/freemasonry/

Last thread: desustorage.org/his/thread/1034772/

Let me start off with a dilemma of mine. I'm a Muslim and I'm thinking of joining the Freemasons. I've looked through some articles, namely these:

freemasons-freemasonry.com/islam_freemasonry.html
masonsmart.com/can-a-muslim-be-a-freemason.html

But I'm still unsure. What do you guys know about this particular field?

P.S. mods, this is humanities related so don't delete pls

Thanks for the bump

Assuming you are the same guy from the last thread, "connections" should not be your motivation for wanting to become a Freemason.

At least not in the financial networking sense anyway.

don't join a lodge full of weirdos who just wanted to be in a secret club and don't really care for each other

find one of the cool ones full of guys who like each other and actually hang out / drink after meetings.

I joined the first kind before moving and joining the latter and it was like the difference between night and day.

It's not, I just want to join a fraternity with other people that I can share my thoughts and ideals with.

Alright

>I just want to join a fraternity with other people that I can share my thoughts and ideals with
but we are your brothers

hmph, yeah. but this seems like a good way to branch out. i do sometimes talk with brothers at mosques.

That's a good way to end up on a watch list.

Muslim ex mason here. Be prepared to leave your religion at the door. A common thread will be that you will need to rise beyond the symbols of your religion and let go of them.

Also, masons arent necessarily more tolerant or enlightened than anyone else, brother.

This coming from a master mason.

i mostly talk about history with them, nigga

alright, i guess ill abandon this idea

the rest of you are free to talk about freemasonry. this is a general thread, after all

Besides, literally everything can be found online. You could consider it for the experience of the rituals. It is fairly unique. Give me an email address and I can fill you in on the basic ideas.

ah, i dont feel like putting one of my emails on Veeky Forums. could you explain it here, or on pastebin?

You will never graduate as a Muslim. We have people to make sure of it.

Only requirement is Belief in God to be a freemason, then - sincerity.

I don't really think a Muslim can go very far in the organization since Freemasons require a belief in god.

Are Freemasons deists?

He can go as far as he wants. He just couldn't join the Christian degrees.

No. People just assume we are because men of any religion can join.

>A common thread will be that you will need to rise beyond the symbols of your religion and let go of them.
Nigga what? It teaches you to embrace your beliefs as fully as possible.
You're not even expected to "leave your religion at the door", just that you don't discuss specifically it in Lodge (or politics), nor will anyone else.

I've been curious what do Masons do

are they intellectuals?
Are they politicians?
Are they devil worshipers?

Basically, just an outdated fellowship.
They get a lot of conspiracy shit heaped upon them, but they ain't nothing but a bunch of dorks sitting around doing silly ceremonies, really.

All of the above at once.
But seriously mostly just philosophers. In a good lodge there's a lot of applied philosophy and scientific research.

Besides ceremonys what do they talk about Im an American and around here they have radio adds that have Ben Franklin talking about how patriotic it is to be a Mason

>Advertising
Ulgh, Yanks.
>Besides ceremonys what do they talk about
Self and societal improvements. Scientific and philosophical developments. Then of course, charity, which is sadly alms giving for the most part.

Those dorks probably run your city.

Why is being a Freemason expensive?

Why can't atheists join?

What's the point of following a religion in order to join, if you have to go beyond its symbols and question and give up on the absolute?

>Why is being a Freemason expensive?
It should be, but really isn't. Like $300/yr each is the average. Too many are well below that, and thus can't pay for upkeep of their buildings.
It should cost more as a prick of blood, to show it's something valuable to you, and thus that you'll treat it well.
>Why can't atheists join?
It's based on religious morality. Mostly Christian, but any faith is permitted. Without belief, virtually none of it means anything.
>What's the point of following a religion in order to join, if you have to go beyond its symbols and question and give up on the absolute?
You don't do that, though.