DAVID BENATAR ON THE WAKING UP PODCAST

DAVID BENATAR ON THE WAKING UP PODCAST

Normies btfo forever expect extinction soon antinatalism going mainstream

Other urls found in this thread:

hebrewsurnames.com/BENATAR
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The more antinatalists, the less antinatalists. All is well in the world.

Less people on the planet? Sounds good to me. We have more than enough.

>babby's first dynamical system

DEATH IS UPON US BROTHERS

Antinatalism seems to me just a slightly less retarded nihilism in the sense that they do acknowledge meaning, but only in the form of suffering, i.e. they only seem to attach any value to negative meaning. Their denial of any sort of positive meaning, or at least the denial that even an illusory sense of positive meaning can provide a counterbalance to life's inherent suffering that might actually make all of this shit worthwhile, is still nihilistic to the core.

It also revolves around the premise that we know for a fact that life has no inherent meaning, and that it's therefore a given that there's nothing negative about non-existence. Now I'm not one for making assumptions about what that inherent meaning might be, and it's very plausible that there is none... but the fact of the matter is that we don't know, so perhaps trying to end existence is a bit reckless.

But worst of all, their whole philosophy is made invalid by the simple fact that they haven't killed themselves yet. If life is truly so horrible and we're nothing but a plague on this planet, then why are you fuckheads still around? Sure life is an imposition, but letting go is very easy... yet you don't do it. Apparently, antinatalists are fine with non-existence, as long as those non-existent people aren't them. It's pathetic hypocrisy.

The idea that suffering is 'real' and that pleasure is merely 'negative' or only a respite from it is a very old idea. Certainly some sort of asymmetry exists between the two: suffering is ubiquitous and automatic, and takes no effort at all to get into (you only need to not eat for a while, or do anything else), while pleasure is fickle fleeting, rare, and there is not even one well-recognized way to get to it. This is why there are countless books about how to be happy, none of which have any agreed-upon method; we don't need books for how to be miserable, not because no one has an interest in it, but rather because being miserable is the easiest thing in the world.

So whether you end up buying the worldview or not, it has a strong intuitive (and historical) basis. That the world is awful and full of suffering is completely obvious, and you'd be stupid to deny it. That there is good in the world, and that it's worth being in, is less obvious, and at least takes some defense. No religion or cosmological system starts out with the assumption that life is basically good and makes a problem of suffering, but the reverse is common. If you try, you end up doing theodicy, because the world is so manifestly at odds with any sort of good governing force or god tendencies whatsoever.

>But worst of all, their whole philosophy is made invalid by the simple fact that they haven't killed themselves yet. If life is truly so horrible and we're nothing but a plague on this planet, then why are you fuckheads still around?

Killing yourself is pretty hard, for lots of biological & social reasons. It would be great if it were easier, of course!

If Sam can dismantle anti-natalism then it is truly shit.

Delete this. There's already a thread on it.

>david ben atar
>2 jews talking about how to end humanity (aka white people)

I'm pumped!

>The more antinatalists, the less antinatalists.
Oh look, it's another episode of "people thinking a non-genetic trait can be bred out"

Nice identity politics. Why not judge the ideas instead of the people expressing them? Fucking millennials.

Is Benatar actually jewish or this just another "ideas I don't like are only espoused by jews" episode? Looks like it's a french surname. Also Harris is only half jewish.

Antinatalism is the ultimate form of obedience to the system. Antinatalism is the belief that human life is not an end in itself, but rather a mean to achieve progress in a technological oriented society. Antinatalism is therefore a supra non-human non-ideology. Antinatalism is a disease of the mind, but a necessary one in the age of the Machine, where man has become an obsolete mean of production. Antinatalism is an insult to human dignity. Antinatalists are not humans.

Very good post

hebrewsurnames.com/BENATAR

Also, in your own pic related, if you sort by frequency of occurence, Benatar is most often seen in Israel.
Inability to read and interpret data is a sign of brainletism

fugg why is it always jews

Good...more room for my kids

lol

Well, advocacy of antinatalism is a unique prerogative of those with rather modest intelligence, so it can be indeed bred out in a sense.

There will always be an end of the line.

Incidentally collectivist societies whose philosophies/ideologies put themselves above the individuum are the most successful ones out there. But you keep fapping to sacred human life, kiddo.

>a Jew living in South Africa thinks life is shit
imagine my shock

You're a millennial. Unless you are a gen-Z'er, in which case you're not supposed to be here. Anyways, solid point about trying to judge the ideas independently of those presenting them. I am of the opinion that the ideas are stupid. What do you think?