In the beginning was the will

In the beginning was the will,
And the will was the will of God.

>GENIUS IS THE STATE OF BEING CHILDLIKE
>WOMEN ARE STUPID BECAUSE THEY'RE CHILDLIKE
>FUCKING HEGEL IS DUMB BECAUSE HE TAKES ALL THE STUDENTS FROM MY CLA- I MEAN BECAUSE HIS SYSTEM IS TOTALLY WRONG!
>THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PHILOSOPHICAL QUERIES IS SOME EASTERN MYSTICAL BULLSHIT I CANT EVEN READ IN THE ORIGINAL
>SUICIDE IS WRONG FOR SOME REASON
what did Schoppy mean by this

AUtism.

That's not what he means at all stop trying to twist it into theology

no, Will is Satan, which is why we're supposed to deny our self-will and strive to be Christ-like, who is Logos.
Did you even read the book, or did you just jump straight to the wiki article?

Please give me ONE (1) quote from schoppy justifying each of these and I will let you pass

>Every child is in a way a genius; and every genius is in a way a child.
>Women are directly adapted to act as the nurses and educators of our early childhood, for the simple reason that they themselves are childish

too bored to find quotes for the rest
hegel and schopenhauer were both lecturers at the same time in the university of berlin, Hegel's lectures were always full and Schopenhauer was unpopular
Schopenhauer was well known for having a fascination with eastern mysticism

So you could say that you will to be christ like?
Jesus goddamn christ christians are stupid.

In the beginning was the will of God,
And the will was the will of God.

he was interested in buddhism and stuff, because his idea of life being pain (because its an endless fighting versus urges/needs, which humans can never win) was similar to some of those we find in these spiritual concepts.

The will as the power which makes any living thing strive for food, sex etc. etc. is to be denied, but suicide would only deny the single entity (a human, who is only one irrelevenat projection of the will) which would commit suicide, but not deny the whole will-thing. To really deny the will it would take a transcendental awakening shit about the nature of life, of the will and stuff taking place. And the latter is also pretty similar to some buddhist ideas.

because you don't just cease to exist after death. That's brainlet materialist thought.

lol philosophers think humans are naturally good or something like what they will or desire is naturally good.

>wake up call
humans are naturally awful, do people genuinely think that they aren't?
There are centuries upon centuries of evil people, how are we so unique from them lol?

Hobbes was right, humans are terrible. And I say they're terrible because of original sin.

>And I say they're terrible because of original sin.

Oh you're a Christian? Well then by all means be as edgy as you want. You can even speak in a combination of old English and Latin if you'd like.

Your only valid point is on his rejection of suicide, I believe it was something like "your will is causing your misery and suicide will not kill the will".
Obviously killing yourself will kill your will too.

thought it was the big bang init

schopenhauer actually quotes hobbes "homo homini lupus". he thought people were horrible because they were just driven by the will

Life and death are both spatiotemporal.
The will is both spatial and not temporal.

I think that was projection. The guy beat his landlady up. He was really just a bottom of the barrell personality.

hes misogynist rants are pure gold

He could read sanskrit tho.
Huh?

Both true, or one of them is false and the other is true?

pic: arthur schopenhauer in real life

kek

Alot of people in this thread I can tell haven't actually read his work and probably just watched a few videos on his ideas and think they know what they are talking about.

>He could read sanskrit tho
Forreal?

Nietzche destroyed schope in like two paragraphs.

>SUICIDE IS WRONG FOR SOME REASON
>FOR SOME REASON