"To be in love is not the same as loving. You can be in love with a woman and still hate her."

"To be in love is not the same as loving. You can be in love with a woman and still hate her."

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCE1Iq3iZA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I guess he meant that you can have moments where you love a person while at other times you hate them. In contrast with loving someone in the moment where you feel good about them but only for now. I'm not recall sure though, I interpreted this quote very literally

Literally what he said.

No no, he was talking about love and hate at the same time.

How can you hate someone you love?

They say hate is scared love.

Hate is a secondary emotion - it needs some fuel to motivate it. Hence, love itself is fuel, but loving is knowing how to direct that fuel.

You can hate a person you love because they don't love you back.

To be in love means you are bound to the person. That doesn't imply that you are loving at every moment in the relationship. Hate isn't the opposite of love, fear is.

That he's an spastic autist.

Eros vs Agape

I don't think he's talking about jealousy.

Can you fear a woman?

But what about me, I fell in love with a woman and I fear her at the same time.
Sometimes when I see her I follow her around, sometimes I just wanna run away from her.

◄ Song of Solomon 6:10 ►
Who is she that looks forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?

It's very common to love women, I wouldn't say it's common to fear them.

You don't get it user, I'm disputing this quote:
>Hate isn't the opposite of love, fear is.
I fell in love with a woman and that's exactly WHY I fear her, I don't see those feelings as opposites and as that quote from Song of Solomon shows I'm not alone on this.

What could she possibly do to you?

>I hate you but pussy game ridiculous

It's not this kind of fear (of physical harm)
but of lack of control, losing my shit.
It's also a concept akin to "True Beauty Scares/Kills" what I think the greeks portray with that stories of when a mortal see the real face of a god he dies.

I don't know but it sounds true

u fukken krautsalat

fucking hell, how about you go and experience an actual woman and then talk

What do you mean by experience? I'm not
talking about talking to any woman I'm talking about talking to a woman you fell in love. Have you ever fell in love? You got dumb.

>You got dumb

The stupider one is, the closer one is to reality. The stupider one is, the clearer one is. Stupidity is brief and artless, while intelligence wriggles and hides itself. Intelligence is a knave, but stupidity is honest and straightforward.

You fell in love with an image of the woman, or it's something else that you fear, like yourself.

>You fell in love with an image of the woman
Is that bad? Can we truly /know/ another person?

IDK but its going on my IG! ;)

Post your IG

In the case you described, it doesn't sound too good. We may not be able to truly know someone but the degree of the detachment can vary.

>smirks lacanianly

thats frigggn awsom ahaha

Loving your girl and liking your girl are not the same thing. The best kind of relationship is when the girl loves you, and you like her. When you like her, you like to see her, you're excited to hear what she has to say. But when you love a woman, that's just a devotion to yourself not to be a piece of shit from her perspective. And that can cause you to dislike her very easily, because what a woman loves for a man to be, and what a man is, are not the same thing. You think I wanna spend time with my girl? Fucks no. But I have to because I have an obligation to keep her somewhat placated according to my emotions, but my emotions aren't necessarily in accordance to my will, or my desire. It's like, ah fuck, I really do need to pay to keep my lights on, even if I don't really give a shit about or want to work.

You can be in love with the idea of tha woman, but not her true self.

makes me think of the wack bitch Polina in The Gambler. She is totally nutso and straight up hateful toward Alexei but he is so enamoured with that fine ass that he will do anything he says, jump off a building or go harass some stuck up German baron and his wife at her word. I think it says a lot about the fundamental irrationallity and contradiction at the core of human desire, just like how the characters gamble every last penny even though every fibre of rational thought would have you stop once you've won... Fuck that was a good book, peep it if you haven't

I know that feel.

Not the fear part, but the terrible as an army with banners part.

Who wouldn't want to marry a woman who can be like that? But loving and cuddly, too.

Hildy Johnson from His Girl Friday -- not a perfect example, but her character flashes her banners occasionally.

Idk, but i do know that the opposite of love, as well as hate, is indifference.

Don't listen to user, you know how to love a woman

>How can you hate someone you love?
He literally says that to be in love is not the same as loving.
You can't hate someone you love, but you could very well hate someone you are in love with.

infatuation vs wanting the best for a person

or in the words of this crusty old jew:
youtube.com/watch?v=KCE1Iq3iZA8
fish love vs real love

It's the contrary

I was in love with a girl that was using me, lying to me and treating me like shit. I knew it and i hated her for that, but i still couldn't let her go.
On the other hand, i really "loved" a girl that was extremely kind to me, she was beautiful and sweet. Seh sacrificed a lot for me, without asking for anything in return. Unfortunately i never managed to fall in love with her.
Love is pain.

Pain is something. People prefer something over nothing, over indifference. People prefer drama over serenity. BECAUSE THEIR LIFE IS BORING

>an spastic autist

He's right. Love and "being in love" are different things. That's why some languages that are not retarded like English have different words for the two concepts.
For example, in Italian:
>love
Amore / Amare
>"being in love"
Innamoramento / Innamorarsi

To be in love is to be attached to love. That is to say that you love that you're in love and the woman is secondary. You cease to love her when she does something unlovable, so, in reality, you only love yourself, what she can provide for you, etc. Thus, you can be in love and hate the woman. To be loving is sacrificial, it is to love the person you see and to see the person you love.

this

Grow up

this

how do you prevent yourself from falling in love?

what if i hate that i'm in love