Mfw Veeky Forums is a cesspool of pseuds

Post current novel that you are reading, and then explain why you aren't a pseud.

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.fas.harvard.edu/~chaucer/special/litsubs/drama/herod.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>novel
Why would I read that pseud trash. I'm reading the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Dummit and Foote. Math is never a psued activity.

The Infinity War saga by Marvel

Would a pseud intentionally out himself/herself as a pseud?

It is when you don't know jack about math but claim to.

No, exactly.
OP btfo

>not xerself
kys

Do you even know how to read? Checkmate. BTFO.

Microagression game too strong?

Books are for nerds, I'm just here to drop some much needed redpills

Currently reading Demons and Death of the Liberal Class. P good combo desu

soldier of the mist by gene wolfe

i'm not a pseud because i don't jerk off over my self-appointed superiority over other people's preferences and interests and i enjoy being a pleb and doing pleb things and i don't give a fuck who knows it.

Bernhard - Wittgenstein's Nephew.

No need to explain.

> universal entry level algebra textbook

the sad thing is he probably doesn't even realize he's outed himself

I'm reading 3-4 different books because I get tired of one and skip to the other. Plato (currently Philebus); "The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making" Scott Plous; Aristotle "Politics"; Sassure "Course in General Linguistics"

>Umberto Eco - Foucault's Pendulum
I am not a pseud because I bought it yesterday at a used bookstore and made a post about it on Veeky Forums. Everyone knows lurkers are pseuds, anons who participate in discussions are plebs, and thread creators are the true patricians. I'm surprised you didn't know that, OP. Congrats on becoming a patrician.

Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton

The Last Days of Jack Sparks (just finished)

Like Prince Hal, I'm a patrician who occasionally deigns to mingle with the hoi-polloi.

>phenomonology of spirit
everything I do - I do it for dialectic (attention) kekek

>what are you reading
The Brothers Karamazov
>prove you aren't a psued
I'm reading The Brothers Karamazov

>trainspotting
>uh, fuck you?

Canterbury Tales. I recently finished Gawain and the Green Knight and Beowulf.I am just going through classic epic/medieval romance poetry and I love everything I read. Idk if you wanna call me a pseud but legit the only reason I read these is because I enjoy the reading more and more the more I discover. Sounds gay but it seems like the stuff is good for my soul

>Sounds gay but it seems like the stuff is good for my soul
The maintenance of your soul is the only thing that can save you

Gimme one of them redpills, senpai

>prove you aren't a psued
>I'm reading The Brothers Karamazov
Lmao you'e got a lot to learn newfriend

yeah, the whole concept of knightly virtue is so cool... Like when that sexy princess wanted Gawain's dick and came in his room every morning basically begging for it I was like "just do it man". But then you get the gutshot at the end that shows it was all a test from that greenbro. He would've got his damn head chopped off

>Canterbury Tales
Original? What edition

dispensing (you) in exchange for redpills, pls deliver

You should read some of the Corpus Christi plays.

nah not the original I found a copy of the Neville Coghill peguin version at the thrift store. Am I pleb? It's pretty damn great so far

Seems really cool but I'm a bit of a brainlet when it comes to middle english. should I just go for a modern translation or is it that worth it to go for the original?

These three. I'm not a pseud because I embrace the basement.

Le nez qui voque by Réjean Ducharme

join the discord pseud what chapter are you on?

fug... I cannot refute

I've got no knowledge of middle English either. If you can find plays that are well glossed it shouldn't too hard to understand.

sites.fas.harvard.edu/~chaucer/special/litsubs/drama/herod.html

This seems readable at a glance. I read it in the Broadview Anthology of British Literature and it wasn't very difficult, though it took some focus.

Though I've just thought, if you are into epic stuff you've got to read the Battle of Maldon, if you already haven't. That one I had to read in translation. It is very short (incomplete) but it definitely feels epic.

The Corpus Christi plays are more like comic, popular things. But they're interesting, and do deal with serious things.

Because I don't pretend an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status.

I am a pseud, what u gonna do

Im an unsergrad, give me a break = /.

The Trial

It's for an assignment, I've already read Kafka before.

No more Mr nice guy!.

I actually think I was to a certain extent. Not anymore. The trick is to be more grounded.

This and American psycho
I’m not pseudointellectual because I’m not even a regular intellectual
> hiro your captcha a shit

I'm reading crime and punishment.
I think I actually am a pseud because I was ready to explain on an anonymous image board why I'm not a pseud

I have achieved enlightenment, I have grown beyond the ideas proliferated by those people of the past. Why subject myself to erroneous and vague opinions of truth? I am bored and curious.

L'education Sentimentale

I might be

You at Cambridge? We just got finished reading that stuff (bar Beowulf ofc, leave that for those sweaty ASNaC students)

The Crying of Lot 49. You can ask the Oracle at Delphi, and she will tell you that I am, in fact, a pseud.

We're all pseuds here by merit of being here.

I'm not reading a novel. I'm reading Victor Davis Hanson's "The Other Greeks". I don't read a whole lot of fiction.

>I embrace the basement
And how!

The Crying of Lot 49

I actually understand the philosophy I read and am not just trying to rationalize nazism

Epic of Gilgamesh is pseud as fuck

trust me, I'm reading it right now too

The History of England (Hume)
Treastise of Human Nature (Hume)
Poems. (Allan Ramsay)

Someone who reads for the pure enjoyment of reading can never be a pseud.

If you don't know Latin, you're a pseud.

No Longer Human

Cos I'm a brainlet that rarely even posts.

taipei :)
what chu gonna do about it

LOTR: The Two Towers
Clearly not a pseud because I'm reading something I enjoy and have done all my life. Don't need to prove anything with mon choix de livre

"los detectives salvajes" by Roberto Bolaño

I'm quite a pseud anyways. I don't see any shame on admiting that in a mongolian daguerrotypes discussion wordpress.

those three texts are standard reading in into lit classes throughout the west

Growth of the Soil, in Norwegian of course
I don't see how it is pseud

Live and let die

I don't even pretend to be intellectual

1984, Positive Psychology For Overcoming Depression (srs) and Think!

The Road

nothing atm and Im not a pseud bc im a genius who got recognition from a young age so I don't have to overcompensate for my intellect/acknowledgment . Seriously though, treating children well is the most important thing in life. also I do lots of drugs and have a big dick so i get credit where its due

Nice bait.
>Genius
>Too stupid to get understand basic grammar
>Smert, real smert

A Handful of Dust

english is not my native language so correct me. grammar seems correct to me, i just wrote this like i would do for a text message bc i find the dichotomy genius/shit syntax to be pretty hillarious tbqh. im in the back of my chair shitposting on Veeky Forums n writing stupidly. i think its funny. lol. btw why does everyone claim genius in literature/culture/etc but never when theyre confronted by it? honestly asking. i dont care if you think im dumb im just shitposting on an anime board but ive never understood why people would be so hostile towards intelligence, other than jealousy

Harry Potter for big boys like myself.

>current novel
The Sound of Waves
>explain why you aren't a pseud
fuck if I know

mate, no one here is hostile towards intelligence. you're hostile towards literature and possibly yourself for not appreciating it. you also appear to be on the spectrum.

But there was never an intellectual pretense, user. You're not projecting are you?

>current novel
Emma by Austen.
>why I'm not a pseud
Who cares.

"Himself" is used when gender is either unknown or irrelevant.

Reading book about stock trading. I want to gain a passive income so i can be more finacialy stable.

I'm not hostile towards your alleged intelligence. But it's really weird how someone who claims they are intelligent is shitposting on an image board. I would think you would have better things to do.

Also: You're just a pretentious twat.

I'm not currently reading a novel. I'm not a pseud because I'm not pretending I'm reading a novel right now.

>i dont know enough to consider myself a psued

Anne Rice's the witching hour, and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Reading: Lolita
I'm a mega-psued

A Farewell to Arms. I know I'm a psued.

Check your microaggressions, bro.

Not a novel but still gud

>Rereading A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man
>I don't pretend to be knowledgeable

blood meridian, by Cormac McCarthy
this is not mainstream pseud material so i need not justify myself

>patrician
>the hoi-polloi
>the the-many

Brothers Karamazov

I am a pseud

"themselves" you pseud

Improbable Planet - Hugh Ross
It's basically just a dumbed-down collection of apologetics material. So... I am definitely not an intellectual, if indeed reading just the abstract is for plebs.

The Elementary Particles

I went to a top Ivy league college and studied economics so 100% confirmed pleb

Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, Schirer
Too bad I'm still a pseud

I haven't read a novel in awhile
I like to re-listen to Ulysses, there is a lovely performance with a full cast

I’m reading Palomar by Itali Calvino for my dissertation.
I’m not a pseud because I’m not even smart enough to pretend I’m
intellectual

>I don't pretend an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status
This, but with a different emphasis on "for reasons of status". The aloof "smart but lazy" meme gets bitches wet, especially if they are/were humanities/liberal arts majors. Just don't argue with whatever bullshit they believe in.

Have space suit - Will travel

Robert A. Heinlein

I like sci-fi.

But is it oh-so satisfying to call people out on their bullshit.

>I like sci-fi
same
currently reading these:

Heinlein, Robert A - Orphans of the Sky
Wilcox, Don - The Voyage that Lasted 600 Years
Bear, Elizabeth - Dust
Farmer, Phillip Jose - A Feast Unknown
Gibson, William - Spook Country
Ballard, James G - The Drowned World
Banks Iain M - Surface Detail

what is a pseud?

A pseud is basically someone who pretends to know about something but know jack. For example: A Veeky Forums pseud would pretend to know about Marxism, but have never actually read any works by Marx or any analyses of his work (e.g. "muh capitalism is better than your communism")

this started off as an anime website. of course the people here are going to be pseuds. i didn't leave /sp/ the first two years i was on Veeky Forums.