I wonder what their love life is like

I wonder what their love life is like

"babe I have a neurobiological reaction in my brain that entails increased blood flow and physical stimulation in my genitals"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vzT0jHJdq7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=zi7Va_4ekko
youtube.com/watch?v=JP1nmExfgpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't Hume once famously remark that he had to avoid thinking about his own philosophy so he could go about his daily business? They probably do that.

Analytics are p-zombies incapable of subjective states, so it is "like" nothing

>"I love you, Paul"
>Listen Patricia, I hate to break it to you, but what people calls "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Patricia, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Break the cycle, Patricia. Rise above. Focus on science.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A PICKLE, PATRICIA. I'm pickle PAUULLLL

youtube.com/watch?v=vzT0jHJdq7Q

holy shit, dualists, magicians, spiritualists, religionists, spook-herders, witches, communists, irrationalists, special-pleaders, Godsters, jokers and hucksters irrevocably, unequivocally, permanently BTFO.

Science always wins, baby.

I have met Paul Churchland and this is a pretty accurate representation of his mannerisms.

>the almost universal opinion that one's own religious convictions are the reasoned outcome of a dispassionate evaluation

who has every claimed this?

backstory?

Paul Churchland: fighting strawmen since 1966

>tfw listened to John Searle's philosophy of mind lectures and he kept breaking out laughing while trying to talk about the Churchlands and Eliminative Materialism

>tfw he didn't even do this when talking about panpsychism

I stopped watching when she pronounced "project." Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with her?

they are p-zombies

It's called being Canadian.

It's implied if you ever look at your faith or lack thereof, in an intellectual and introspective manner. Most people believe that they have.

Every dialect except most American ones, do so. It's more phonetic than "Prr-AAH-jict".

what if the next big particle accelerator discovers that all physical phenomena are just Brahma's dream

That's funny because the overwhelming majority of analytical philosophers aren't eliminativist.
Yeah, because eliminativism should be interpreted as a sign of mental illness.

faith is by definition passionate

t brainlet.

it's ok, we'll harvest your organs, so you will be put to some use.

It still isn't an argument against any particular faith or any particular belief at all. You could put most social convention up to the same microscope and find the same thing.

yeah well according to him convictions aren't things that actually exist so where are we now?

why are eliminativsts so fat

kek

because once you realize that all mental states, including feelings of guilt or being judged, are illusions, there's no reason you shouldn't do exactly what you want, and these guys obviously want to eat cheeseburgers

God I hate how folks like these always turn it around at the last second and say something sp00ktacular. Like that Susan Blackstone or whatever her name is. "We have no free will, but we can still CHOOSE to be kind-" kill thy self. Or pic related. As if anything is important under his beliefs.

got a link to where he talks about them?

youtube.com/watch?v=zi7Va_4ekko
this video respectively the following video i assume?

It's a bit later in the course but it's in the same series

they try to "ease the pain" because obviously literally everyone that disagrees with them has been duped by spiritual charlatans of something like that

Why is everyone jumping on this bandwagon now? Certain eastern contemplative traditions have been saying this stuff for centuries.

>eastern """philosophy"""
>they just state vague platitudes with no support

Yet for centuries have teaching what these scientists are just now starting to talk about.

first of all those are philosophers not scientists
second of all they are bad philosophers
third of all, not really, no

philosophy moves from premises to conclusions. you can be right about everything but if you don't argue and defend your point you are worthless as a philosopher

>Paul, I believe you're having an affair. How could you??
>That's impossible, honey. Beliefs lack correspondence to precise objective phenomena, such as activation patterns across neural networks

youtube.com/watch?v=JP1nmExfgpg

is Dennett actually a p-zombie lads?

What he calls consciousness is not what I experience as consciousness wtf