Your top 3 books of all time, simple as that

Your top 3 books of all time, simple as that...
>pic related
>Either/Or
>The Wealth of Nations

>The Stranger
>The Idiot
>Siddhartha

the unconsoled
skylark
war & war

Stoner
Blood Meridian
Green Mile

Barbarians: How Baby Boomers, Immigrants, and Islam Screwed My Generation
If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans
Art of the Deal

Since you've read Wealth of Nations and apparently no one on this board has because """it's not relevant""", could you contribute to this thread
? Also, since it's in your top 3, would you be interested in joining a reading group thread of it?

The Art of the Deal
The Art of the Deal
The Art of the Comeback

I've read it and it's not relevant because 99% of it is self-evident if you've taken micro/macro in college. It's also dry as fuck so I can't imagine why you would want to read it as a piece of literature.

but arguably it's relevant for those who didn't take economics classes

it is dry however surely a good introduction for a layman who wants to learn Smith's basic theses if they're willing to put up with it

>The Art of Bankruptcy

Yeah that's why there was a comeback

It isn't dry. I bet you're both Americans who can't read a book unless it's about a CIA agent action hero who can take down the Taliban with a kitchen knife

>not ending with The Strange Idiot
You fucked up

>ulysses
>moby dick
>the devil to pay in the backlands

>Abaddón el exterminador
>Gilgamesh
>King Lear

Infinite Jest
The Recogntions
JR

I'm not amazingly well-read though so this could change over the next year or 2 as I catch up on Russians, Faulkner, Pynchon, Joyce, etc etc

Dream of the Red Chamber
Ulysses
The Divine Comedy

My diary desu
My diary desu
My diary desu

Dune
Starship Troopers
The Alchemist

Who the fuck chooses the wealth of nations as their favourite book lmfao

It's good. I'd choose it

Brothers Karamazov
Moby Dick
Madame Bovary

Blood Meridian
The Silmarillion
idk Sound and the Fury I guess

Nothing like getting wise to modernist degredation in the art that meant so much to you and realizing that right-wingers weren't just pompous moralizers but all of your old favorites really were symptoms of calamatous social decay

only good post in this thread

I've been meaning to read Dream of the Red Chamber. How quickly did you get through it? Also which translation, if you don't mind

>Starship Troopers
>The Silmarillion
dear god