Let’s settle this Veeky Forums

Let’s settle this Veeky Forums

Which cuisine, reigns supreme?

Fried Rice and Lo Mein
Vs
Sushi and Ramen

Attached: 951A1FB2-EEF3-4074-8AD2-B46311AD7E4F.jpg (820x461, 31K)

Indian is the suprerior Asian cuisine.

You misspelled Vietnamese.

Attached: Ca Loc Kho.jpg (500x286, 46K)

Thai is best but
fried rice >
Sushi >
Easy.

japan easily, smogbreathers can't compete with perfection

Attached: jiro widescreen.jpg (1920x830, 203K)

>chinese food
that's like saying 'European food'

what an absolutely meaningless comparison and worthless thread

Szechuan, you complete fuck up. This isn't even a discussion.

Korean

Chinese food is so far beyond Japanese that's it's basically ridiculous that you'd even make this shit thread.

Chinese is better since it has more regions and each region has it's own take on food. Japan's food is pretty much the same all over with minor changes here and there. Since japs are suckers for sweet shit over any kind of spice it kills off a lot of their food into sameish tasting.

The best that Japanese has to offer > The best that Chinese has to offer
Run of the mill Chinese >>>> Run of the mill Japanese
These are broad strokes not taking the different regions of said countries in to account.

While Japan's food is unified, you can't put Chinese food into one category since practically every region has a different take on their cuisine.

China is far too diverse and variable for this to be a fair comparison, but if one had to pick Chinese easily wins.

That being said, Thai and Vietnamese are neck and neck for superior Asian cuisine. Indian is horribly underrated as well.

completely wrong, Japan is extremely diverse regionally in terms of food culture. not so much as china but the people handwaving it as an easily known quantity ITT are wrong.

This is the only correct order:
Japanese>Chinese>SEAmonkeys>>>>Korean

Where the fuck did you eat then last time you went to japan? Food was so sameish from Tokyo to nagano, to Hiroshima To Enoshima. Japanese food is very sameish if we are talking common dishes for 600-1300 yen. Sure if you want to start going into some of the Hida sections to find those really obscure places for food sure, but the common food is really bland masked with fats, oils, and broth.

All the actually edible food in Japan is just slightly altered Chinese food

It's good, I enjoyed it a bunch. Though I found the best food was japanese take on recreating american styles of food and boy can it get interesting.

Just understand
>very spicy is considered Tabasco level heat
>Food generally has a lot of oil in it
>artificial flavors are common or food is sweetened
>Meat is kinda expensive so expect some/a lot of tofu additives
>veggies are rare so expect more carbs than them
>food is prepared with how it looks, or effort put into it over how much you get or taste

I'm going back again next month, really looking forward to some street foods, Lawsons/familymart meals, and restaurants I picked out last time to visit again.

Ramen is stolen lo mein, japs just cant pronounce L.

go to any little shokudo in different parts of the country and yes, they will have staple dishes but there is also almost guaranteed to be some local variation or specialty on the menu, if not more. this is even more easily seen in izakaya. i can only assume you ate at yoshinoya for every meal.

Japanese for everyday meal. Chinese is better for special occasions.

Eh. I lived there for 18 months and it was novel at first but once you settle into a routine of grabbing whatever the conbini has on offer or stopping at hidakaya on the way back home it gradually loses any appeal it might once have had, with only the occasional trip to uobei for reasonably priced sushi bringing any excitement. Street food is always gud but head to ueno and the best on offer is still chinese.

Ramen is primarily defined by the broth. Lo Mein is dry. Completely different dishes.

It's not like chinks don't have noodle soups either. Idiot. Baka.

>local variation or specialty on the menu

Yeah they do, but that doesn't mean it's game changing. It's like going somewhere and getting a cheese burger and they swap out the bun for some other type of bread, and doesn't wildly change anything worth noting. Obviously there are variations like some places in Osaka where there is a lot of culture mixing so you'll get some really interesting ramen style dishes, but usually those boast about India/Vietnamese/etc infused Japanese dish.

>this is even more easily seen in izakaya

To an extent but you don't usually go to izakaya's for the food, it's usually for drinks with friends with smaller dishes to share. Not sure why you would go there to boast about foods...

Food that is national dishes of Japan are fairly plain and all around same-y, there isn't much variation in native dishes, and when stuff changes too much those Japs clam up quick. China has had much more influence and is spread out enough due to it's geography to have much more varying food.

> i can only assume you ate at yoshinoya for every meal.

The only good thing about that place is the 500 yen bottle of beer + beef strips, other than that 0 reason to go there

hui mian >>>> ramen

>Street food is always gud but head to ueno and the best on offer is still chinese.

Yeah I really liked Ueno park getting food around there and watching the fish and such. The china town in kobe is pretty good too, and some of the shops under the railways near aki aren't half bad. Kamakura was still pretty nice on the weekends for the events to try things.

I don't hate japanese food what so ever, but if I had to choose chinese food or japanese food, chinese would win hands down.

Japanese meal
>umami broth, probably miso
>maybe a small grilled fish or a little bit of meat
>some tofu
>pickled vegetables
>rice

Chinese meal
>meat based broth, probably chicken
>maybe a white cooked chicken
>maybe a whole steamed fish with oil & aromatics over it
>maybe some chinese sausages laden with msg
>maybe some takeout char siu or takeout pork belly
>a steamed vegetable dish
>a fried vegetable dish
>rice
>maybe fried rice
>maybe a noodle dish

That's just in my experience. Chinks handle meat a LOT better. In Guangzhou they do good fish & seafood too.

>To an extent but you don't usually go to izakaya's for the food

The main draw of Izakaya being food is quite common.

Whether it's authentic or americanized, Chinese.

Yakitori chicken or sushi, at the highest level, is the nicest thing you could possibly eat.

Yeah in the US that is common, but the main focus is usually just for drinking with a group of people. Obviously you can get some decentish food there, but generally it's just for people wanting to have some drinks. I don't recall any one i went to with my friends, and had noted the food being exceptional.

Chinese food and it's not close at all

Wish I had more Chinese food options where I lived

Attached: 1516771228766.jpg (1249x1524, 1.24M)

A year or two ago, nobody on this board would have said chinese food is too diverse to compare. Things really do change.

>ck is one person

Japanese by a decent margin imo. Didn't care for the food much while in China.

But hey, I'm a weirdo. Most enjoyable food I've had was in small, authentic restaurants in villages throughout Germany and apparently German food is feared and loathed in the culinary world.

>But hey, I'm a weirdo. Most enjoyable food I've had was in small, authentic restaurants in villages throughout Germany and apparently German food is feared and loathed in the culinary world.

It's almost as if you enjoy fatty, non spicy, oily food, both of which german and japanese food share in common.

I actually love spicy food most of all, but there are a thousand ways to get that fix.

Never experienced Japanese food to be universally fatty or oily either.

>reading comprehension