This fucking book

Hahahaha jesus, this tension and weight is fucking bananas, I just finished the grapes scene, I nearly shit myself from the dialogue, how do I stop myself from binging this fat fucker for all 900+ pages? Jesus I can't stop someone save me I have work in the morning!

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=EilKAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA227&lpg=PA227&dq=count of monte cristo grape scene&source=bl&ots=bBZkBiVUM2&sig=8p8-dVS4mry3P9t2O7Gw6QiIiT0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9zKPvjPPXAhWDm-AKHRvDDT8Q6AEILTAI#v=onepage&q=count of monte cristo grape scene&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think you enjoy reading too much to be on this board.

Isn't that what people here do though?

Very few people here actually read. Most just shitpost. To actually address your topic, how much of the book have you read so far?

The scene I was talking about begins with a conversation that starts on page 671, but continues for all of Bread and Salt, to page 676, has to be one of the best scenes I've ever read period, I swear to god Dantes is an anime character hundreds of years before anime existed, he's such a snake but he loses his shit when Mercedes is around, the whole conversation is pure gold

I've made it just past the next chapter, the tension is falling away but I hope there's more chapters like Bread and Salt, I don't think I'll forget that for as long as I live

>>>/reddit/r/books

come back when you hate life

Shit, that's good man, ignore the shitters on this board. Careful, if you spend too long here, you'll learn to hate reading.

Literally only a redditfag would post this
I've posted here for years, and in things that don't agree with my disposition, I've a bad habit of them going into one ear and out the other, for as much of the "lol reddit" people would claim here for me reading something like Monte Cristo, I equally and far moreso would be laughed out of reddit for reading some other, lighter books that I should avoid naming

You're a breath of fresh air.

If anyone doubts the greatness of Dumas but doesn't want to commit right away to this monster, just read The Three Musketeers.

Very interesting—the book Club Dumas said book collectors value Dumas above all.
Your post, op, and some reading about Monte Cristo, help make sense of it.
Perhaps Dumas is just what this board needs.

books.google.com/books?id=EilKAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA227&lpg=PA227&dq=count of monte cristo grape scene&source=bl&ots=bBZkBiVUM2&sig=8p8-dVS4mry3P9t2O7Gw6QiIiT0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi9zKPvjPPXAhWDm-AKHRvDDT8Q6AEILTAI#v=onepage&q=count of monte cristo grape scene&f=false

Have you watched the bat shit weird anime version of Monte Cristo? I think its called Gatkensuko or something and its gorgeous.

I started it several years ago but never got past the 3rd for 4th episode, not sure why but it just didn't capture me, I think it might have been because Albert was the focus character and he just isn't very interesting, especially compared to a very interesting character like Dantes

>greatness of Dumas
Jesus Christ, user. Next you're going to tell us Hugo is the greatest novelist to ever live. Pro-tip: French romanticists are the capeshit of 19th century.

>if I'm contrarian, people will think I'm smart!

>if I call him a contrarian, people won't notice I have shit taste!
This isn't some edgy obscurefaggotry remark, friendo. Dumas is excellent entertainment, but to call him great is retardation and unironical unmemetical plebbery. Try Rougon-Macquart if you're hellbent on stale Frenchies.

>Rougon-Macquart
>not La Fontaine

keep reaching, pleb

>talking about 19th century
>brings up a shitty aesop translator from 16th
This isn't your home subreddit, sweetcheeks. It's time to go back.

>one of the most grandiose politico-biographical body of works ever
>no try moralistic tales for preteens, pleb
Holy... the reddit is truly everywhere.

I'm happy for you user. I had the same when I first read it. Same with The Three Musketeers. Enjoy!

>tfw read the abridged version
Did I miss out or was the original really just full of fluff so Dumas could make money?

>reading abridged anything
Dumbass.

I'm torn on this. At some parts it feels like there's just...unnecessary extraneous detail. But other times it's only what's needed for the scene. Its strange but there isn't a pattern that I've found.

It's Dumas.

It is a same i haven't had a chance to get into mine; been trying to get through Thomas Carlyle's Works, how is the prose? i bet/hope it is abit smoother than Carlylese.

>the tension is falling away
Yes, predictable but enjoyable if you like light reading. The ending is a bit...

get a kindle, I started reading the cunt of Monte Cristo recently but I gotta admit I thought I would enjoy it more...

>how do I stop myself from binging this fat fucker for all 900+ pages?

I don't know happened to me as well.