Uhhh it says here your studies specialize in the; I'm sorry I hope I don't mispronounce this *clears throat* "Holy...

Uhhh it says here your studies specialize in the; I'm sorry I hope I don't mispronounce this *clears throat* "Holy Roman Empire"... Care to explain?

AAAAAAA STOP IT

It seems there has been a misunderstanding, since in actuality, I studied the Roman Empire in its medieval phase when its capital was based in Constantinople, and certainly not the "Holy Roman Empire".

Out of all the dumb Crash Course-tier "jokes" circulating around Veeky Forums, this one's the worst.

This is honestly like my favorite joke on this board.

thanks Otto

HAHAHAHA THAT WAS REALLY FUCKIN FUNNY, OP. THANKS FOR THIS POST, I REALLY, TRULY APPRECIATE IT

>Alexander
>The Great

stop with the memes already. HRE was the center of the medieval religious world, rightful successor to the roman legacy and powerful as fuck to boot. every single part of the name was carefully thought out and perfectly justifiable

Oh sorry? Is that what I said? Must've been a slip of the tongue. I actually meant to say "Pluralistic German Customs Union."

>all of these people upset about this meme

Best meme on Veeky Forums.

>
>
>

you misspelled "eastern" as "holy"

STOP THIS IT WAS HOLY AS FUCK HAD ROMANS IN IT AND WAS A FUCKING EMPIRE REEEEEEEEEEEE

t. Frederick "Bar-Bar"osa

>I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make these agglomerations neither Holy, nor Roman, nor empires.' And God granted it.

Go to bed Charles

>he's a frenchman
>in germany
>on a german throne
>he claims to be roman
>he takes his "role" very seriously
>he does it because it is the only amount of power & control he will ever have in his pathetic life
>he leaves the decisions to his wife because whenever he gets upset he has an asthma attack
>he leaves decisions to his wife because they interferes with the large backlog of frilly operas he still has to watch
>he will never have a real occupation
>he will never rule a real empire
>he will never be at a healthy weight
>he will never know how to cook anything besides brioche
>he will never be roman
>he will never rule a holy nation

>to boot

Come at me

>intense work out yesterday
>woke up and see this
Holy shit you're killing my stomach user

>STUPID
>FRENCH
>SHITPOSTER

k

>

How come nobody dropped this fucker?

His enemies were too ridiculous.

>Your bantz will never be as savage as his
Guess I have something to aspire to, though.

why did Napoleon reject the notion of heraldry yet wanted to create a line of sons who would be emperors instead of having one elected from merit?

someone photoshop a picture of the map of HRE and the face of Voltaire in this

"A witty saying proves nothing"
Voltaire

*corrects glasses*
"-Actually, that's Holy Roman Memepire"
*tips fedora*

How do i become a Voltaire level memester?

>"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Wait, I'm sorry..... the Byza-whats?

THAT'S IT VOLTAIRE I'M FUCKING YOUR ASS WITH NO SURVIVORS

rolf

Really

Hothead

Is that map from the Economist?

I'd recognize their graphic design anywhere.

>mfw I got banned for Voltaireposting last week

I think it was Voltaire who said "A jingle witty proves everything for my friend and I"

Never happened to me
WE-posting got me banned a lot on the other hand

Seriously getting tired of this shit. All my life since I was 8 fucking years old I've idolised the Holy Roman Empire. I have a the imperial flag on my wall, I have a picture of Charlemagne on my nightstand. I constantly had to correct my history teacher in high school who mistakenly thought that there was a possibility that the Empire of the Greeks could be the real successor of Rome. All throughout my childhood kids would make fun of me for showing them my skills in Latin and German. "Hey Otto" they'd say or "user don't you know that Constantinople is the Nova Roma?"

And now some fucking asshole wants to post that fedora enlightenment douche to shit on the state that preserved the glory of Rome for us. Makes me sick.

Good copy pasta

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh mein Gott.

I can almost see your fragile French frame glowing in the dark, lit by your candle which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a little girl as you once again pen your little satire up and fill in the envelope. Or maybe you don't even fill in the envelope. Maybe you're such a disgusting POLEMICIST that you actually paid for a delivery boy, so you just choose the destination. Oh, and we all know the satire. The "epic" "Sacred Germanic States", isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you write it that you drop your coffee on the floor, but it's ok, your lover will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your fag boyfriend. You are a French fucking fuckup, he's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time in Château de Cirey writing about natural sciences. Just imagine this. He patronized you, and then he thought you were gonna be an artist or a philosopher or something grand, and then you became a POLEMICIST. A pathetic French POLEMICIST. He probably cries himself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how he wishes he could just disappear. He can't even try to talk with you because all you say is ">HOLY >ROMAN >EMPIRE." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

Oh look another ridiculous enemy

Oh god this is my first visit in Veeky Forums in a while. this is glorious