Why do you refuse to own a deep fryer, Veeky Forums?

Why do you refuse to own a deep fryer, Veeky Forums?

Attached: 15092010-31681360-8712563-0-1499848495-1499848499-650-1-1499848499-650-16e61b8a2b-1500275569.jpg (650x431, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Helens-Asian-Kitchen-3-Inches-10-75-Inches/dp/B071WDDB92/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I cook naked and am scared of droplets of hot oil splattering over my scrotum.

I did own one for a while. I didn't use it nearly enough to be worth keeping. Since the oil would go rancid before I used it enough times to justify how much you need to put in the fryer. Plus, cleaning the fryer was an enormous pain in the ass.

i do, it's also called a dutch oven.

I have a stainless steel pot and one of those spider strainers. Literally all you need.

Shut the fuck up you smarmy faggot

Isn't that when you fart in bed and pull the covers over the other person's face? I can't imagine good french fries coming out of that.

This except I did use mine quite often but considering the oven could do everything I used it for easier and healthier, the disadvantages from using it greatly outweigh the advantages.

I have wanted to try making corn dogs recently though, I do miss it in times like these.

I'm not obese and frying stuff is disgusting

My dad had one when i was growing up. He used it several times per day. It would fill the house with the smell of rancid oil and cheap breaded frozen food because he didn't use it under any ventilation.

Just shallow fry 'em, or get a wok.

cant you just put oil in your pan and fry things that way?

i can put a pot of oil on a stove

Yes.
The only advantage an actual deep fryer has is you don't have to pay attention to the temperature. The deep-fryer has a thermometer and takes care of it for you.

i don't see a point owning something i would never use anyways

huh?

I've been tempted.

But the oil maintenance and mess potentential intimidates me.

Lots of reasons. The space it takes up. The fact it spreads oil into the air, that gets onto walls, cabinets and pretty much everything. The smell. The care required to regularly clean it.

Like honestly, it's just not worth it. Plus, even though fried foods taste nice, they're incredibly calorific and generally unhealthy.

It require too much space and lots and lots of oil.

I have one. I don't use it very often and actually forget about it a lot.

>He wants heart disease

I'd rather eat less fried food overall but have it deep-fried properly versus getting to eat more food but have it be oven-baked or air-fried or any of those shitty "low-fat" alternatives.
Similarly, I'd rather drink less "real" soda versus more diet, or eat more foods made with actual sugar and butter versus shitty substitutes.

I have a wok and a dutch oven, I really don't need a deep fryer if I want to fry something.

Attached: GFY.jpg (1200x800, 151K)

I don’t eat deep fried food. I have never been fat, I don’t ever intend to be fat, and The only thing that a deep frier can cook better than any other method is a bacon-wrapped hotdog. There’s a lot of different ways I would rather eat chicken or potatoes than deep fried.

Just air fry it

Attached: th[1].jpg (300x189, 13K)

How long does it take for oil to go rancid? What oil you guys use?

Not enough fat.

Depends on how often you filter it, and what conditions you store it in. If you let nasty burnt bits sit in it, it'll go bad faster. If you store it in the fridge, it'll last longer. If you store it in the freezer it'll last a REALLY long time.

>putting your deep fryer in the fridge.

Attached: blackbush.jpg (500x338, 55K)

I have shit metabolism and if I don't watch what I eat I quickly gain weight, if I would have a deep fryer I would get really fucking fat, really fucking quickly.

If I want fried food I can just go walk to a 24h convenience store and get some of the crap over there. I have no reason to fry something at home.

Problem, Tyrone? Plenty of room in my fridge.

I put my fryer in your moms fridge last night. Now she has to defrost the whole fridge because it was super hot.

>Now she has to defrost the whole fridge because it was super hot.
That's not how defrosting, refrigerators, heat, or chemistry work.

you'd be surprised

It would be pretty expensive to fill it with duck fat which is the best fat for making french fries.

Oops. I meant with goose fat.

I hope you're having fun with that alkie bitch. Remind her that she's under court order not to try to contact me or come anywhere near me or my house.

Because modern home deep fryers always break like fucking crazy if you try and use them regularly. Seriously I went through like 3 of them over two years after my old one broke. Planned obsolescence is fucking criminal.

>buying into the air fryer meme
It's just a shitty convection oven

Air "fryers" are a fucking joke.

You've dissuaded me from buying one.

I was on the fence.

cause it would make me more fat

Maybe stop buying the cheeapest shittiest one from wamart ya CLOD

I fear I might be abusing the shit out of it.
So i'd rather take deepfried food as a special occasion in only enjoy once in while.

i'd love to make shitty chinese food at home.

it's my favorite junk food, but all my local places charge so much for it.

but i'd be 300 pounds in no time

Attached: american chinese food.jpg (864x648, 115K)

I do own one though. It is called a, "wok" and a, "stockpot". I have baskets, but oddly they are not as easy to use as a Skimmer, because food doesn't cook at the same rate.

Use peanut oil, it doesn't splatter like other oils and is far easier to clean up. It is also tastier and smells better.

You can prevent oil from going rancid by preventing oxygen from getting to it during storage. You can reduce the amount of oxygen by using a storage container size that fits the amount of oil you need to store so there's as little an air pocket in the top as possible. I find it best to setup a huge fry up. I'll cook a week's worth of food then freeze it. That way I have a week worth of various fried foods I can pop in the toaster oven over the course of the next couple of months (pic). That way, I use up a great deal of oil at one time and only need to clean up once.

Use portion control when you eat.

Turn on your vent hood fan, don't use stinky oils/fats, and use a candy thermometer so you don't get the oil too hot, until you've learned better.

If you have a candy thermometer and a pot you can deep fry.

Attached: DSCN2014a.jpg (3072x2292, 1.99M)

>'chinese' food

Because fried food is for fat pieces of shit.

maybe a deep fryer is something that should be used in a dorm or shared with alot of people,its a huge waste to use one if you like alone

I already own multiple pots

I would gain so much fucking weight
Maybe when I gain more self control

>deep fryer in a dorm
God, just imagine the rancid mess.

Weight gain and the stink that deep fryers seem to impart.

>food made by Chinese people based on resources they had available in that region and culture around them.
>not Chinese food
I mean I would call it American style Chinese food but it's Chinese food none the less.

and the weekly oil fires

I'd never use it. Shallow frying in a pan is the way to go. I think deep fat frying only ever became a thing for convenience in a production kitchen since you don't have to fuss with what's in the fryer nearly as much as something in a pan.

Honestly the three things you might want a deep fryer for are french fries, fried chicken, and fried fish.

This. That is, if I ever deep fry anything at all.

thanks for the tips
what's that thing over your wok, the attachment to put your fried food over as they dry and drip oil back into the wok?

Also, having a deep fryer in the kitchen opens up a world of garnishes. You can fry so many things into excellence without them taking stage for a dish.

Discovered last week fried capers, after about 4 minutes @300F they bloom and get really pretty.

I dont feel like wasting 30$ worth of oil

this

There would be a mess anyways, only instead of smelling only semen,you would smell oil and semen

This is why you save the oil for frying again LATER.

I'm unhealthy enough as it is.

The whole thing about a deep fryer is that you don't have to worry about oil fires because there is no exposed flame to start a fire.

I always grew up with a deep fryer at home and we used it quite a bit. I would like to have one, but don't really have the kitchen space and I don't know how often I would use it. When I am craving fried food, I just put oil in a pot. Not as convenient, but whatever.

Reminder "french fries" originated from Belgium, then the French stole it.

Here in Belgium, it's weird not to have one.

Attached: 1521772166075.jpg (600x465, 58K)

just looking at that picture is causing my veins to seize up

I got an air fryer thing, it actually works pretty well so I don't bother deep frying stuff anymore
>lolol meme appliance
Fite me

You mean the rack-like attachment on the wok?

Filter it, put it in a glass jar, pop in fridge to save for later.

The best part is that it gets more flavorful the more you use it.

Eventually, you can use it to make a kitchen sink aioli or mayo.

Also, no matter how hard you clean it, short of using a sand blaster, the oil builds up and bakes on.

I only use a steel wok any more for deep frying.

Wait, you are suposed to filter it? What happens if you use it when rancid and overused?

Just an off taste probably.
Nothing dangerous survives in 200°C hot oil

I have one. Its a legit restaurant deep fryer that I keep in my smoke house.

Having nasty food bits in your oil makes it go bad faster. Skimming it is good, filtering it is even better if you care to spring for one, but for the casual user it's a little much.
If you use bad oil it's going to smoke at a lower temperature and it'll make your food taste funny.

user I think we have the same exact shitty counter tops from the 1960's.
Also thanks for the advice. I have a wok and was looking at buying a deep fryer, you saved me at least $80

>food made by Mexican people
Let's be real here.

Because i'm a poorfag and it's not really worth it if i only cook deep fried shit once a month.

"Drip Rack"

amazon.com/Helens-Asian-Kitchen-3-Inches-10-75-Inches/dp/B071WDDB92/

Portion control.

I think that house was built in the 1970s, but close enough.

aka "Tempura Rack"

Because I know that my overall physical health will plummet soon after obtaining one somehow

inferior means of baking fries

All the places near me are owned and operated by Asians employing Asians, even if they aren't Chinese. And we get more spics than Asians around here.

I just use my wok

Nigga I'm broke.

Because I don't want to end up only being able to clean my body with a sponge on a stick.