What were chicken wings actually used for before Buffalo wings? Were they only used for making soup?

What were chicken wings actually used for before Buffalo wings? Were they only used for making soup?

Attached: 1383780068425.jpg (616x462, 53K)

Yeah, they were used to make stock.

They were used to fly xD

Attached: 22448608_1975657986039885_9209937850514782306_n.png (900x904, 431K)

people never really separated the wings like that, so wings were somewhat cheap because people preferred thighs and breasts and legs
people started doing it because they wanted to sell less chicken at a higher price

so kinda yes

Mmf i luv buffalo wings

I think they're horrendously overrated. Chicken wings per pound often times cost more than breasts, while having almost no meat.

xD

why the fuck do people eat wings? it's 70% bone, 20% fat and 10% meat

I remember reading a common breast cut use to have the lower wing joint still attacked so the second and wing tip were removed and probably used for stock or broth. The someone came up with the idea of putting hot sauce on a wing section and superbowl parties were never the same.

That's why Buffalo drumsticks are the way to go

The better question is why do they call breaded white meat "boneless Buffalo Wings"?

You just discovered the formula to the tastiest part of the chicken.

If you have an option other than 50/50 only a sucker wouldn't get all flats.

huh?

I had some wings from pizza hut yesterday.

They were gigantic. 3x larger than what I'm used to seeing.

Have they been breeding chickens with monstrously large wings in the last decade?

Flats are shitty and meatless. The drumlets have superior texture.

Congrats, you just discovered GMOs

The drumstick was served with the breast; called an airline breast. The flats were used in stock.

Attached: airline.jpg (290x174, 6K)

God bless those scientists ensuring I get the most bang for my buck

>Flats are shitty and meatless
flats have the perfect ratio of crispy skin to meat.

How come nearly all dishes are so recent when humanity has been eating since forever?

Tendies are superior anyway

I said drumsticks not drumettes.

What the fuck are Buffalo wings? How do they differ from chicken wings?

we fed them all to ur mum. now we feed her corn

I thought Pizza Hut didn't sell actual wings, just the composite boneless ones.

This is true

If you like the texture of cartilage, sure

Have you been living under a rock for the last thirty-plus years? They're chicken wings, fried (or baked) until the skin is crisp, and then tossed in a mixture of cayenne hot sauce and butter, originally a specialty of Buffalo, New York.

Food for Slaves, and later Freedmen.

Things like chicken wings, and also ribs, were considered among the least desirable edible meats so the Whites gave them to the Blacks. That's why they are heavily associated with these foods.

Because America.

they probably had a wingstop inside of that pizzahut, regular pizzahut wings are small in my experience