Hey /ck i'm a cook, and fucking hate people with allergies what allergies does /ck have?

hey /ck i'm a cook, and fucking hate people with allergies what allergies does /ck have?

Attached: common-allergens.jpg (585x397, 143K)

None

Attached: 1522089106923.png (500x341, 321K)

None because I wasn't raised on eggos by helicopter parents

None

Attached: 1521088805791.png (541x463, 35K)

>USA
>325.7 million population
>13 million estimated to have a food allergy
>3.99% of the population of the USA has a food allergy.

Evidently, I'm allergic to pesticides and sprays used on/in some types of vegetables bought from the grocery store. Like if my lips touch the outside of an orange or apple they start to itch and swell. Raw broccoli will make pimples break out around my mouth. Raw carrots will cause my entire mouth, ears, and throat to swell and itch like mad.

I ended up growing my own food and none of that stuff happens. Being able to eat anything I want, like raw carrots, it truly amazing. Though, there's a psychological aspect when eating carrots. The swelling was so bad, when eating the store carrots, that when I eat my own homegrown carrots I have the distinct impression I'm about to swell up. Nothing happens, but those first 5 minutes are still a bit nerve wracking, because the reaction to whatever is in the store carrots was near life threatening. It should be noted that cooked store carrots and broccoli doesn't affect me at all either. So, what ever is on/in them is destroyed by heat.

None feelsgreatman

Attached: cool.jpg (500x353, 27K)

allergies are for snowflake-americans

Sulpha and gluten, celiac

P darn good cook though so it isnt hard. Only thing that sucks is if you have company over for a week and they make a mess eating you'll probably get cross contaminated

I miss buns that don't fall apart though. Also fast food

Attached: psygangnamstylemv1.jpg (704x396, 35K)

Sulphates
(not sulphites)

It's used as a preservative in certain foods.
if I eat
>red wine
>cured meats
>cheap brands of juice
>cheap premixed alcohol
I will get horrible stomach cramps. It's not severe, might even call it an intolerance. Various packaged foods also contain sulphates which I always discover within 5 minutes, but I can usually just go vomit and avoid any other discomfort.

Also penicillin, cats, and dust.

I can't drink milk so I can't have yogurt or ice cream either. I'm good with cheese 99% of the time though. It hasn't really changed my life at all.

I had a bad reaction to sulfa drugs but non food wise.

I’ve worked in kitchens for years and I only ever feel pity for the allergically disabled. I feel you op, I want to hate them too. I don’t like how it feels when some smug cunt walks into your job and changes all the rules for just one stupid fucking order, but that’s all the job is anyways with every order. At least these chuckle fucks have a reason other than “I’m a smug cunt how is either too picky or too “conscientious” to eat the same food as everyone else”.

Probably raw honeydew melon and similar melons. I still them eat them though. It's just a little itch in the throat.

G6pd allergy

Means that everytime I eat mexican food it becomes a gamble.

Holy shit you are me except the broccoli, but still. Thank you for this

im lactose intolerant, its fucking annoying

Tree nut allergy. I die more or less if i eat one. EpiPen gives me about 5-10 mins of breathing.

Not an asshole about it , I don't order desserts and never order anything where I have to specify alterations. If I have to think about it twice I don't order it period (was a cook for 2 years, fuck people who would put their lives in the hands of a minimum wage cook).

I think people who broadcast/revolve there lives around there allergy's are garbage people and hate them . I have lived in nut heavy country's Japan/Vietnam and ate my fill no problems , you just have to be smart on what/where you eat .

Attached: flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg (800x800, 39K)

I'm allergic to fake allergies
>At sandwich shop the other day
>lady asks for a lettuce wrap for a sandwich because she has celiacs disease
>shop no longer has lettuce wraps
>"Oh I'll just have it on wheat bread instead"

Attached: further beyond pepe.jpg (794x794, 60K)

dude pistachios are next level you are missing out

God making me:
>hm I think I’ll make her favorite food shrimp
>haha and you know what I’ll throw in a shellfish allergy too lol

>Btw I'm a girl
Fuck off whore

you need to go back

Just some nuts and fruits. But it's not bad, I just get a scratchy throat and lips and even in my ears. But I eat small amounts anyways so my body gets used to it.

Hope the info helps. Also, for apples, I just wash the skins with soap and a plastic pot scrubber then rinse really well. That prevents any reaction, if I want to eat it with the skin. The apples from my orchard don't need that sort of treatment and don't affect me in any way.

The broccoli thing came after a lot of raw broccoli eating over the course of a few days. It doesn't happen instantly.

I have no allergies, unless you wish to include antiquated definitions for alcoholism, in which, I possess an allergy to booze.

None, I've got a Chad immune system.

Attached: 1436800673271.jpg (600x519, 16K)

cant be that good of a cook if you cant cant find a way to substitute ingredients

I'm allergic to taro root. I get extremely itchy lips, tongue, and throat. I puke it up after a while then I'm better.

>prepare a meal for 97% of the world
>3% of the world refuses to eat on the grounds that the food will make them sick
>instead of making their own food they expect you to cater to their every whims when everyone else has 0 problem with that
Nah go cook for yourself and quit expecting someone who doesnt give a shit about you to care about you

man you'd hate my gf, she's allergic to paprika and chili

>at a restaurant
>make a salad
>some 1 says no croutons im celiac
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT THE FUCK

I have a pineapple allergy, I think, always feel really shitty after eating it and it hurts my mouth to eat, always leaves rashes on my throat aswell.

This might sound fake, but my girlfriend has a beef allergy, I didn't believe her at first and I secretly started adding beef into food.
Even stuff like frying fries in oil that has been used to fry burgers before is enough to make her puke for 3 whole days or some shit.

> making pizzas
> ten minutes to close
> customer orders pizza with a tomato allergy
> fuck let's go wash everything that ever touched a tomato then run for fresh ingredients in the walk in and hope whoever prepped them didn't cross contaminate anything
> order voided shortly after receiving

I am allergic to glutinous potatoes and vegetables. I have the glutebeetus.

Hey thanks for cleaning it all thats thoughtful though

>be me
>picky eater growing up
>only food I've ever consistently eat was carrots
>come home from school as a child and pick them out of vegetable crisper
>eat the entire carrot, stem included
>develop allergy to all root vegetables in my teenage years
Kill me.

None, I just say I'm allergic to salt to piss off the cooks, I just add salt at the table.

Who the fuck is allergic to celery or mustard

Food allergies are for the weak

Attached: 1509076904091.jpg (412x352, 25K)

Only dust and pollen my friend

I'm allergic to pomegranates but only fags put that in anything so it's never been an issue

it's not thoughtful it's required out of us because you happen to be the special snowflake that requires an extra step to finish your damn food.

>used to work at a Panera Bread
>every day multiple times a day people come through the drive thru and tell us they're allergic to something
>manager has us clean cutting boards, wash hands, change gloves regardless of how busy you are
>usually find out their allergy is to gluten or dairy

Attached: a.jpg (480x480, 32K)

None and even if I did I'd eat that shit anyway.

Attached: DUw2yTHVQAAiyRX.jpg (738x752, 83K)

Quit being a little bitch holy fuck

peanuts

Not food thankfully but I'm severely allergic to dustmites.

imagine being this assblasted about cleaning a grill

I’m allergic to cats and dogs so I can’t have Chinese food

technically pepperoni.

shit fucks my stomach up fierce.

still eat it anyway its too good

peanuts
Everyone always ask me how I live without it. I don't get it. Even the smell of peanut butter makes me nauseous. For whatever reason Chik Fil A is fine, but does give me indigestion. Otherwise, I carry an epi-pen

quick reminder it's not a real allergy if you aren't vomiting for the next 4 hours or it doesn't close your esophagus and air hole so you have trouble breathing

If we practiced eugenics there wouldn't be people who are allergic to food to worry about.

I was allergic to shell fish as a kid so my mom would feed them to me constantly until it went away. Muscles are my fav meat now.

>you're not REALLY allergic unless you're an infirm genetic disaster like me hahaha

Attached: youbestbejokingnigger.png (152x219, 54K)

None because I'm not some weak faggot
There has to be some cause for all these soyish allergies

Mountain cedar. Fuck mountain cedar
>live in Northern Wisconsin all my life
>0 allergies up there
>move to Texas for work
>horrible congestion for an entire month in late winter/early spring

Peanuts + tree nuts.

Been allergic since I was 4 at least. Have to carry around Epipens and worry about some idiot killing me all the time. Had a fun time at Jason's Deli once when someone cut my sandwich with the same knife they had just cut a PB&J with. I noticed jelly on the edge of my bread, which probably saved my life or at least a fun trip to the hospital.

The refining process of fryer-grade peanut oil removes the proteins that trigger allergic reactions, making Chik Fil A safe. I still avoid it though; too paranoid that it'll somehow cause a reaction from a fuckup at the oil factory.

Many people have a sensitivity to certain foods and they call it an allergy, which it really isn’t.

i get hives, vomit, my mouth swells up, and my throat closes

is that a sensitivity

That usually means you are allergic to ragweed and bananas too...

Eggs. And I'm a patissier (or whatever you call it)

huh?

user I think your mom was trying to kill you

>muscles
>muscles
>muscles
>muscles

LELMAO

My body only has an aversion to dairy products, but I can take pills for that. I love me some cheese...but I'm so used to not cooking or eating with dairy that it doesn't even bother me anymore.

Attached: Owls aint shit.jpg (438x400, 24K)

>cheese makes me shit my insides out but milk is fine

Attached: 1494664259946.jpg (665x574, 39K)

luckily almost none. especially food related allergies.

it eans you are a bitch

Same here but also with vegetables and leafy greens included. Only an issue when they're raw though. I can eat pretty much anything that's been cooked although tree nuts still irritate me in some baked goods.

>love eating roasted jalapenos, bowls of salsa, and various peppers in general
>develope random allergy to capsaicin

Attached: 123951_55.jpg (720x960, 76K)

None, because im not some disposable special snowflake that even natural selection wants to get rid off.

allergic to allergies. i have none. kiwi makes my mouth slightly itchy. hell, i dont mind raw wool on my skin, and niacin flush feels good.

Y-you can do that?

Dust mites.
Imagine being constantly reminded every second you're indoors that you're breathing in hundreds of tiny bugs with every breath.

Attached: 1429403795943.jpg (900x1200, 208K)

this is no joke but sometimes allergic reactions don't even happen the first time you eat or come into contact with your potential allergen. Your body can just betray you like that.

Milk makes me gassy and nauseous, but it's also a great laxative :3

None.

But canned soup, especially cream of mushroom/celery/etc) irritates my bladder. I'll be peeing non-stop, trying to get the irritants out.

I think it's called "interstitial cystitis", but I've nevet been officially diagnosed.

Milk allergy is a code word for not white

If I eat even a small nibble of something that was in the same box as any type of nut I go into anaphylatic shock, throat swells and cant really breathe, but as long as i'm not a moron and eat a whole bite of anything that could be suspect I'm not going not going to die or need to take my pussy epipen shot.

Fucking sucks, I hate allergy fags, I refuse to tell coworkers or anyone but really close friends about my allergy, I just avoid being a retard when I eat out. I fuck up maybe once every couple years, but its always my own fault, restaurants are pretty chill about listing nuts on menus. If I order a salad that doesn't state it has nuts anywhere on the menu I get sad when it comes, but I'll never send it back or make a stink.

>That feel when I'm too afraid to travel to south east asia for sexual tourism because of nut allergy

Attached: 1495591170486.png (655x509, 42K)

crustaceans you motherfucker, and you don't need to hate me for it, I'm already salty enough about not being able to eat the god-food that is shrimp

Attached: 2018-03-28-09-56-04-405929343.jpg (184x273, 12K)

I'm white and 80% Irish with lactose intolerance. AMA.

none
No allergies, never gotten sick from food, haven't even puked since like 3rd grade, got my sea legs and never get dizzy on boats, never gotten motion sickness, never get nauseous, etc etc

Attached: 1522108609441.jpg (664x621, 128K)

>irish

So like he said.

Filthy fucking Celts still think they're white.

Cat dander, and I swear they know it.
Also, genuine celiac here, though ackkkchyually that's not an allergy.

>faggot allergic to sugar comes over for dinner

Guess you're not getting any dessert then, you little shit.

Attached: 845645748.jpg (500x495, 63K)

I'm 6'2, hardly a genetic disaster

>Proud king manlet

none because i got to suck on my mother's titty like a true chad

>giving someone (you)s just for being a girl
you're doing what she wants, retards
kys

I think I have minor allergies to pineapple, kiwi, and avacado. My mouth feels tingly and numb after eating them and I feel short of breath afterwards.
I still eat them because they're delicious though.

>>faggot allergic to sugar
That's not a thing my dude

> itt: soy boys talk about their cucked genes

I dunno but I can't drink milk without getting explosive diarrhea

>t. Ching Chong

None. But apparently i was allergic to citrus fruits as a kid. Or maybe my mother was an idiot.

corn
shellfish
that's it for food but it is a pain in the ass when I can't eat popcorn anymore and I love seafood

My non food allergies:
Cigarettes (Even 3rd hand smoke where it's in furniture will send me to the hospital)
Tree pollen (Also will send me to the hospital)

I get very anxious going outside even with allergy pills.

oh also dustmites and cockroaches but dust just makes me sneeze and get an itchy throat

The only "allergy" I have is a reaction to Red 40 with allergy-like symptoms. I don't eat shitty processed poor people food though, so it's not an issue.

Attached: 1521521321554.png (451x450, 119K)