I need good sailing novels Veeky Forums still can't afford my boat and stuck on land. I need some adventure...

I need good sailing novels Veeky Forums still can't afford my boat and stuck on land. I need some adventure, not military, more in the nature of dirk Pitt but less cheesy. Doesn't have to be modern. Pic related, me.

lol if you haven't read moby dick and it didn't pop immediately, you shouldn't be here

The Life of Pi

A bit dry, but this was surprisingly interesting.

This looks good. Yes working my way through moby dick but such hard going I can't just spend hours reading it... Thanks

non è tradotto in inglese :'(

Joseph Conrad is your guy. Lord Jim and The Nigger of the Narcissus are good.

Read Two Years Before the Mast. Not a novel, but reads like one. What youre looking for-

Essential castaway-core

Omeros is good

The Riddle of the Sands

Kon tiki

Oh make sure you get the one with the movie cover it has pictures from the voyage

read everything by Joseph Conrad and Herman Melville right now

Horatio Hornblower, my man.

Read some Göran Schildt on his voyages on Daphne. At least In the Wake of Ulysses has been translated. They are memoirs, but timeless classics nonetheless.

Are there sailing scenes in this?

There's two scenes: one that takes place on a boat sailing to Africa where the passengers start plotting to kill Bardamu because of the heat and another that is basically Heart of Darkness. Both are top-tier jungle-core.

Really though, if you want a comfy sailing book, read The Log from the Sea of Cortez.

I take it back, there's even a third one where Bardamu and Robinson crash an aristo-party on an anchored boat and self-abnegating hijinks ensue.

Legimately one of the best sea-faring novellas.

I should read Lord Jim soon.

>/pol/tards irl

Stop it with the tourretes