How long will this last? I bought a bottle last December but though factors and...

SniperWish
SniperWish

How long will this last? I bought a bottle last December but though factors and shit, only got through about 1/2 the bottle.

It's been in the refrigerator all the time after it was opened and it smells good and there's no seperation.

There's no sense in letting booze go to waste mind you, hence my question.

Attached: Evan-Williams-Egg-Nog-IMG-2903-e1479672157697.jpg (126 KB, 600x800)

All urls found in this thread:

rockefeller.edu/news/2008-rockefeller-microbiologist-tests-safety-of-spiked-eggnog/
sciencefriday.tumblr.com/post/36824999206/dr-rebecca-lancefields-eggnog-recipe

RumChicken
RumChicken

The alcohol will keep it good for at least a year.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Huh?

eGremlin
eGremlin

The alcohol will keep it good for at least a year.

FastChef
FastChef

Thanks, if I wind up dead I wont post anymore.

Skullbone
Skullbone

It seems like it would go well with Easter, if it's fit for drinking then good times.

Firespawn
Firespawn

When they are in the package store they don’t even bother refrigerating them (after opening needs refrigeration) what temp is your fridge?

FastChef
FastChef

I think that it doesn't matter until it's opened then it has to be refrigerated, and temp of it I dunno, I keep it pretty cold. I don't have a good specific answer for the exact temp on the fridge.

whereismyname
whereismyname

I do look at it for separation and shake it around once every couple weeks just cuz it seems like the right thing to do.
Which remindes me to do it right now.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

... I smell it too just to make sure it doesn't smell weird.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

I was thinking what and said, the alcohol will keep it ok, at least for this short of a period since I opened it.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Naw, we don't have package stores in NY, I think there might be some extra stupid licensing fee if they refrigerated it. People just grab things off a box sitting on the floor and that's that.

I know package stores from Phoenix, I went to this little restraunt once there, it was good. Then went back to my hotel and was like, some booze would be nice so talked with the folk at the hotel and they told me to go the exact same place and ask for the package store.

This big dude came up and was like follow me, so we down this passage and he pulled out some keys and opened this big ass door and he was like get what you want. So I did, and it got rang up at the register and I paid for it, but it all had to be in little brown bags, packaging? Phoenix is an interesting place to say the least, plus everything seems to shut down at 9pm. No complaints or anything, it's just different from what I'm used to.

Techpill
Techpill

rockefeller.edu/news/2008-rockefeller-microbiologist-tests-safety-of-spiked-eggnog/
sciencefriday.tumblr.com/post/36824999206/dr-rebecca-lancefields-eggnog-recipe

From what they're saying, a roughly 1.5:4 ratio of alcohol to total volume will be sterile indefinitely. That's like 37.5% alcohol. The Evan Williams stuff is only 15%, so it's hard to say.

RavySnake
RavySnake

you wouldn't wind up dead even if it was bad and you drank the whole bottle. spoiled milk product will never kill you. I drank some irish cream that was 8 years old and it tasted fresh, it might be good for years

Lunatick
Lunatick

Understood, I drank some after giving it the smell and look test, it tasted just as good as when I first opened it, then I did a vodka shot afterwards and I'm not dead or feeling weird now. I'm probably OK.

Thanks, I just wanted to ask.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

You've been saying this is in every thread now fuck off

girlDog
girlDog

be kind to grandpa. he's just a little slow.

happy_sad
happy_sad

I put a filter on it, plus wuh?
There's always some idiot around.

takes2long
takes2long

Look on the bright side, it's not dick rate threads.

w8t4u
w8t4u

The worst that could happen is some food poisoning that'll keep you shitting and vomiting for the next two days, you won't die lol

massdebater
massdebater

Good times! errrr!

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

back in the day it was common knowledge to not feed the trolls.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Uhu?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit