Cleaver Knives

I've been hacking up a lot of chickens for soup and I think a proper meat cleaver would really help. Do I need to spend 130 on a Wusthof one? Also what is the difference between their "Chinese" cleaver and their regular one? Are any of the cheaper cleavers Amazon sells worth it? I have a knife sharpener so maybe that could equalize some of the difference with a shittier knife or perhaps there is more to it? Is is the same sharpening an asian styled cleaver or are they the ones where I'm only supposed to make an edge on one side of the knife with my sharpener?

What would you suggest, Veeky Forums?

inb4 huh

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.50.16 AM.png (1828x940, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chefknivestogo.com/cleavers.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

read the 1 star reviews and come to a conclusion. It looks like a pretty good meat cleaver from the pic, maybe not for the price though.

stay well away from wusthof, overpriced

dexter-russel makes some great cleavers

just make your own

Buy the $10 Winco cleaver.
Also a wood file and some sandpaper for the handle.
Literally all you need.

This. Just get an old saw blade that isn't bi-metal and use stock removal techniques to make any knife you want.

Yes 130 dollars is mandatory none of the others will work
It will be like when they try to slice tomatoes on infomercials

I mean what are the advantages to the more expensive one?

folded 9000 times

>still eating chicken
You know those fears and doubts you have about your life user? This is why.

Chinese cleaver is thinner and is more of a general-purpose chef's knife, with a heavy emphasis on chopping veggies. don't use it like a butcher's cleaver because it's not heavy-duty enough to go through bones and stuff like that without getting chipped or otherwise fugged

It says right in the description it is made to handle bones though.

It's a german knife, they're just calling it a chinese cleaver for meme purposes.

chefknivestogo.com/cleavers.html
> The Chinese cleaver or Chinese chef’s knife is a thin delicate knife that slices and chops well with height that can be used to scoop up large volumes of product and enough mass that the spine or flat of the blade can be used to crush product before cutting.

>meme purposes
How much cock do you suck on an average day, user?
Be honest now.

on days i'm visiting your mom it's quite a bit, but that's only because hers is so large you see

You read the 3 star reviews for a good opinion. 1 star reviews on an otherwise well-reviewed item are always people complaining about how the delivery woke up their dog.

1 star reviews tell you that blade fell off from the handle after 3 uses.

thats a really dumb comment you just wrote there.

IDK much about this sort of thing, but from what I understand a chinese cleaver is used more like a chef's knife as opposed to how cleavers are used in the west.

I wont lie though. My roomate has a chinese clever and I really like it as a chef's knife. It's a bit shorter and I feel like I have more control.

I have the global G5 knife which i think is a form of chinese cleaver. I use it over my chef knife sometimes and totally agree with you about control.

sometimes you are in the mood for the standard and sometimes the cleaver, so i think it could be worth having.

Attached: ladda ned.jpg (338x149, 4K)

Just get a cheap one at the asian market.

Isn't that a nigirjintoflabergast or something?

Not particularly I've seen many reviews where the delivery of the actual item has affected there review which is fucking retarded it doesn't reflect the actual quality of the product.

Chinese cleavers are nice, they're thin but forward weighted that are useful for chopping vegetables or meat

Personally I'm not a huge fan of them,I'd rather use a traditional chef's knife for most ktasks

you need a thicc knife with a large sharpening angle (like 30 degrees as opposed to the usual 15) for a cleaver. chinese cleavers are more general use than regular cleavers so avoid them if you want to actually go through bones without chipping

That knife is more like a nakiri - dedicated japanese vegatable knive with a symmetriccal bevel (as opposed to a usuba which looks exactly the same, but has an asymmetrical bevel).