Why are you plebs not discussing this:

Why are you plebs not discussing this:

nytimes.com/2017/12/06/books/lorin-stein-resigns-the-paris-review.html

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/12/06/books/lorin-stein-resigns-the-paris-review.html?smid=tw-nytimesarts&smtyp=cur&_r=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because nobody other than the wives of dentists read literary magazines any more user.

These perverted jews are dropping like flies. Some have been saying all along that these jews are mentally sick people with a desert mindset who not like whites regardless of whether they pretend to be. You get it yet, white people? Is it starting to sink in? These jews belong to a twisted tribe and they have to be removed from polite white society.

Weird how these perverts seem to disproportionately belong to a particular group of people

Wasn't feminism a jewish plot tho?

Just go back to /pol/ you retard

>spends tenure popping pills and fucking thots from New School
>covers depravity by spending 50% of the mag "championing emerging women writers"
>almost all of htese "emerging women writers" turn out to be no talent NYU/Columbia thots who spread pussi for publication
>errybody in NY literati knows, nobody says shit
>eventually two of these lit-thots get angry when nobody else gives a shit about their writing, realize Stein tricked them into bending over his desk for $500 and a forgotten byline: "WAAAAH! WAAAAH! HE EXPLOITED ME!"
>NY literati: "Eeew, this was a long time coming, omg everybody knew, omg, #metoo"

as if the world needed more reasons to hate everything about the absolute state of contemporary lit

nytimes.com/2017/12/06/books/lorin-stein-resigns-the-paris-review.html?smid=tw-nytimesarts&smtyp=cur&_r=1

D&C social division is a part of jewish nature, now get your ass back to r*ddit before the open speech here overwhelms you, faggot.

>He acknowledged dating and expressing interest in women with whom he professional connections, including interns and writers for the magazine, conduct that he acknowledged was “an abuse of my position.”

Why do those female interns and writers not get any blame for scamming other unwilling women and men out of positions that could well be theirs if they didn't decide to prostitute themselves?

Anyone who accepted unethical conditions to obtain a position also holds a degree of guilt against the public. We should condemn both parties.

>He acknowledged dating and expressing interest in women with whom he professional connections, including interns and writers for the magazine, conduct that he acknowledged was “an abuse of my position.” He told the board that he had occasionally engaged in sexual behavior in the office after hours, but said that in all instances, the sexual contact was consensual and had happened when he was single. Mr. Stein was married in 2015.

Wow, he had consensual sex with people he worked with. What a fucking monster.

This is literally just bitter women whose writing careers haven't taken off vindictively using the little power they have to destroy a successful man.

You don't condemn both parties because they are coming forward. Of course they do have part of the blame, but they are like informants.

If you shame them you are only going to protect these guys who don't care about literature but use it to fuck young girls or boys.

Instead if you call them heroes, they come out and then people in power are going to think twice before hiring hacks because they can get their dick sucked.

Put your pride aside and cherish this. No guy could get an internship at the Paris Review because it was the dating pool for this dickwad. Things are going to change now.

>spends tenure popping pills and fucking thots from New School

A friend of mine in graduate school (not New School, but close) said that Stein had his staff pack the intern pool with hot white girls, a lot of whom he asked to stay late, or come out with him to bars. It definitely was a known thing. Went on for almost a decade. At the same time, most of the fiction in the magazine involved the base drug use and hardcore sex. Ofc, most of it was by young woman being edgy. Major shift from Gourevitch years, when there were actually cool, funny stories worth reading.

It's in your interest to frown that behavior unless you want to be forced some day to have sex with your boss to keep your job.

here's what makes me angry: think of how many decent writers got rejected in favor of stories from thots who took it in the ass for publication

it makes me wonder if this is the real reason why there's so much fucking awful writing by women

how many are literally trading pussy for bylines?

For real. Every time at the Brooklyn Book Festival I would just stick by the Paris Review table because that's where all the hot girl interns always were so I could hit on them.

Good thing only the pseudiest of the pseuds took people like this seriously anyway

He was anonymously put into a secret google doc where media women were able to list any "problematic" man they wanted to without any evidence whatsoever. It's in my interest as a man who fucks to not live in a culture where ever unverified claim of sexual harassment is taken seriously.

Perfect summation. Jews getting a taste of their comeuppence

Like the whole publishing industry. Really Lit in the US is shit because it's pseuds and frauds. Wonder why no one ever fucking talks about Dalkey

I subscribe the Paris Review. Like half of every issue is made up of intersectional writers who aren't chosen based on the criterion of talent. Getting published because you fucked your boss is as valid as getting published for belonging to the special identity du jour

Dalkey, New Directions, Open Letter, Wakefield Press, and few other independent presses are the only reason not to boycott the entire US publishing industry

I read that document, and as a Brooklyn writer I know that all of those accusations were both true and accurate.

Also if you have to fuck by dating at work you are a loser lol

Wakefield is amazing. There is a lot of good work being done and I'm happy this fuckers are getting sunk

>Also if you have to fuck by dating at work you are a loser lol
That's fucking bullshit. What percentage of contemporary relationships start at work?

Stop blaming women for doing what is natural, climbing the status ladder and giving their pussy to high status men, and blame the jews who have nepotistically obtained these positions of status and used them to pretend to be semitic culture moguls in a culture that isn't their own, and insulate their tribal power by promoting women with no talent. White men have to take their institutions back from these kikes who have no understanding of how to use power for good, or behave responsibly in a white nation.

Something like 40% of people will have a relationship from work, 20% of marriages begin there and are generally longer lasting than other circumstances apart from meeting through friends

What percentage of people are losers?

Anecdotes are fun, but don't confuse it with evidence.

>Also if you have to fuck by dating at work you are a loser lol
Replacing dating someone you already know and have spent time with working together with one night stands might seem like the thing to do when you're a 26 year old horny hipster Brooklynite, but it's not conducive to healthy relationships when you're over 35.

I consider all normies (non-virgins) to be losers so go figure

>Tripfag defends a kike

Surprise surprise

Just because you don't have a real job doesn't mean that people who do need to live like you do.

>Like half of every issue is made up of intersectional writers who aren't chosen based on the criterion of talent.

i agree

clearly, one reason stein & co published these so-called "intersectional writers" was to keep the heat off. it's like the old soviet union: if you tow the ideological line in public, you can wallow in whatever private corruption you wabnt

>is a frogposter

sad

Sh-shut up

lel

To keep the heat off? Jews like stein are the main people feeding this bullshit into our culture.

I'd agree that American literature can trace its fall to the decline of the WASP elite

it's a circle of corruption, a means of control: public face and private depravity

Jeff magnum died for your sins, good to see you are still around my man

word is roxanne gay will be his replacement

was it worth it Veeky Forums ?

The problem lies with the jews who replaced them by declaring racism to be the redefined original sin of the new liberal religion. That elite never went away, though, it just stepped aside to stay out of the jewish crosshairs once they were given carte blanche after their WWI victim scam. That might even be who is orchestrating this takedown of these kikes right now, since a lot of this stuff was known but not covered by the jewish media under previous iterations of power.

fuk 4 pub bb

Yes, Jews at least know how to run a business.
With her it'll turn to shit even more and people will stop reading it. A success story for the ages.

>my """abuser"""

>I liked it rough, but have since reframed it as "abuse" since he left me
This is what that means, right?

>He convinced me to have sex with him, what the hell!

This is all it takes lately

It's important to remember that jews are semites from the middle east. They are not civilized European people. It should therefore not be surprising that when they obtain power they abuse it like this.

Is this why the personalized rejection I got from them asked me to include my bra size in the next cover letter?

They're actually Khazars from Central-Asia.

>Stein
Threadly reminder, folks.

this makes me hard as steel

can't wait to watch it burn to the ground

if this is true, i give them five years bf the entire pr endowment is gone

>Anecdotes are fun, but don't confuse it with evidence.

Oh trust me there was fucking plenty of evidence.

>Replacing dating someone you already know and have spent time with working together with one night stands might seem like the thing to do when you're a 26 year old horny hipster Brooklynite, but it's not conducive to healthy relationships when you're over 35.

Ah yes those healthy relationships that develop when you are working together. Extra healthy when you are her boss and she doesn't know if saying no to your offer to have "a work dinner" will have repercussions on her career. Galaxy level healthy when you go around calling her a bitch in the office kitchen for telling you that she has a boyfriend already.

I'm ready to bet my money that everyone thinks you are a creep at work.

>I'm ready to bet my money that everyone thinks you are a creep at work.
"Who, me?!?!"

I thought that was the point of the literary lifestyle

American lit was shit even before. They were basically a bunch of plebs who wrote bad reviews of Moby Dick because they thought it was too difficult, and wanted him to go back to his travel novels.

They made Poe starve because they were mad at him for having standards and writing honest reviews.

They even disregarded The Recognitions for being too hard.

Elite WASP culture was a culture of philistines and american culture as a whole is heavily anti-intellectual.

The only respite we had was with the G.I. bill when a huge number of ambitious young man came back from france and England with bags full of modernist literature and had the social support to actually make money with their words and move forward.

Everything else was shit before and after.

kikes getting btfo

I fucking love it

Get a fucking job you bum. Your conception of work-place romances as only being between a powerful man and a subordinate woman betray the fact that you don't know what an actual office environment is like. If you gave up your trust fund and your delusions of being a writer and actually got a real office job, then you'd understand how most workplace relationships begin organically.

It's interesting to note how the masthead changed once Stein took over the magazine. Gourevitch was also Jewish, but he had a good number of WASPs just below him, including Christopher Cox, Meghan O'Rourke, and David Wallace-Wells.

The magazine was undoubtedly better then.

When Stein took over, he purged the editorial staff. Those he brought in: Rudick, Stein, Foley-Mendelssohn, Hiltner, Jacoby, Strick.

>Rudick, Stein, Foley-Mendelssohn, Hiltner, Jacoby, Strick.

Can just picture all their nasty faces

>Anecdotal
Absolutely valid, that isn't how you deploy this fallacy checking.
>"I wonder how the pizza is here"
>"Oh I live here, there are plenty of great pizza places around here."
>"Purely anecdotal, that means nothing"
Vs
>"This town is completely drug infested"
>"What makes you say that?"
>"My cousin knows a guy that sells weed"

What a disgusting race of people, culturally and visually. Expulsion order #360 and beyond can't come soon enough.

>DUDE JAMES BALDWIN
>DUDE SHORT STORY ABOUT ABORTION
Glad this fag is out. How about that PRH children's editor who just got canned for trying to fugg? I'm sure the Paris Review audience could use some more mature writing since Plimpton stopped editing.

> Elite WASP culture was a culture of philistines and american culture as a whole is heavily anti-intellectual.

mmk :^)

>a know of a few instances where it happened in the one city I happen to live in, therefore the entire list is valid

Emerson? Really? The guy who went to Harvard to say people "you don't need an education you can find everything you need to know in yourself" is your proof that American culture hasn't always been deeply anti-intellectualistic?

At leas point at Ezra Pound and T.S.Eliot (who both emigrated lol)

was grandpa ezzy right, Veeky Forums? was he right all along?

>As someone working in my field I am aware of the problems within my field

I don't know what you are about but James Baldwin is an incredible writer and I'll fight anyone saying otherwise.

>a can prove a global trend based on individual data points in the one city I happen to live in

When is Chad Harbach out at N+1?

He didn't even know the half of it. Our boy H.P. knew what was up

>Emerson? Really? The guy who went to Harvard to say people "you don't need an education you can find everything you need to know in yourself" is your proof that American culture hasn't always been deeply anti-intellectualistic?

Fight me irl :^)

>anti-academia = anti-intellectual

I wish you'd kept writing for another five lines. This had the potential to be a lovely copypasta.

Trascendentalism is crass protestantism for philosophy. "Who needs to read lol, you just need to think"

And in fact no one cares about Emerson outside of the US, like shit tier level philosopher if there is one.

I'm boxer so any time.

>You need to pay 10s of thousands of dollars to recieve a piece of paper so as you can read books on your own

The Jews really did a number on you

baldwin was before stein my fag

"What do you do, user?"

"I box and post angry things about Emerson on a Guatemalan shadow puppet forum, d-dont fawn too hard"

Spot on and everyone wonders why contemporary lit is in the state it is. Then again...
>ywn bend a smokin' hot coed desperate to be published and prove herself to daddy over your desk
Why live?

That's an argument against college tuition, not of the value of living in a community dedicated to studying philosophy or literature.

>not of the value of living in a community dedicated to studying philosophy or literature.

You're incredibly naive if you think any college on Earth resembles this description

I've studied in britain, france, germany, italy besides the US.

That's a pretty accurate description.

In new york alone there is numerous groups of grad student from columbia nyu new school that meet every night to read the classics and discuss them.

>O'Rourke
>WASP
the Irish aren't even white you soy

Does anyone really wonder why jews in the past were never allowed to have power and whenever they did obtain any were immediately removed from it? I mean, jesus, haven't like 75% of these perversion/rape/molestation removals been jews? Who are what 2% of the population?

>That's an argument against college tuition, not of the value of living in a community dedicated to studying philosophy or literature.

Put down the gloves, friend. You can't afford any more hits to the head.

Sorry bud but you wasted a ton of money and time on what you could have got out of any second rate internet forum. People meeting up to LARP as intelligensia and regurgitate trite Jew friendly right-think is not what I consider reading

The whole WASP decay is pretty dumb idea. WASP has shit ton of money, but their children are completely squandering the possibilities because american anglos never valued art. The puritan in the culture makes it consider a second rate occupation since it's not useful and doesn't do money.

lol i knew someone was going to mention this

It is true, they are sick in the mind due to inbreeding. It doesn't just have physical consequences but it makes their brains neurotic and damaged.

The truth we always knew is coming out

>WASP has shit ton of money, but their children are completely squandering the possibilities because american anglos never valued art. The puritan in the culture makes it consider a second rate occupation since it's not useful and doesn't do money.

You do realize that this is precisely the same argument made by the group that replaced WASPs, correct? It's so false, so easily defeated by countless examples of cultural advancement during the 19th and early 20th century, that I'm beginning to think that you might be a member of the group that sought their fall.

Indeed. Their cult of a culture doesn't help either.

Dunno dude, you seem to me pretty bitter by having missed out on educational opportunities and now you are trying to convince yourself that conversing on Veeky Forums is the same as following lectures by someone who dedicated their life to studying Kant.

If you want to believe that suite yourself, but to anyone else it's obvious that it's nothing but wounded resentment.

Sounds like he had literally the best job ever. I would let them cut my foreskin off if I got to plow hot young chicks and then do mental gymnastics to defend publishing their tripe.

Build your strawman elsewhere, I actually have a degree from one of the top philosophy departments in Europe. I learned more on the bus listening to lecture than I ever did taking a step on campus and my classmates were none too impressive even in comparison to your average reddit poster

*who dedicated their life to CLAIMING they've been studying Kant.

How the fuck is it false? They are rich. They just spend all their money and time making start-ups and becoming wall street traders.

Who is stopping them from starting a press? A magazine. I mean if there were great WASP writers what is stopping the New Criterion or the Time Literary Supplement from talking about them? Why is Roger Scruton not talking about them? Or James Woods?

Why can John Gray be published but not them?

The answer is because they are not doing it, they have no interest in culture because WASP culture is interested only in money

I doubt anyone who has studied philosophy in europe could have such an ahistorical take on philosophy. If you had said the US sure, I would believe you. But if you get a degree from a european institution without a keen sensibility about the role of history in the philosophical discourse you were skipping class.

Why do you think that no one reads and they only brag about reading?

Oh great, start with the Greeks. Cheers academia

> Who is stopping them from starting a press?
They started nearly all of them, moron. The issue is they were taken over by kikes who use them as their personal harems from which to publish culturally destructive trash.

god, what a fat prick, and bald to boot

>consensual
How is it consensual when this guy is a literal gatekeeper? The dude obviously used his power as leverage to get pussy. These women slept with him because they thought it would be an exchange. And chode-brain that he is, decided not to correct them. If you think there's nothing ethically wrong with that then maybe get your shit checked.