I live in New Jersey. A common cuisine in diners here is "Disco Fries" which is basically seasoned fries...

I live in New Jersey. A common cuisine in diners here is "Disco Fries" which is basically seasoned fries, gravy and melted cheese. This shit is delicious. Anyone else had the privilege to try this?

Attached: disco6.jpg (700x933, 184K)

Bro, look up poutine.

why the fuck is it that everytime any american state tries to replicate poutine they just fuck it up or make it nasty?

like fuck dude just make fries and put on some gravy or demi and some curds, why they gotta be crinkle cut faggot potatos and, god forbid, that rancid american 'pre-shredded' cheese

DOES AMERICA REALLLLLLLLLLLLY DO THIS

This isn't poutine retard. The cheese is melted

In all reality its really just a poor man's poutine, but its nice to order when its 4AM and you are hammered.

>curds
Go fuck yourself cheese is meant to be melted
Disco Fries > Poutine

For some strange reason, the diner across the street from me run by Greeks has it on the menu and I live in Georgia. Never knew where it originated

>I can look at OPs pic and tell whether the cheese was pre-shredded
Wow Canadians must be super smart

I live in Upstate New York yet I've never heard of "Steamed Hams"

yeah, and curds melt dipshit

pre-shredded cheese is fucking disgusting, they don't even sell brick cheese in most of your grocery stores amerilard

Bet you $10,000 those Greeks originated from the tri-state area and moved away when things got expensive as fuck and they were afraid of race riots.

I've lived in NJ for 30 years and never heard of them.

Attached: me.jpg (1024x658, 325K)

>they don't even sell brick cheese in most of your grocery stores amerilard

They do, but its convenient to buy pre-shredded and the same price.

Surprised, usually it is an american who is all autistic and posting angrily over nothing.

Curds don't melt its just gobs of stupid half melted retarded Canadian cheese KYS

Attached: Disco_Fries.jpg (1000x750, 65K)

President's Choice brand pre-shredded cheese is sold all over Canada. And I don't know what shitty ghetto grocery stores you went to in the US but I assure you most of them do sell brick cheese.

You probably call it pork roll too, fucking south Jersey hick.

not my problem you half-melt your curds retard
pre-shredded has additives 75% of the time and it sure as shit isn't the same price
americans arguing over food quality, genuinely hilarious

>picture clearly shows melted cheese

Europeans don't put frozen cheese on their poutine you retard.

>common
Literally never heard of this bullshit.

post your local diner.

Those are disco fries

with poutine, hot gravy poured over the fries melts the cheese.

You can't just say "seasoned." That's not informative at all.

>not my problem you half-melt your curds retard
Every Canadian poutine is like this you retard

Yes because they are disco fries you utter piece of shit

I do.
Go to NYC if you love it so much, fucking yuppie.

that's really weird because i live in canada and my curds are melted when i melt them because that's how that fucking works faggot

My man, they are quite literally the same price for shredded or not shredded.

Attached: cheeseyoufuckingretard.png (785x585, 78K)

So it's just shitty poutine?

Disco Fries > Taco Bell Fries Bel Grande.......> shitting diarrhea on fries > poutine

Attached: DISCO FRIES!- A New Jersey Classic!.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Its so easy to know when someones from fucking south Jersey, and they always bring up m-m-muh NYC.

Philly here. I hate this shithole but at least we have mega fries at *every* pizza place

>implying all you faggots didn't steal this staple food item from the northern English

This is normal poutine. Fries and globs of cheese you dumb fuck.

Attached: poutine.jpg (748x372, 45K)

had them once at a local pizza joint. Was pretty good, but you`re definitely hyping this shit up, OP.

but fat sandwiches though, that shit`s delicious and worth the heart attack.

Attached: cars-montclair.jpg (960x960, 100K)

>mega fries
BASED

Attached: Mega Fries.jpg (1000x750, 132K)

>Cars.

They're alright.

Back when they had the fat trucks in New Brunswick next to the bus stop somewhere near college ave, i was shithoused from stealing booze from frathouses and literally spent the rest of the extra cash I had on a second fat sandwich instead of a train ticket home.

Those were the times.

It's (town name) diner. They just have regular non covered in bullshit fries. I've lived in New Jersey since I was a baby and I have NEVER seen this shit.

POST IT YOU SOUTHIE TRASH.

what town name?

We just call these "loaded fries" up here in new england, although there's usually sour scream involved too.

All of Canada, breh.

Ah, Swedesboro. You caught me. I am from SJ. And we don't eat those bullshit fries.

"Seasoned" is usually just pic related on the fries unless it's a more homemade concoction of salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder etc.

Most of the time if you were to see "seasoned fries" at a restaurant you'd know what you were getting without needing specifics.

Attached: 2150000052.png (300x300, 75K)

It's an Albany expression.

>melted cheese
Fuck no

Canada doesn't melt it you dumb fuck canuck

I've had them and they're unironically delicious. It almost made up for having to live in New Jersey.

i don't feel like that would even be worth the extra calories, as mild as sour cream is. it doesn't seem like it would do much for the dish, it wouldn't contrast against it at all

Pfft he says he lives and Jersey and only has one diner close by.

6/10 diner and menu, at least its open 24/7.

Why are you all getting so mad over this?

Because we're all socially retarded.

Everyone always gets mad over everything and slings insults at each other isnt that how this works.

This is cultural appropriation of a Québécois dish. Please check your Anglo privilege.

Hey, I picked the closest one. I typically eat elsewhere. Admittedly its pretty mediocre. Incidentally, that's why I eat elsewhere.

Bro, this is Veeky Forums, haven't you ever been here, it's half banter and half people getting upset at banter and actually getting mad.

because these fucking stupid canuckistani leaf faggots keep lying about our disco fries. also I'm not mad

we're not talking about failed continents here, kids.

discos fries are in every diner in PA, NJ, NY in my experience

>Thinks canada is a continent

WHoly shittu

Attached: 1512170942371.gif (200x200, 3.44M)

>thinks poutine is canadian
french name means french trash.
just like quebec.

So, are you saying Quebec is a continent? Are you saying France is a continent? Help me out, here. I need to know what to ridicule you for.

>I need to know what to ridicule you for.
He's lived a life that led to posting on Veeky Forums.

Attached: bugs.png (248x459, 249K)

Fuck poutine

Attached: Pork_Belly_Disco_Fries.webm (1080x1080, 2.86M)

New Jersey is a le 56% shithole. Quebec is based. Québécois girls are some of the hottest qt3.14s around.

>sad afterthought gravy
could do better

You have to eat at Meme Bros. Dude!

Europeans don't ear poutine.

Look, you ignorant moron, there are people talking about shit they don't know anything about in this thread. They're acting like they know, when they've never fucking eaten poutine in their life. It's a Canadian invention. It's not fucking American.

Naw,it's pretty good, slight tang with the salt, fatty bacon and fries and cheese. Try it, just like a dollop or two on top. It's like sour cream,on a baked/loaded potato.

been eating this in scotland for like 15 years?

yes i'm fat.

yeah, no shit dickhead, poutine is rancid shit garbage. Of course that jizzy afterbirth of a dish comes from canada
Disco fries are top tier.

All the grease trucks are gone now, so you have to go to the pizzerias where half of them suck ass at making them

It's just a worse version of poutine.

Bacon cheese fries are literally everywhere even in bumfuck, nowhere.

Poutine is disgusting. Gravy is disgusting in general. Nothing about pic related looks appetizing to me

It's pretty bad when is cold or room temperature

Its essentially the exact same dish. Who cares.

canada is a continent.

The continents don't mean anything so you can make up whatever the fuck you want. I claim that canada is a continent, and non-canada is the other continent.

We have them in Connecticut in every Greek owner diner. I am assuming Massachusetts has them too. I also live in a town with a French Canadian population so I can get regular poutine if I want. Both of them taste pretty similar. It’s fucking potatos with gravy on it.

this. in fact, I hate potatoes in general and condiments and cheese. Cooking in general is gay

cheese curd goes on poutine.
not cheese.

huh?

WARNING!! A new Challenger Approaches!

Attached: irishNachos.jpg (935x621, 74K)

Actually, I have lived in mass my entire life and have never seen disco fries

Njfag here, live on the shore and nothing beats disco fries and boardwalk pizza
Or anything from Midway

Attached: rfl_20855.jpg (2272x1658, 589K)

Dirty Guido

*curd

what's the purple stuff on them?

Also i made potato nachos once (not with fries though, with roasties)

What's boardwalk pizza?

naild it, bro

Pizza you get on the boardwalk?

>Cooking in general is gay

I think one man sucking another man's dick is even gayer.

>simpsons.tiff ?????

everyone else ITT has rly bad reading comprehension

What a sad fucking thread.

>oh man so glad we have CHEESE FRIES only to be found here in my local dive that nobody knows about. One time we even put BACON on them omgomgomg

>California probably has the best statewide cuisine
2/10 bait

kek
also it's a fucking sub not a hoagie or whatever the fuck you people call it

fresh curds are illegal in the US I think. Most of the greatness of poutine comes from the cheese even though they're all important.

Shoot Wawa kids on sight