Educational literature

Besides this and How to Read a Book, what other books should be included in this category?

Other urls found in this thread:

people.vcu.edu/~rhammack/BookOfProof/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Culture of Critique by Kevin McDonald is the best you're gonna find

That's it. I'm leaving and I'll never come back.

Soon we will only be Lord Kek's army left :)

Pic Related.

I don't care what you do, if it isn't philosophy Set Theory is better to study then plain logic. Applicable anywhere.

people.vcu.edu/~rhammack/BookOfProof/

Thanks

It takes a while to become fluent but it is ridiculously beneficial in so many ways. I can't believe this isn't taught in schools.

Back to r/the_donald faggot

What's wrong with it?

any more books on rhetoric or are these the peak

Can anyone knowledgable in the specific area propose an equivalent for
modern financial system
contemporary economics/monetary theory and particularly how financial markets/investing work?

Not some useless dogmatic textbook or stpid ideology ridden pop vulgarizing BS.and critically in these matters?

I really like the way this one is laid out. It'll explain a figure or turn of phrase and give a ton of examples in classical literature so it becomes really easy to memorize them.

This is what you want.

Here's an example

formatted with the intention of being a study tool, thanks. would appreciate any more recs if you got any

what exactly is this? why is it so great? it seems to me is that it's a method for efficient studying and learning, is that right?

It's a shorthand system. It enables you to write things down quickly and it's very easy to learn compared to other shorthand systems because it's based on the alphabet.

Hugh of Saint Victor's "Didascalicon"

He said not "stupid ideology ridden pop vulgarizing BS", user.

You reckon this is worth reading, user? The cover design is really drawing me in. Could you provide a picture of the chapter list?

>sowell

If you're studying rhetoric it's a must have.

Economics: A User's Guide by Ha-Joon Chang
It lays out all the major schools of thought in economics
There's a chapter on finance, but it doesn't go particularly in depth
I don't know of any non-dogmatic books on finance but I am looking for one

hmm your quest will not bear fruit, its a dogma unto itself

Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

bump

What is the "how to win friends and influence people" of rhetoric? I want a book which will help me make persuasive arguments.

read aristotle if you aren’t a brainlet, you don’t need anything else

if you are a brainlet, read Classical Rhetoric for Modern Student

Even if you're not a Christian you'll find it useful because the techniques are universally applicable.

How to Read a Poem is great, by terry eagleton

Stop memeing. I found an audio course on rhetoric on itunes. Looking for something similar.
Is trivium what I should be reading?

Yeah we should focus on every other race instead.

The Anki manual, and the supermemo research it cites

anyone have books on improving or getting the most out of memory?

I learned how to do the memory palace with this. It's really good because he holds your hand and basically builds the house with 73 anchors for you and they can easily be used for anything.

;)
thanks. always open to more

>not on libgen

Thou shall not steal

libgen is shit now when half the torrent sites are ded

>intellectual """"property""""
there was another book on memory palaces, something like "moonwalking with einstein" I think. You should find it if you search up "memory palace", it's reasonably famous.

>intellectual """"property""""

Yeah if somebody creates something they have certain rights to it.

this was meant in regards to cattle, food and women, not publishing companies, record labels and movie studios or game developers. Also I'm not a christian I don't care about the 10 commandments

Where do you get this idea that the commandment against thievery is only limited to cattle, food, and women? I have never heard of that before.