Help

Hi /lit
It's my first time posting here but you guys seem like you know good literature therefore might be able to help me.
A good Friend of mine is turning 18 and i wanted to gift her a book. I also have a huge crush on me, which she seems to share, so it needs to be something thoughtful that leaves a lasting impression.
She likes Poetry (mostly mainstream stuff like Rupi Kaur) as well as contemporary young adult novels (John Green etc). This probably seems really basic, but she is a smart girl that could probably use some more serious literature.

I thought about a lot of books, but none of them seemed really right. These are the one I was able to come up with so far:

"The General in his Labyrinth" by Gabriel Gracia Marquez, because she liked "Looking for Alaska" and it might provide some interesting background.

"Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer, because she likes the whole running away idea and I enjoyed reading it.

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter s. Thompson, because she enjoys drug-fueld roadtrips

"Life: a user's Manual" by Georges Perec because a friend recommended it.

None of those really feels right, anyone got some suggestions/honest reviews of the books I named?

Help would be greatly appreciated

If she "likes" poetry. Give her Finnegans Wake. If she says its garbage or unreadable then she's a fraud about poetry.

They are all entry level shit and she sound like a basic bitch.
You will be fine

Yuck, she's not worth the effort

>I also have a huge crush on me
You don't say

This.
>she enjoys drug-fueled roadtrips
Drop that slut now.

Oh come on you guys...
Why not help OP getting laid?

She should read the Bible tbqh

Serious answer, give her Naked Lunch.

trying to give you a serious reply. being a girl and being this basic she might like some classic like pride and prejudice which is of course better than the garbage she’s into. she might like battle royale if she’s into ya stuff. catullus has pretty short and readable poetry, remember how cicero though of him and the like as the rupi kaur of their time.

my diary, desu

the wild boys by burroughs
confessions of a mask by mishima
death in venice by mann
the immoralist by gide

these are my favourites ;)

Slaughterhouse-Five
The Great Gatsby
Billy Collins maybe since he's as digestible as Kaur w/o being garbage

Anne Karenina

Since you like tha simpsons
bart simpson guide to life
:^) you're welcome

> "Serious literature"
> lists a bunch of trash

Bitches love Murikami

Both you and the girl you are talking about are basic cunts
Good suggestion

god you and her are both huge plebs. Life a user's manual is the closest you're getting to 'serious' literature and that's by accident.

that said, having a crush on yourself is awesome.

>she liked "Looking for Alaska"

Write some slam poetry for her

Gravity's Rainbow