Restaurant gives you a cloth napkin

>restaurant gives you a cloth napkin
Anybody else hate this shit?

Attached: CD5C538D-773E-42AF-88B8-3E50D91777F8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

No. But I'm not autistic Faggot.

rather have a cloth napkin.

Go away autist, or mod, whichever you are.

Maybe it's because I'm an absolute eternal poorfag, but I never feel comfortable to use them when provided.

The fuck? What else would you get?

>my family uses cloth napkins at home every night...is this bad?

I am also an eternal poorfag, I feel bad for getting them dirty. Give me paper napkins.

um, no. Why would I possibly get upset by that?

cloths sapkins are spice

this is a level of poverty I didnt think existed.
do you feel bad eating the food they serve you too?

Don't.When I bus tables I throw the napkins in a salad bowl and just dump random shit from plates on it sometimes when trying to condense everything.

I just hate the shitty, totally non-absorbent material. Like, at home I just use dish towels all the time. They'll wipe away grease, seasonings, juice, or any other crud perfectly. These though... It's like some kind of fucking wizardy. Like, you have 1 oz of sauce on your finger, so you wipe it on the towel. Now you have 1 oz of sauce on your finger, and 2 oz of sauce on the "napkin"... How in the fuck?

I feel like an asshole for using them as napkins, so yes, I do hate it.

You guys are aware these are produced $10 for 1000 by sweaty Bangladeshi women right? These aren't some high society refined status symbol

Attached: 1519996253786.jpg (600x1000, 68K)

I always need to blow my nose after I eat and hate to do it in a cloth napkin.

I have to know what story is behind that pic. Does anyone know?

My bf came over and used the kitcen cloth I used to dry dishes, tables, counters and pans, that I hand wash. It would have smelled terrible. But he kept using it. Haven't washed them for months

So are you supposed to put those napkins on your lap or do you just keep it on the table and use it to wipe your mouth?

I've never understood the proper etiquette for these things

onna lap, heathen
and eat in a manner where the mouth needent be wiped

Fold and place on lap, bring it to your mouth as needed, return, repeat...

um, both put it on your lap and wipe your mouth?

Depends on where you are, if it's some "fancier" restaurant you should rather put it in your lap.
If it's a small shop, a family restaurant or a pub or something don't bother. You'll look like an autistic idiot.

What? I have never heard of someone not putting their napkin on their lap and I am a guy who generally thinks etiquette customs are dumb

Only u retardIn tje lap

I love cloth napkins. Use them at home as well. I dislike paper napkins. I don't even like paper towels.

Same.

huh?

No. I just hate it when a restaurant gives you just one paper napkin like there's a napkin shortage.

Real men don't wipe.

>tfw so ritualistically autistic and OCD that even at taco bell in the food court at work, where the napkins are maybe 4"x6" unfolded, I put one on my lap

Attached: 1520808115562.jpg (705x527, 247K)

Enjoy those skidmarks.

This is really why I don't like them. They just don't seem to serve their purpose.

just remember about the Costanzas in the world next time you wipe your mouth with a borrowed napkin

Attached: Cloth Napkin.png (1600x1200, 1.58M)

I went to some fancy restaurant and the waitress unfolded the cotton napkin and put it across my lap.
I thought it was a bit autistic but I did drop some food and the napkin saved my trousers.

I usually prefer a cloth napkin. The exception is for food that I'm going to need multiple napkins from eating it with my fingers. Ribs is a good example of this.

There are also high class establishments and private clubs where they have individual cloth towels in the bathrooms to dry your hands on. When you get done with a tow, you toss it into the receptacle marked "towels only".

I did a bit of research and got this

Attached: 613811117.png (544x440, 24K)

Makes me feel real good

Cloth napkins are meant to be draped across your lap. They are meant to prevent stains on your clothing in the event that errant food falls from the table on your person. Additionally, you are supposed to place them in your seat when you are finished with your meal or are returning to the table as either a compliment to the establishment meaning you will return shortly or at a later date.
You should only use the paper napkins provided for blotting or cleaning your face and hands if the need arises

>I hate it when they give me the nice shit.

Attached: WHAT 2.gif (177x166, 795K)

>Additionally, you are supposed to place them in your seat when you are finished with your meal
i wish

the animals that eat at my restaurant just throw them on the floor

yrs cloth napkin are home only

Huh?

If the restaurant you're eating at uses these, good chance you're overpaying for mediocre food.

Oh? And what do they use at real fine dining establishments, fingerbowls? Enjoy your beheading, Marie.

Attached: 220px-Louise_Elisabeth_Vigée-Lebrun_-_Marie-Antoinette_dit_«_à_la_Rose_»_-_Google_Art_Project.jp (220x267, 17K)

That isn't as bad as when customers cram the cloth napkins into the dirty food remnants left on their plates. These are typically the same people who will place their used silverware directly on a tablecloth. Fucking savages.

its for your lap during the meal and to wipe your hands off at the end you dumb shit

what else should they give

what do you live in a movie?

Attached: download.png (231x247, 97K)

(You) nice.

Attached: 465c0f17342c11f3008108eb4a324e71.jpg (624x879, 304K)