These are the best books of 2017 according to Goodreads users

These are the best books of 2017 according to Goodreads users.

Isn't Fantastic Beasts a movie script, not a book?

It's obviously a book. It's not a novel.

This. Why it was even included shows how retarded the userbase of Goodreads is.

Goodreads, more like Badreads haha

rekt

>what happened

I mean, really?

Damn who knew KC was Veeky Forums

LOL!!! (it means laughing out loud)

Modern commercial fiction isn't much more than unproduced film scripts, so this is really a very natural and logical conclusion for Goodreads users to arrive at. The only reason many people read today is because reading can serve as an easy and portable substitute for a Netflix bingewatch or theatrical experience. Literature truly is obsolete in that it is a completely inefficient and unstandardized way for people to consume a story en masse. Of course it's more beautiful and thoughtful, but this is totally irrelevant in our technocratic age. Reading is passive and requires substantial mental investment; visual media dominates your attention whether you want it to or not.

This list made me realize 90% of Goodreads users are women.

Sounds like a nice place

Hillary Clinton is what happened.

>Goodreads
Dismissed.

That's because 90% of men are to busy working than to read.

Sleeping Beauties has a damn nice cover.

Yet they have time to make up the vast majority of people who play video games and watch sports and various other pass times.

That's because Men don't learn to read you pagan filth.

Alt right troll

I read it, it was horrible, I marked with yellow everytime she blamed someone else for losing and marked in pink everytime she mentioned being a woman.
The whole fucking book was yellow and pink. Mostly pink.

most of these I would only end up having them in my possession if I found them dumpster diving

Well yeah? Does that really surprise you? The majority of people I know who read regularly are women, and a few gay guys. Not even kidding. I used to work at a bookstore and the only straight men who worked there just worked there, didn’t really read much, maybe one book a year if they read at all.

S p i c y

>not valuing your living space more than those books

>Women with bad taste.

Looks like a B&N clearance sale.

women were a mistake

>Modern commercial fiction isn't much more than unproduced film scripts,

This basically. So much of the popular shit these days is an obvious and overwhelmingly transparent attempt to have a movie made.

Oh leave the spergs alone. The only semblance of self respect they have left is being part of a gender that doesn't want them anyway.

Does Veeky Forums even read any contemporary literature? What would you guys pick as 2017 top releases? (not necessarily in those genres that Goodreads suggests...)

I can't contribute because I'm still catching up with the classics...

Michel Houellebecq

When I saw it, I did not even have words.
women can be conservative. This selection is beyond liberal.

>as an easy
reading takes more time

Goodreads is book tumblr, who the fuck needs a virtual shelf?

It's nice for keeping track of what you read and want to read, you can just ignore the social aspects.

lincoln in the bardo was good imo

how much do you want to bet somebody else wrote that kelly clarkson "gag" for her?