Why do girls prefer audio books so much? Any time I tell my wife to read something she listens to it instead...

Why do girls prefer audio books so much? Any time I tell my wife to read something she listens to it instead. She last listened to Blood Meridian, which I can't even imagine doing.

>why do women prefer low effort activities
you have a long way to go padawan

I have noticed more men do this than women, along with podcast use. I think you are conflating your personal anecdote with a larger population.

As far as why do people prefer audiobooks, my answer would be "commutes and exercise"

What's wrong with listening to Blood Meridian? That sort of language stands to benefit from being read aloud, no?

Statistically, women read more than men. Mostly trash, but they do read it.

I had to read BM very slow or I got lost quickly. I can't imagine trying to keep up with a narrator, maybe that's just me.

That's a good point. I'm sure the audio format works quite well for it, but it's much more dense than the ancient texts it borrows its style from, and probably ought to be read in its entirety first before listening to it.

I don't know where you're pinpointing women. Millenials in general prefer audiobooks

Because that's what I've noticed. I just used one example, but of all the people I know that read, almost all the women have audible accounts as opposed to book collections.

Blood Meridian audiobook I had is well made.
I turned on a lot of people to audiobooks because it is a GOOD WAY TO READ WHILE DOING THINGS
>his gf doesn't cook him dinner while listening to audiobooks

>READ WHILE DOING THINGS

stop it

multi-tasking meme

Unless it's a text that is dense with meaning that requires serious contemplation after every sentence I don't see how audiobooks seriously take away from the experience. Sure, sometimes readers can misrepresent the emotional tone of the passage but aside from that it's mostly the same end result.

Because they don't prescribe non-existent merits to effort??

If you listen to an audiobook you haven't experienced the book. The way you can drift in and out of attention in an audiobook isn't conducive to deep reading

> not being able to pay attention to two things

lol

STFU Todd

>women

It's easier, you don't have to strain your eyes.
I got into books by listening to them, but all books were not in audio form and even then not all of them were good so I had to start reading.

What's with this Jenny holzer tier meme

They've evolved to listen when a man is speaking.

Reading is too much of an abstraction to them.

You shouldn't see is as a replacement for reading but just more reading. It's more practical during a commute, walk, doing the dishes etc.

I walk about 100k a week since I've discovered audio stuff, I'm a healthy boy now.

>a commute, walk, doing the dishes etc

Most of Veeky Forums are unemployed and live with their mothers. They don't understand the concept of having other things to do.

Not all men are soldiers. I agree those "girly thoughts" are cringeworthy tumblrina trash, but they don't apply just to women. I could find plenty of cringeworthy (albeit in a different way) facebook posts by men and juxtapose them with photos of soldiers to the same effect. What you're really showing here is a schism between soldiers and civilians, not men and women.

I see penis between my legs and enjoy listening to audio books too, what now?

this pick would be more powerful without the american welfare queen oil jockey shabbos goyim

bruh so because your dumb ass wife listens to audio book you think women generally prefer audiobooks? im a dude and i love them as much as i love regular books. quit being a fucking faggot

Most guys in the military now have not done anything worthy of respect. Most don't ever see any combat and treat the experience like college but with a few more rules to follow.

Because girls are DUMB and STUPID

Why the fuck would anyone listen to some guy reading a book to him? Are you 5 or mentally retarded?

Read and concentrate on a fucking book, it will be 10 times more effective

Cut off your dick.