Where do I go to discuss books free from pretentious ideas and judged on the basis of entertainment but it's not YA...

Where do I go to discuss books free from pretentious ideas and judged on the basis of entertainment but it's not YA mall drivel?

It's silly everyone here dismisses fiction that's just trying to be fun or interesting

Even non fiction

So many people go "I forced myself through this book and now I think it's great "

Why ? That doesn't sound worthy of time for me

If a books not fun why read it? Why wait for Stockholm to set in?

I'm not implying all books must be light hearted romps, but the other extreme that I see here is just as bad.

I mean all Genre Fiction delegated to one thread ? For real?

So many of my peers are dismissive of all genre fiction it's just strange, it shouldn't be this way

You're thinking I'm sitting on all literature that aims to be art aren't you

Start with the Greeks and Hebrews or fuck off

I already did

user, the problem is not people who force themselves through a book, but people who force themselves through memes. If you're actually and honestly interested in something, you read it even if it's long and difficult. But most of people here force themselves through certain books because they've heard such books are Veeky Forums essentials. They need to follow the trend, even if the trend is hard, long and complex.

>Why ? That doesn't sound worthy of time for me If a books not fun why read it?

You sound like a brainlet and I'll be pleased as punch if you limit yourself to airport novels and children's books because then you'll likely never try anyone's patience with your poor reasoning or communication skills.

You should know better

Nice purposeful misinterpretation

Then what? We're all just consuming things. I'm just having a better time because I read what I want whether it's considered "true artistic literature " or not.
I think this is more the case.

Everyone here claims to read infinite jest for instance but nobody ever has any point to bring up or even a fun anecsote of a moment in it, makes you wonder why they even finished it

There's two ways to interpret "reading for entertainment." Reading YA-style fiction that doesn't ask any mental effort of the lowest common denominator reader, or reading something that may challenge you but will give you a unique experience.

Just because a book is harder to read doesn't mean it's less fun.

You sound like a pretentious fat faggot full of disappointment and frustration. I suggest you go fuck yourself with an oak branch.

Just because a book is """"""harder""""" doesn't make it superior

>Nice purposeful misinterpretation
It's not a misrepresentation, you are fitting the shoe now. You are the brainlet that can't figure out how to make a new thread in Veeky Forums for her own interests instead of making a meta whine thread that truthfully belongs in /qa/. Regardless you answered your own question in the OP:

>Where do I go to discuss books free from pretentious ideas
>I mean all Genre Fiction delegated to one thread ? For real?

YOU. CAN. Make. threads. here. SF/Fantasy are not the only genres. Genuine poetry threads (ie, not ironical Kaur hate) do come up sometimes, as does YA. There's just no one making threads for romance or thrillers, etc. Make a thread, someone will come talk to you in it. If you can keep up your end of the conversation they might even stay.

You are offering a critique of Veeky Forums that nobody asked for, and is based in your own laughable sense of entitlement anyway. You're a snob with bad taste.

>memefrogposter

Why are you here? There are other boards suitable for your tastes user. This is board is to discuss worthwhile literature. (an opinion formed by a consensus) Reading isn't supposed to be "fun" its supposed to be entertaining and thought provoking. Just because you can't satisfy your ADHD doesn't mean the board has to lower its standards. This is an elitist board anyways.

Ps, there is a reason why nobody here reads genre fiction. Not all genre fiction is bad, but in a sense it is based off of troupes which limits its potential.

Pepe appears in books, which is more than I can say for the Hollyposters.

There's a level of quality between THE CLASSICStm and John Green but people here seem to skip over that.

The hebrews wrote nothing worthwhile.

irony

>reading isnt supposed to be "fun" its supposed to be entertaining

You had to have thought about that as you wrote it and then shrugged.

>entertaining and fun are synonyms

Hebrew scripture is the oldest meme

this tbqhfamalamdesu

I didnt like Ulisses. Damn. Fucking telemaco

If you want to be entertained go watch a movie or play a video game. What type of absolute retard sees all the media we have available today to give simple gratification then picks up a fucking book

I want to experience stories that are exciting, moving and funny - that keep my interest by delaying explanations and setting me up for catharsis. In this sense I just want to be entertained.

I also want to experience it all through the medium of my imagination. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.