HOW TO READ 100 BOOKS IN A YEAR (AND STILL HAVE A LIFE)

HOW TO READ 100 BOOKS IN A YEAR (AND STILL HAVE A LIFE)

forrestbrazeal.com/2017/12/03/how-to-read-100-books-in-a-year-and-still-have-a-life/

>tfw you have neither a life or a hundred books read a year

How is this any different from the "I managed to increase my reading, remember you're reading more than the average person" pasta
Speaking of which does anyone have it I haven't seen it posted here in ages

inb4 skim them to give the impression of big brain without having actually engaged the prose or intricacies of story

MORE EQUALS BETTER

>that guy who speed-reads Heidegger

why would I want to have a life

just leave me alon

I want that qt poo with the bobcut to smack my balls
I want that fit slag with the tats to stomp on my balls

go back to your respective boards, vulgar pseauds

>reddit spacing

That article is so shit I cringed

who are you quoting with those meme arrows?

>cringed

>arrows
>only one

pretty sure you used 3 retard
this is your final (You), go bother somebody else

>counting retroactively

I think you'll find its 4 actually

this

There's nothing wrong with speedskimming, your brain will catch the important parts.

>If I can get through fifty pages or so per evening, even a hefty book goes by quickly.

0_0

That's like 3 hours if you read carefully.

If you look at the garbage he was reading its more than managable

>100 books
I feel like you could cheese that with novellas. 15,000 pages in total is better

Read 2 hours a day

Thanks Rocco

>15,000 pages
That's like 300 hours of reading
This article is bullshit there aren't even that many hours in a year

i feel a lot of these reading challenge ppl are skim reading stephen king novels

If I read the very hungry caterpillar 200 times does that make me a super scholar?

I feel like a lot of people on Veeky Forums call themselves readers and read less than an hour a day.

Mostly non-academic 'non-fiction', ie essentially a buzzfeed article on paper

Don't even have to do that, sempai. I'm staying with a friend's couch and working a new job and supporting my parents and going to visit them on the weekends and I thought I'd hardly have time to read now. But I read on my ten-minute train ride, at lunch, sometimes I snag a few longer sittings in the evenings, and whenever I'm lucky enough to have extended periods in a calm spot. I've plowed through a ton of books.

I thought they read multiple hours a day, but only Veeky Forums posts

Meme's trancend language. 15 minutes of meme's == 1 hour of reading.

i've read close to 200 books this year. i have an active social life and a job that enables me to read all day

oh my god I've already spent multiple lifetimes on memes

do these two know they are a meme

>non-academic
>non-fiction
that sounds like a nightmare

do you remember what you read

This but not even ironically. I learned more about books through memes than from my actual English degree

what job?

depends. if it's philosophy i find compelling, yes. if it's something i don't like or don't find compelling, i normally don't try to remember much more than the basic outline of the material/plot. for fiction, i typically remember the atmosphere/aesthetic more than the plot or themes. honestly, it depends what it was and how good i thought it was

do you feel like it has made you a better person?

that's why i read

That's not a big deal for me - my goodreads challenge was 108 books and I'm already at 105, I will try to make it 110.

That would be so ebic!

no, you read because you feel like it makes you a better person, and since it's enjoyable you don't have to actually do much to get that dopamine kick
unless you genuinely believe yourself to be an awful person and are trying to improve, but that doesn't happen ever

if by experiencing some human condition the author is trying to convey and having that memory which might help me decide things in the future, i do think it makes me a better person

>Pick up a book
>Scan your eyes from Left to Right, stringing together letters which form words which form sentences which form paragraphs which form pages which form chapters which form a book
>Repeat until there are no more pages left to read
>Pick up another book and do it again.
>Do it 100 times and you've read 100 books.

HOLY...I want more.