Do you like Japanese dishes?

Attached: 5wIyULD.jpg (1424x2144, 199K)

kys weeab

no
and their food sucks too
inb4 triggered fedora weebs

Attached: yfwJe2a.jpg (5568x3712, 654K)

Attached: 1522149161229.jpg (644x432, 35K)

Attached: 20160411050528.jpg (1024x768, 564K)

Yes. Japanese cuisine is really good. The best part is the presentation and its attention to detail.

Only when made by my mommy
>grew up eating katsu and oyakodon
>homemade okonomiyaki on Saturdays
>miso ramen every once in awhile
I miss it

one hundred dorra prus tip, filthy gaijin piggu

some of it is good some of it is shit.
anything with simple fresh ingredients is good
most broth based soups are also boss
but that's any cuisine

In my recent visit to Japan I got to try plenty of Japanese food. I was a little dissapointed with some dishes. Overall many Japanese dishes seem to have a strong focus on presentation over flavour. I've had plenty of meals where I found the flavour to be rather bland.

That said, i've eaten plenty of pretty good Japanese dishes. I was somewhat suprised to find that sushi was not that popular over in Japan. However the sushi I did eat was remarkably better than any sushi i've had before. Which is likely the result of using fresh fish and good rice.

I've also tried a share of ramen and curry. Which were always a hit or miss. Stuff like Melonbread was similar to things like cinamon bread and such.

Overall I like Japanese dishes, but I feel like their simpler dishes are better than their complex ones.

>triggered fedora weebs
upboated :^)

>Chinese
>ok tier
Into the gas chamber with you

>he likes to eat shit because they used gutter oil to make fry his shit chinese food

Attached: 1510818648556.png (657x539, 110K)

Yes, quite a bit, and only contrarians will hate on sushi and/or ramen.

This nip place close to make makes amazing takoyaki, I love how the bonito flakes dance around when they bring it to your table.

me, not make

Sushi is ok. Kobe steak is obvi their best to offer. Japanese cuisine is usually ridiculously sweet and sugary like horribly drenched in some kind of syrup or heaps of sugar. Korean is probably the best asian cuisine desu

>Korean
Awwwwww

Japanese cuisine is horribly overrated, but weebs will defend it because they will defend anything about their little Asian utopia.
Some of the dishes can taste good, like ramen, but they all utilise the same two spices (miso and soy) and get bland and boring really fast. Chinese and Indian cuisines are much more diverse, versatile and flavorful.
Only thing the Nips have going for them is their candy game and their softdrink game, I don't think any other country in the world has this many variants of candy and sugary drinks.

huh?

Japanese food seems to favour convenience over anything else, and I enjoy to take time and use expertise when making meals.

All the shit that made it western from nippon is vastly overrated, Ramen is nothing special.

yes, I wish there were more authentic japanese restaurant in my godforsaken city

>dutch
>shit tier
dutch food isn't even a thing, it doesn't even deserve to be on this shitty list

Yes, i love many Japanese dishes

Attached: 20180101_153204-2016x1512.jpg (2016x1512, 567K)

I now declare this a "food pics from Japan" thread.

The best East Asian food is Vietnamese. From a culinary standpoint, I think French colonization is the best thing that could have happened to that country; although I assume they probably don't agree with me.

Just had a place open in my town and checked the menu. I used to have an asian roomy who'd always get unagi don but I was always grossed out by eel. Now I'm curious. Is it any good?

Attached: 1200px-Tokyo_Chikuyotei_Unadon01s2100.jpg (1200x800, 251K)

I love unagi. I rarely eat it because it's so goddamn expensive. That portion in your picture was probably $20-$30.

How fishy is it? And is there anything comparable to it texture wise? I wanna try it but not if I'm gonna hate it.

A Ramen place opened up in a mall nearby me
The Ramen is okay, they don't have a lot of stuff right now, but they make banging takoyaki
Inspired me to make some ramen myself tonight
Pic related is my own ramen
I call it "Beef Stew" Ramen

Attached: 20180327_210547-2351x1876.jpg (2351x1876, 500K)

Attached: IMG-20170224-WA0014.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Not much fishy, more sweety than anything. At least from my experience i really like it.

>hong kong
>a literal fucking cantonese city
>having its own cuisine

0/10, this chart only shows how little about cuisine you know

seconding this

Nice, I'll definitely give it a try then, thanks.

It's like slightly softer fish. Not mushy, but softer in a pleasant way. I don't know if I have a mild allergy or something, or if this is just the way the meat is, but when I'm eating it, I get a weird prickly feeling on my tongue and throat, like the meat has a bunch of tiny bones in it.

Yes but not just weeb meme foods. Japanese homestyle cooking is pretty good and uses seafood/mushrooms a fair amount more than other complex styles of cooking. It is really comfy stuff. Pic related. I also really like chawanmushi and I like konbu based broths.

Attached: photo_Oyakodon.jpg (600x550, 136K)

what's this?
jute fiber on gelatinous gravy?

looks like pork floss to me

you know nothing about japanese food.

How is okonomiyaki? I always thought it looked tasty af, and I really want to try it.

I cook a lot of japanese stuff at home and people here make fun of me ;__;

why are they making fun of you?

Some of the most popular modern Japanese foods, ramen and curry are bastardized ripoffs of Chinese noodles and Indian Curries.

How about you tell me how Japanese food is supposed to be not overrated then? All it has is its focus on "fresh seasonal ingredients" since the methods and spices are so fucking basic.

>Cut fish into slices
>optionally put it on rice
>call it a dish

weeb

>All japanese food is either sushi or copies of other foods
I'd advise you try some japanese bowls like katsudon and oyakodon, they have great street food too like okonomiyaki and takoyaki and this are still pretty mainstream I wonder how is it you don't know about them

I do not hold Japanese cuisine as high-end cuisine precisely because I have tasted a lot of international dishes, Japanese included.

The problem I have with Jap cuisine is exactly reflected in the dishes you listed. They are not bad dishes, but after eating them a few times I start to realize how bland they are and their only appeal relies on texture and freshness - which any other cuisines are capable of.

huh?

huh?

it's overrated by people who similarly know nothing about it other than what they can get at their local hibachi restaurant.

Yes

Attached: 20170922_192749-1.jpg (2720x1838, 978K)

japanese food is always overrated. I still don't know why they fucking love making shit way too sweet and vinegary.
this is wrong.
God tier:
>German, Argentinian, Western Chinese(western china, not chinese immigrants in the west), French (esp cuisine a l'ancienne), Southern USA, Italian,
Great tier:
>Scandinavian, Polish, Korean, eastern China (esp cantonese), British, Mexican
Ok tier:
>Japanese, Russian, Caribbean, Latin America (except Brazil), Middle Eastern, Korean
Shit/you should do better tier:
>USA(esp midwest), North Africa, Canada
Poverty tier:
>India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sub saharan africa, Pacific islands
UMA DELICIA tier:
>Brazil(esp sopa de sushi/macaco, salpicao, and papa de maizena)

Sometimes and it depends on the restaurant. I don't like sushi, but some other Jap stuff like unagi is spot on excellent when done right.

You're pretty twisted.

>That portion in your picture was probably $20-$30.

I used to get that portion at the local Marukai for $10. Good stuff

Cantonese is southern China

>Russia
>Ok
No, it's not ok

>they all utilise the same two spices (miso and soy)

Attached: 1517205129172.png (544x572, 224K)

Yeah but there's like 5 or 7 different kinds of miso and soy has a very varieties too that's like saying Koreans use kimchi for every dish when there is about 500 different types that have different flavors and textures

I just meant you don't even know Tonkotsu

I don't care if you complain that there are basically “only 3 types”
but at least it's roughly divided into 3 types

Attached: 1511936541120.jpg (351x351, 22K)

Generally okay for savory dishes

Plain and fairly healthy to a fault; avoid Japanese food if you love some heat and intense flavors.

Given the option I would prefer Korean, Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese over Japanese.

>miso and soy
If you're going to meme, at least meme correctly. Dashi, mirin, soy sauce, and sake.

U RIKE GAIJIN?

No

Attached: IMG_2157[1].jpg (3264x2448, 2.32M)

what?

Attached: 1521514687410.jpg (1600x1200, 163K)

Attached: 905696__safe_rainbow+dash_bait_low+quality+bait_meme_needs+more+jpeg_reaction+image_this+is+bait.jpg (546x546, 4K)

Attached: 1474667491785.jpg (496x478, 46K)

Attached: 1521224786125.jpg (3264x2448, 1.81M)

Attached: 61im7TQevNL.jpg (500x500, 103K)

Yakiniku is delicious.

Attached: thpnq08ygql01.jpg (4160x3120, 732K)

>ramen/udon place down my street
>haven't gone since I don't wanna eat alone
F

Attached: image.jpg (610x430, 51K)

i'll bet but those are some tiny portions

You cook a bite or two at a time, dum dum.

Attached: Bukkake Udon.jpg (3861x2574, 2.58M)

we've got a poo in loo posting on Veeky Forums boys

get the rope

fpbp

huh?

Attached: DZC02ajU0AAUQq1.jpg (768x1024, 105K)

first post best post, newfag redditor

>mexico
>turkey
>greece
oh am I laffin

Akafuku mochi.

Attached: RAP3cuO.jpg (5568x3712, 814K)

>mochi

Attached: 1503662945157.jpg (291x343, 8K)

I'm going to make veggie tempura tonight, what veggies should I use?

huh?

kakiage or just straight veggies?
You can pretty much do anything so long as you cut it thin enough. Eggplant, asparagus, sweet potato, broccoli, carrot, green beans..

Attached: 5b1ubsx.jpg (575x1024, 91K)

Just veggies, maybe shrimp. My diet has been half ass vegetarian for half a year now. Actually I'm pretty consistent but I do usually eat some kind of meat every 10-15 days.

>sweden placement
DELET!!!

Attached: P1160003[1].jpg (1600x1200, 453K)

I find this to be disgusting.
Just remember how the japs treated their POWs during WW II, there's nothing beautiful or honorable about them.

>muh pearl harbor

get rekt boomer

Had a seafood pancake of some sort from a food truck that I just loved.

There's nothing honourable about letting yourself be captured.

swedish food is garbage

t. a swede

>faillng for the bait
go back to l3ddit newfag

>says japanese is overly sweet
>proceeds to say korean is better
bitch

na, they do fish well, but overall French is so much better.

Why is that soba so dark? Real one has more lighter color.

Attached: cb_tokyo_sarashinahoriisoba_fk_final2.jpg (800x600, 120K)