Will any writer from 21st century be canon?

Will any writer from 21st century be canon?

Yes

me desu

Kafka doesn't belong anywhere near this chart, even in the cuck corner.

i love how this pic is just a semi random permutation of the authors a just-out-of-illiteracy anglo might know

the canon is an invention to sell older books
also

>penultimate means "second to last", which is where Cervantes actually belongs
>Homer, Virgil, and Ovid not wiser gods tier
>Flaubert and Proust on the same level as joyce
>moliere, Baudelaire on the same level as milton
>byron on the same level as Leopardi
>Hesse not shit tier
>brecht same level as Dickens
>hemingway same level as twain
all the low tiers are correct

my diary desu

homer is a fraud
hesse should be mid
hemingway>twain
king should be in shit tier

>Hesse
>Shit tier
confirmed for only having read Siddhartha, and the English translation of it at that

Hesse ist Scheiße
Das Glasperlenspiel ist in Ordnung

>Cervantes above all
>Chaucer below Dante
>Petrarch on the same level as Shakespeare
>Rand or King being on this list at all

Pretty good list senpai

Krasznahorkai, I hope.

+1

Houellebecq, Wallace

what a shitty conspiracy theory

Needs to add Faulkner to great or based tier

>blacklisted
>Kafka
thank you SO much

Honestly Petraca is a literally who I guarantee this was made by a romance speaker

This would be a really good chart if you didn't meme Cervantes at the top

orwell is the only brit to write anything of importance

Need to add Ibsen and Wagner

>blacklisted
>Pynchon

you're playing his game, feller

I like this image. I would, of course, rearrange many of the writers if I were making it, but it is bound to trigger basic *nglo plebs and that makes me happy.

Petrarca popularized the sonnet, defined love poetry as we know it and was imitated by the whole Europe for a few centuries.

I guess that's why modern academia rejects the concept of the canon.

The taste isn't bad, it's just absolutely soulless.
There's just something absolutely disgusting with saying Aeschylus and Sophocles are on the same level. It's understandable quality-wise, but what's there to be liked in one is miles away from the other.

Holy canoli this image is crap

Blessed ravioli what would you change?

>Cevantes above Dante and Shakespeare
come the fuck on

Rupi kaur probably
>inb4 she becomes the founder of a new, century-defining school of poetry that rejects all poetic criteria and is rooted in feminism

Cervantes is the greatest author of all time, Don Quixote is the masterpiece of mankind, Novelas Ejemplares too. Shakespeare is a joke compared to him and Dante's Vita nuova and De Vulgari Eloquentia are pretty shitty compared to the Divina Comedia

Cervantes is not better than Shakespeare you fucking dipshit

I have no clue why you'd blacklist Pinecone ... or Orwell ... or Kafka. And where is Dickinson?

Shit list

Not a chance, but there is going to have to be a bit of a shake up in the canon in the future to undo some of the jewing that has been done to it.

Yeah, well, Cervantes only has one great work, too. I'd pit the Commedia against the Quixote any day.

>Publishing industry: You know what would be a good idea, instead of selling these new authors we have exclusive printing rights on let's fool people into buying public domain books anyone can get for basically free

Where the hell is Gaddis? Did a fuckton of social commentary/writing innovations with his 4 books

I don't see how anyone could read The Toilers of the Sea and think that Hugo is Mid-tier writer. I'd put him at good just for that

No Kipling or London? Shit list.

>Shakespeare is a joke compared to him
Are you actually this dumb or just trying to trigger anglos?

>Kafka

Homer, Leopardi, Dante, Petrarch and Shakespeare, in this order, should be at the top of that list. Literally no one can compete with them.

Why is Kafka blacklisted?

One day everything will be canon

Verne should be subpar tier, I'd replace him with Wells in mid tier. Faulkner needs to be high tier. Otherwise not bad.

>tfw you tried to be sarcastic to btfo another poster but unwittingly explained Penguin's entire publishing strategy

We're only 18 years into it, how the fuck should we know

I can SMELL the butthurt anglos thinking Shakespeare is better than Cervantes (I'll admit Chaucer is on the same level as him, though)

I can smell the dirty moorish spaniards thinking Cervantes is better than even Mark Twain

Where is Eliot

>Why is Kafka blacklisted?

Because blacklisting Kafka is very (you know exactly what's coming) ...

... wait for it...
Kafkaesque ;)

That doesn't even make sense. Chaucer is nowhere near Shakespeare. As great as The Canterbury Tales can be, it's studied mainly as a cultural artifact.

>the Quixote
Quick question: why have I heard it referred to as "the Quixote"?

I can't print the damn things myself.

in spanish we shorten the title to "el quijote". it's hard to explain, but "el" is different in use from "the". for example in english you say something is from china, where in spanish you would say something "es de la china"

what a legend.

>Tolkien on the same level as King
die.

If I read the works of all of the writers in based-tier and above will I be smart?

Do you know what penultimate means....?

Why would you need to? You clearly own or have access to a computer or smartphone.

If you don't know any 21st century writers who deserve to be canon maybe you should uuuuh read some books instead of posting controversial opinions on the internet

Unironically flip the whole list upside down.

Unironically yes

Nobody does and it's one of my triggers. Literally shaking right now.

Stop posting this and don't ever do it again, you dirty beaner.

>Borges
>not at least "demi-god" tier
Por la cresta, ¿Cómo se puede ser tan plebeyo?

>Melville
>A sailor turned populist adventure story writer
>High Tier
That is retarded. Granted I haven't read that one about the whale.

If this image is representative of the canon, no. The creator is already scared of the 20th century, exposure to the 21st might kill them.

At least Demi-god-tier is right. At least.

what's most shocking about this is that one of the most famous childrens series of the aughts (Series of Unfortunate Events) spent a whole book belaboring the definition of the word and using strawmen characters who had no idea what it meant lecturing to children about how they misunderstand the concept as a way to make the reader really retain the concept. since most everyone on Veeky Forums grew up during that time, we're possibly dealing with people who started reading books very recently (which would also explain their need for a tedious road map like the "canon" to catch up with their actually precocious classmates who have been reading since before they dropped out of high school)

>Anglo
Not even close. This has got Spaniard try hard written all over it, sprinkled with a huge over representation of the Italians.

Yes, I do.

Ultimate Ancient Creator can only be God.

Penultimate does not mean second best, it means second to last.

Yes it can mean that. Like how ultimate can be used to mean last but that is not the only way it can be used. Ultimate can mean the greatest as if there were a series that finishes at the greatest. In that sense the ultimate is the greatest and the penultimate is the second greatest.

why the fuck is your name showing up as 'anonimous'

shut up retard, is right

This is somehow true, lol.