Would you pay $85 for this sandwich?

Would you pay $85 for this sandwich?

youtube.com/watch?v=3nwwX-DEH1M

Attached: 1522087707_why-this-wagyu-sandwich-is-worth-85.jpg (768x432, 69K)

i didnt watch the video but no

Attached: 1499999809316.jpg (1000x1000, 52K)

I would pay a lot to try the meat but why the fuck would you ruin it by making a sandwich with it. It shouldn't be deepfried either.

>calling toast japanese milkbread so you can justify charging 85$ for a steak sandwich
Fucking jews

I'd buy it and feed it to my dogs

this, I wouldn't pay $85 for any sandwich.

>$100/pound meat
>deep fry it

Attached: 1520638192953.jpg (865x944, 90K)

why would you deep fry it?

because gaijin wirr pay thlee hunna dorra for it

>it’s a pop aggregate Facebook video on Veeky Forums thread
Sage. Fuck off

Even if you had the money?

im sorry i'll try better next time

If I had the money I'd definitely try it.

Fuck no. I'd pay $85 for an armload of prime grade steaks though. Not watching the video either.

YOU WIRR EATA DIS, WHITO PIGGU, AND YOU WIRR PAY FOR ET.

Business insider, buzzfeed, and the rest of these social media companies are so fucking amateur it hurts. That dumb broad describing the sandwich sucked at it, like she was a dumb intern or something. They fucking record these videos with a fucking cell phone for Christ sake.

Stop giving these shitty videos views you fucking normie.

>A5 wagyu beef
>deep fry it with breadcrumbs and put a shitty katsu sauce and put it in a sandwich

what a fucking waste, wagyu is meant to be enjoyed as a singular experience, you don't pollute it with shitty addons.

>they deep fry it

I said i'm sorry

Attached: kp0q9.jpg (291x343, 8K)

I'd rather just have a nice steak.

You would have to pay me to eat that undercooked shit.

americans are degenerate

>have one of the highest quality beefs in the country
>deep fried it
>smother it with Ketchup
>stick it between two pieces of white bread

Almost as cringey as all of the flyovers in the comment section crying about how it's not cooked well done.

and yet still better than you.

It's nipponese tho

I watched the video and I think the price is probably fair for the cost of the materials but I think it's criminally retarded to pay $85+tax+tip for a sandwich just because the meat is exotic and foreign.

We make perfectly fine beef in America and I could make a similar sandwich on potato bread woth a fine cut of beef and sauce for less.

how? to begin with I'm not a mutt.

thats what separates rich and poor
poor people thing 'gee youre rich, $100 for a sandwich is no big deal'
while the rich think 'that 100 could be invested to diversifiing my portfolio

Thats wrong bc a portfolio should already be diversified youd just be adding in 100 to the overall portfolio
Also he definitely meant if you have enough money to not care about the price

In which case i still wouldnt desu it looks gross

Without watching the video I can tell you that no matter how justified the price may be it is absolutely unreasonable to pay that much for a sandwich.

I would if they actually gave me the entire fucking sandwich instead of cutting off the crust and cutting it into tiny, kid sized pieces. Also the fact that they only sell 3 a day is retarded. It's already overpriced enough for wagyu, it's not like they can't afford to simply buy more meat to meet the demand.

Is there really a demand tho? It sounds to me like the sandwich isnt as popular as they hoped and now theyre trying to save face

I mean, sorta. It's more like most sensible people with money still prioritize their spending, so they don't just charge in and order whatever's most expensive just for the hell of it, but if it's sufficiently interesting they may still get that most expensive thing.

lmao

I want to murder whoever came up with this shit, along with their families

:(

not that user but I could easily afford it, and still no.

Attached: OZNUF.jpg (328x328, 27K)

I'd want to try it, but be too embarrassed to be seen doing something that others might perceive as pretentious.

No.

Only if the sandwich came with $80

Attached: 1521906158189.jpg (214x289, 23K)

Why the fuck would you put that expensive ass quality.eat on a sandwich? If it were a steak or something I would consider it but $85 for a fucking sandwich the chef can shove it directly up his pretentious ass

Attached: 1520537212331.gif (245x245, 530K)

Remove toast. Eat it as a steak. Problem solved.

It's deep fried and comeswith katsu sauce all over it if irlt was just meat and bread that would be lazy but would work then

sorry's not fucking good enough now stop posting.

Rich people constantly buy stupid expensive shit purely as a dick waving contest with other rich people.

If you’d ever eaten A5 beef before you’d understand. It’s good, but an inquiring mind will eventually wonder what all you can do with it. Do you only eat things in their “purest” form like a picky child?

over priced for the amount of a5 that you get, maybe worth 60~ due to importing costs, but why the fuck would you eat it on white bread?

I was about to say yes until that food critic bitch started talking.

huh?

Sure I would love to try it, YOLO.

it's the best bread to eat it on.

It’s just a variation of a Katsu Sando, sometimes made with shaved cabbage added.

Huh?

>your shitty deepfried wasted steak sammy isn't selling
>"I heald whitu piggu like excrusivity desu"
>call jews at food insider for advertisement
>mark up price for shitty sandwich
>???
>profit

Why are Americans such crabs in a bucket when it comes to other’s success or different ideas?

>take highest quality steak
>deep fry and lather it in sauce
>serve it raw

???

This is a feature of Nordic societies, not America in particular.

Always with the jews.........

Leave this poor little guy alone :(

I have never wanted to hug anything as badly as you in my whole life :(

What's wrong with that? Maximum browning. Maximum Maillard.
What's the difference between putting it in a ripping hot pan with a little oil for a few seconds on each side?

this made me laugh so much

If I had the money I would spend far more to slap the shit out of the man who invented this shit.

Attached: Pathetic.jpg (612x657, 74K)

It's not like they overcooked it.
it's still medium-rare on the inside
I'm actually more concerned about the sauce.

Why is wagyu beef so expensive, what's special about it?

Why? It sounds like there might be something desperately wrong with you.

I can't believe rich people only eat food that's on sale at aldi's and nothing else.

We just steal it.

Nope because it was battered and breaded.

I wouldn't pay $85 for any sandwich under any circumstances. But I wouldn't eat that particular one even if it was free because I hate fatty meat.

$100 to a rich person is like a fiver to normies. Putting a measly $100 in their portfolio is literally not worth their time.

I wouldn't pay £5 for a sandwich, why would i pay $85?

I have the money to do so; perhaps not every day but I could comfortable spend $85 on a sandwich a few times a week and not notice it.

But I wouldn't because it's stupid to pay $85 on a sandwich, especially one so simple to do as that; perhaps it wouldn't be Wagyu beef I'd use, but a nice cut of steak quickly breaded up and deep fried would be easy to do and taste close enough to satisfy me.

They do; the best way to tell someone who's actually rich and old money is where they shop; a monied, landed individual will shop at a local supermarket, drive as a daily an old Volvo or such, etc. They'd have the better stuff as well, but they'd only use that when they felt they should.

A nouveau riche individual will be gauche and uncomfortable with his new status, thus pushing himself or herself to display that wealth, to show what it means, which is quite frankly the best way of showing yourself up.

Why wouldn't you pay £5 for a sandwich, that's like a normal price

It's vastly overpriced for what it is. I'd rather by a baguette, a tomato and a pack of ham; cheaper and you get more than the tiny sandwiches.

Also it's not; a sandwich typically costs between £2 and £4.

This is a dumb meme. There are countless rich folks who spend frivoulously and never suffer from it, simply because they really do have enough money to do whatever the fuck they want.

So if you're out for the day and you get hungry for lunch, you go to the market and get ingredients for a goddamn sandwich instead of just buying one? How poor are you?

People relying on inheritance usually don't know how to make more money. Of course they have to be careful with what they've got.

Nigga youre on the wrong website. No one goes outside here

Not poor at all. I just think wasting money is silly and prefer the taste of a freshly made sandwich to the ones they make themselves. It's also pleasant. Most of the time at work and such I just bring left overs from dinner. I'd rather spend the money on booze and such after work than waste it on bad sandwiches.

Gotta say that's pretty fucking weird dude. So what, do you carry a knife everywhere you go to cut tomatoes and bread in case you get hungry? Quite possibly the most autistic thing i've heard all week.

Not to mention you're saving at most £1-2.

>wagyu is meant to be enjoyed as a singular experience, you don't pollute it with shitty addons.

Listen to this guy. He gets it.

I actually do carry a pocket knife with me everywhere in general, yes. Not for this specifically, but it helps out. Have done so since I was 10. And no, like I said, it's only if I fancy a sandwich, didn't bring lunch or feel like having a picnic or something.

And it's not saving £1 or £2 as the sandwich is cheaper and bigger than what a normal sandwich would be, potentially even serving multiple people or making two meals. The cost actually for a high street sandwich of similar size, cost, etc would be more like £4 or so. If sharing with others, potentially even more.

But it's also not just about the cost. It's also about the flavour, size of portion, etc. If your concern for not getting a good sandwich is 'You autistic bro', then it's your loss.

Alright buddy, no need to get aggro. Whatever floats your boat.

I mean the savings for the sandwich; the cost would likely be about 6 pounds or so.

Further explaining oneself is not aggro. If you think it is, perhaps you should get out more.

only because it's scarce

if it wasn't scarce people would be making cheesesteaks and lasagne with that shit

every dumb fuck says that about expensive shit like truffles or abalone or whatever. 'x can only truly be appreciated on its own. wasting it by throwing it in a curry is criminal'. yeah, no. not if buying it has about as much impact on you as buying a bag of rice

There's no universally true thing about rich people, but I suggest you read The Millionaire Next Door. Self-made/first generation millionaires typically drive used cars, wear cheap digital watches, cut coupons, and rarely eat out. Their kids are the ones who tend to waste tons of money.

I can actually touch your fedora through this post. Amazing.

>I actually do carry a pocket knife with me everywhere

reported

No. Next question please.

you guys are the autists. all over the world people buy lunch ingredients and take the time to assemble it on their break because it's cheaper and nicer and they were either taught to do it by friends and family or they just don't have the same convenience culture in their country as we do in the west.

hell even here in the uk you get people buying pots of sandwich filler and a roll instead of a boxed sandwich. you see it all the time.

if you think carrying a knife is 'fedora' you have to either be a NEET or just a total sheltered city boy

are traps gay

Yes. Keep up the pace.

doing that once in a while or even on the regular is a perfectly ordinary thing, but this guy literally said he'd never pay for a fucking sandwich because he doesn't want to waste £1

there's absolutely no way a guy who does weird shit like that has friends

>if you think carrying a knife is 'fedora' you have to either be a NEET or just a total sheltered city boy
You realize most people live in one place, and work in another, right? Even if they don't live in Tribeca and work on Wall Street, this same pattern applies almost everywhere

So why in the fuck should anyone carry around a knife all the time just in case they need to cut bread? Normal people have a knife in a drawer, usually several. I guess that's considered "unsecured storage of a weapon" and punishable by ASBO over there, you have to keep it on your person at all times otherwise you could lose your knife permit?

Attached: 1GraAbs.gif (512x286, 1014K)

if you take that interpretation from his posts you are the person who lacks social and verbal intelligence, user.

>So why in the fuck should anyone carry around a knife all the time just in case they need to cut bread?
they carry a knife in case they need to use a knife for something.

>Normal people have a knife in a drawer, usually several
but that drawer is only in one place, whereas a busy person usually moves through several. why do i have to go through this autistic level of explanation? oh that's right, because you're trying way too hard, probably because you want to prove to yourself that you're more 'normal' than all the losers on Veeky Forums.

Found the normie

Attached: E529BA5F-E869-418F-BE41-58EF01CDA034.jpg (728x700, 82K)