What is Zizeks actual problem with capitalism? I watched many videos and still don’t get it

What is Zizeks actual problem with capitalism? I watched many videos and still don’t get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f9dLcGJ5NI0
youtube.com/watch?v=OabTK7y7d6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine being this fat and thinking your opinion matters

The money-God is too impersonal. Zizek wants a God who is a father-figure, in accordance with his pyschoanalytic leanings.

What's Zizeks actual problem with nation, culture and borders though? I, like OP, watched many videos and still don't get it.

Zizek has classic Marxist critiques of capitalism.

David Harvey does a good job of outlining them

youtube.com/watch?v=f9dLcGJ5NI0

So he’s a crypto-Catholic? Lame.

Classic Marxism states that capitalists ignite ethnic and national conflicts to distract from the international class conflict.

And they’re not wrong, you see. Another time, poor whites were lured into voting for tax cuts for finance speculators with nationalist slogans. Very similar thing happened in Austria.

>what's a marxists actual problem with capitalism?

He calls it the end-capitalism, no progress just continuous production of ideology-fetish until the end of time. Communism or rather radical criticism allows some pov that can offer some other aspect towards some other finality

So he wants to remove it? Lame.

as oppsed to what? Accelerationism? He already rails pretty heavily against accelerationism.
I wouldn't say he's a crypto-catholic and it doesn't play too much into his political views. He tends to keep his philosophy, politics, and theology as separate as he can from what I have read/watched of him. I wouldn't dismiss his views on Christianity either; they are unique enough to warrant at least some consideration.

Let me guess ... he doesn’t specify what that other direction we should be heading in is.

t. Europoor

He does
Piecemeal

he doesn't say it openly, but he has sometimes offhandedly showed that he really likes the state, and would even prefer transnational institutions, so he is basically a hardcore globalist and he wants a huge faceless bureaucracy to contain the dynamics of global capitalism while continuing the dissolution of all tradition and structure that capitalism has allowed

what's funny is that while he wants to bring down all structure, he is quite conservative in his personal life, i think he is just too optimistic about how the dissolution of all structure would still allow any kind of meaningful personal relationships between people

>meaningful personal relationships between people
>implying mr grumps could care less

The idea that you need a specific political system to have meaningful personal relationships is bonkers.

There were meaningful personal relationships in the Middle Ages, in Greece, under Hitler, under Stalin ...

>I watched many videos and still don’t get it.
maybe read his books

I don't think you understand. He is weary against ideologies that shape us in what he considers negative and inauthentic ways.
youtube.com/watch?v=OabTK7y7d6E

>Reading 500 pages worth of what you could put in 50.

>complaining about reading on a literature board

modernity and capitalism have so far destroyed the church, academia, the extended family and it's on its way to destroy what remains of the nuclear family soon. i'm not saying that you can't have a "friend" under capitalism, just that most relationships lose their meaning and slowly melt away.

>With the emergence of proto-industrialization and early capitalism, the nuclear family became a financially viable social unit.[6]

and now it's going away, from the same page:
> In 2000, nuclear families with the original biological parents constituted roughly 24.10% of American households, compared with 40.30% in 1970.[18]

The natural path of capital is to "fetishize" everything into economical value, and without other extrinsic values, price tags galore. The very fact that the nuclear family once had to be economically viable to be viable at all, is the very thing which set it as an expendable / decaying commodity.

damn capitalists, they've ruined capitalism

the nuclear family was not stable and degenerate from day 1, a woman having to bring up kids by herself is going to result in fucked up kids

>The natural path of atheism is to "fetishize" everything into material value

FTFY

Family always has to be economically viable, lest you’re okay with your children starving.

lol just get white folks to pay for them

the traditional family is not the nuclear family. traditionally not everybody got a new house for themselves and their wives, first son stayed with his parents and took his wife in, daughters went to live with their husbands' family, 2nd and up sons could be kind of an issue if you didn't have enough wealth

There is no single "traditional" family in the way you're speaking about without going back to early Hominids. Living structures were always dependent on the environment and culture of a region. In Contemporary Japan its expected as a given that old mother's live with their son and his wife

*scientism
which is a product of capitalism, not to mention how the development of capitalism itself allowed for secularism to develop and spread leading to the decline of the significance in religion and religious belief.

Yeah but don't you see the minute we dialectically subsume religious belief as determined by Capital the game is already lost. The disgustingness of Marx is that he truly is the ultimate Capitalist as even the very resistance itself becomes just another expression of product relations.

>subsume religious belief as determined by Capital
I honestly don't know your point with this. Historically the development of capitalism led to the fragmentation of religious political hegemony and the compartmentalization of religion in ones daily life with the advent of secularism. Do you want us to be content with this and not critique capitalism in any way?