need something that will hold up well for a week since I will only have one day where I can really focus on cooking my meals.

Hey Veeky Forums on a related note, I really want to learn how to do meal prep. Tell me about this mystery, how did you crack the code of how to make food and then eat it at a later time? I realize this normally has sixteen threads here but I didn't see one today

How about tortilla chips with queso or rotel dip?

I like to make my rotel dip with cream cheese instead of the yellow orange cheese.

Lasagna and salads.

Attached: 29E1B7F7366A4DF1ACAD5AF717D6C6AD.jpg (1518x1638, 371K)

I like to take bone in, skin on chicken thighs, debone them and bake them. Then steam of broccoli and bake some sweet potato and mash em with maple syrup, butter, and thyme. Pack them in microwavable and freezer safe meal prep containers. Freeze them for the week and take then out as you need. As convenient as a TV dinner.

Attached: 1508346406731.jpg (719x795, 66K)

Is that your hand? Those are some fat fingers. If that’s you, you should spend 10 minutes of your lunch break eating a salad and the other 50 minutes walking up and down the stairs.

huh?

Of course it's not me you fucking retard.

Attached: 1501345738905.png (1332x1540, 2.38M)

This is the new big Veeky Forums meme? No wonder we are the worst board...

I’m still willing to bet you’re a fatty, since you’re so concerned with your food being cheap but filling.

This might not be what you're looking for but I usually just make extra food when I cook dinner then just take the leftovers as lunch for the next day.

I'd rather be fat that a retard.

Attached: 1501108636704.jpg (1024x559, 118K)

>new

only people who think this meme is new and new people, its been around for years

No it hasn’t. Not like this. Almost every fucking thread has someone posting this. Maybe it’s the same person. Probably it’s just you being a faggot all day.
Nothing I said was retarded, but you are a confirmed fatty. You’re going to spend a whole fucking hour every day at work stuffing your fat fucking face and end up even fatter than you are now. I suggest losing weight or killing yourself.

yes it literally has, check the archive somewhere, there was a guy who posted like this for about a month before being rangebanned

Are you mad about something? You seem to be projecting REALLY fucking hard right now.

Attached: 1496610096980.jpg (240x240, 5K)

I have no recollection of this being posted the way it has been for the last two or three days, but I can’t say you’re wrong I guess, since I don’t spend all day everyday here.

Yes, I hate fatties and hope they all die. The fact you are taking up air, space, and food enrages me. I would kill every fatty right beside the niggers, Jews, and Muslims.

You should go on a killing spree or something then.

Or you know, go back to /pol/.

Attached: 58e.jpg (1024x576, 43K)

But I bet you won't.

Cause you're a pussy.

Attached: 4601fae15612a021c28444d20591e2ef1455318499_full.jpg (640x736, 62K)

Do it pussy.
This "fatty" is laughing at you right now.

Attached: 6d2.jpg (400x315, 47K)

I don’t like /pol/ too many Jews. You should go back to /tttt/ with the rest of the ugly dudes in skirts and panties.
Obviously I won’t, because I wouldn’t succeed. I wouldn’t even come close, and the world would do even more to support fatties, niggers, Jews, and Muslims. By taking out a few, I would improve the lives of the many who were left. I will still wish death upon all of them tho. At least I will be happy knowing the fatties will always hate themselves deep down, and know they are the reason for their unhappiness.

TL:DR

But I'm sure it goes along the lines of "I won't because I'm a pussy and all full of hot air and jizz and can't back my words up."

Not even /pol/ would want your punk ass at this point.

Attached: 0e1.png (500x357, 185K)

Fuck off tranny poster. You will kill yourself before the fatty dies of a heart attack.

From fatty to tranny.
Can't even keep your assumptions straight.
Pussy.

Attached: 483.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

I figured one was a fatty, and you were the tranny. Maybe you’re the fat tranny who keeps posting here.

So you are retarded and a pussy?
Called it.

Attached: 122.jpg (462x298, 84K)

Kill yourself

Make me.

Attached: 58f.jpg (907x718, 103K)

Kill yourself

Make me.

Attached: WQvxd0H.png (622x348, 250K)

huh?

Kill yourself

Make me.

Attached: b95.jpg (300x314, 21K)

Kill yourself

Make me.

Also, still open to suggestions for weekly lunch ideas. Don't let the angry autist scare you away. He's harmless.

Attached: tumblr_licww7Nj7B1qi7n4xo1_500.jpg (500x334, 39K)

i always did like tuna, chicken, or w/e easy to make salads. Can eat with bread, or with crackers, sometimes i would do rice. Fridays i would always make a nice sub. Beans and rice with chicken was always good too.

I like the idea of chicken or tuna salad . Easy to throw together, can make a big batch for the whole week and can be eaten different ways.

maangchi.com/recipe/sigumchi-namul

This is my favourite preperation for a vegetable sidedish. It keeps and is eaten cold.
You can change the flavour to whatever you like (i normally do sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame seeds, little sugar, little salt & little minced garlic) but the technique is solid. It works best with heavy leafy greens, so you're eating the healthiest (highest micro-nutrient count) veges. WAY better than lettuce. Kale & watercress are good too, just blanch a bit longer.

It has strong flavour so it goes well with plain rice. I would be happy with that & rice for lunch, and if you add a bit of meat its a very nice meal.

Attached: spinach-side-dish-1.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

>maangchi.com/recipe/sigumchi-namul

Goddamn, that looks good. Spinach is my favorite leafy green, so I can get down with this. Any recs for what kind of meat would go well with it?

Some grilled chicken would be good. The secret to good grilled chicken is to dry brine it. Salt the pieces liberally with sea/kosher salt and then leave it uncovered skin side up on wire racks in the fridge for a few hours. That way it stays juicy and crisps up for science reasons. Then douse it in oil and pepper in a bowl and grill it. If you do breasts, pound them flat so they cook evenly and watch the cook time, test with a pairing knife. Doesn't take longer than 10 mins for breast. I normally do a whole chicken at once. Cut up all the pieces, then use the carcass for stock/soup. Thighs get 30, drumbs 25, wings 15, breasts 8 and misc bits like the oysters 4 mins. All approx times ofc. If you buy pieces, then thighs are nicest and boneless skin on thighs are easiest. Much more forgiving that breast for drying out.

they're pretty good just like that, or i'll toss them with a sauce of chilli, fish sauce, lime and sugar. Or tare sauce from below
seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/03/teriyaki-sauce-how-to-make-at-home-recipe.html

>fat
>can’t cook
Kill yourself

Pardon?

Who the hell spends an entire eating?
I have a 30 minute break and I eat for like 5-10 minutes at the most.
Rest of the time I read the newspaper or whatever

*An entire hour

whats wrong with sammiches and a drink?

god that's fucking annoying

Attached: 1486918056299.png (1024x1051, 186K)

Fatties like op. They also shit a lot more than normal people, but knowing how lazy they are they will probably hold it in on their lunch break and then go shit when they are on the clock.

Op here, I read on my break too.

Because I worked at a sandwich shop for 5 years before I got this job. I could probably go a coiuple of years before I get the urge to eat a sandwich again.

I often just pour some frozen broccoli in a container and chop up some cooked chicken on top. Then in a separate container I bring some sauce. Usually a Asian style that goes well with meat and veg. Heat up and pour on the sauce. You might get the farts but I am open about darting with my coworkers and I help them to understand that smelling my farts makes us closer as a work team. Sometimes I'll even travel to one of the "gorlz" cubicles and dart over their shoulder. They used to freak out. Now they are used to it and I think they even secretly enjoy the aroma of my shit.

huh?

Attached: Funny-chinese-man-smiling.png (500x338, 254K)

Make 2 servings, put 1 serving in a tupperware, eat the other serving, ezpz

you are my hero

stob idd

this sounds like a couple of great suggestions.
burritos would be awesome because you can put your tortillas separately and build your lunch fresh. nothing soggy like sandwiches can get.

Look kid, "huh?", is not a fucking meme

what the fuck dude. did you tactfully take a shit in your box of fries?

Obviously the entire hour is not spent for just eating. Some people still go out, walk, buy something and wait for their food which takes some time too. Idk but we've always been given an hour for lunch break. Maybe it depends on the job

Checked, they right