Prayers are literature

Prayers are literature.
What do you think about this change Veeky Forumsizens?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/kjv/1_john/5.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>The current wording that says "lead us not into temptation" is not a good translation, because God does not lead humans to sin, he says
lmao get a load of this guy

i don't quite understand
is he talking about english Lord's Prayer?

You really don't recognize the verse?

English is not the only language my friend. And pretty sure not the main language in the Christian world.
So his question whether this only concerns the English version or not, is very valid and important, since otherwise this does not make much sense, and also, it's probably not the only English translation anyway

Source?

>translations: only by divine inspiration
told you so
t. traditionalist

This is really the stupid the line implies lead us on a good path, not please don't lead us on a bad path. I know it can be interpreted differently but anyone with half a brain can see otherwise

>prayers are literature
They emphatically are not

>Prayers are literature.
Now, if you knew the first thing about Christianity or literature you'd know the Lord's Prayer is in the Gospels, and with the help of a search engine, find the relevant verses instantly, namely Matthew 6:13 and Luke 11:4.
>What do you think about this change Veeky Forumsizens?
The earlier translation of εἰσενέγkῃς, that he intends to change, is the correct one. Greek, Latin (inducas) and Italian (indurre) and English (lead) are perfectly aligned. All the prayer asks is less frequent trials and tests from the Father, which happen repeatedly, for instance in Genesis 22:1, Exodus 15:24-25. Needless to say we can have the Gospels interpret themselves as per Matthew 26:41 and Luke 22:39-40 and again 22:46.

>he told Italian TV
Learn to read.

Exactly. If you're not being lead into temptation your being lead into something else. Evidently the target audience of Berdoglio must be people with less than half a brain.

>Evidently the target audience of Berdoglio must be people with less than half a brain.
So the vast majority, hehe.

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Bible

>tfw it's already "do not let us fall into temptation" in spanish
so nothing changes for civilized people, just anglos that fucked it up at some point

>Padre Nostro, che sei nei cieli, Sia santificato il tuo nome. Venga il tuo regno, Sia fatta la tua volontá, Come in cielo, così in terra. Dacci oggi il nostro pane quotidiano, E rimetti a noi i nostri debiti Come noi li rimettiamo ai nostri debitori. E non ci indurre in tentazione, Ma liberaci dal male. Amen.
>E non ci indurre in tentazione
italians already fucked it up, not sure why spanish plebs have it differently translated

>reading Nag Hammadi Scriptures, about 150 pages in
>still nothing about Demiurge or Sophia, except one line that mentions them
how much more

> even in Russian, it has a single misleading meaning

Just how old is that error?

Try the Apocryphon of John AKA Secret Book of John.

Brazil already used 'let us not fall into temptation'.

>Reciting a translation
>not using the exact words given by Christ for the one prayer he specifically tells us to say

Not sure the new one solves the supposed issue. If he can save us and lets us fall, is he not to blame? It’s like the trolley problem.

Prayer asks God to guide him away from temptation. A mere human, he may choose the wrong path and need help.

It is though

Please post exact words

>Do not let us fall into temptation
That's what the Lord's Prayer in Spanish has always said.
>No nos dejes caer en
la tentación

I didn't know it was that different in English.

in italian it's different too apparently

1 John 5
ABSOLUTELY HERETICAL

The reason why are asking God not to lead us into temptation is because what this identifies is that there is a connection between our spirit and his. Hence why there is a heavenly and earthly trinity, that once realized that are connected, brings heaven to earth. Seeing the divine in the physical.

Hence when we say, "and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil", what we are implying here is that there is a connection of our spirit, and God, that there is a role of indentifying evil. To do so, we need to understand that it is by attributing God as our guide, that we come to know that the spirit is dependent on God so we don't be lead into temptation.

biblehub.com/kjv/1_john/5.htm
"Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 6This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

Πάτερ ἡμῶν ὁ ἐν τοῖς οὐρανοῖς·
ἁγιασθήτω τὸ ὄνομά σου·
ἐλθέτω ἡ βασιλεία σου·
γενηθήτω τὸ θέλημά σου,
ὡς ἐν οὐρανῷ kαὶ ἐπὶ γῆς·
τὸν ἄρτον ἡμῶν τὸν ἐπιούσιον δὸς ἡμῖν σήμερον·
kαὶ ἄφες ἡμῖν τὰ ὀφειλήματα ἡμῶν,
ὡς kαὶ ἡμεῖς ἀφήkαμεν τοῖς ὀφειλέταις ἡμῶν·
kαὶ μὴ εἰσενέγkῃς ἡμᾶς εἰς πειρασμόν,
ἀλλὰ ῥῦσαι ἡμᾶς ἀπὸ τοῦ πονηροῦ.

this one is better than the Lord's prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

just this: clean and simple and profound.

Wasn’t Jesus talking in Aramaic, though? Of course it was first recorded in Greek.

It really is sublime.

Oh yeah you're right, you got me there

But the Lord's prayer is the only prayer Jesus specifically told us to say, that makes it the best in my eyes

The Pope is actually right for once?
Holy fuck, I figured that fucking Neo-Marxist would want to change all references of God to Allah and instead of discussing forgiveness for others, discussing Conquering infidels.

That would make Christianity much more inclusive towards Muslims.
Think of all those possible converts. :^)

I don’t actually believe in the divinity of Christ. I don’t know if God exists, but I am certain that nobody has ever seen or heard him, let alone speak with him.

The might be something like a God (whatever it is), but I’m sure no religion – not matter how beautiful the message, the texts, the prayers – is the real deal.

As for the serenity prayer, I could even remove the “God” from it. What matters to me is this:

Have serenity to accept the things you cannot change (I am having to use this a lot in my country now, for we are living through some dark times)

If you can change something, have the courage to do so.

Be wise to know the distinction between the two possibilities.

That’s all that matters to me. I don’t believe there is a God looking for me or that there will be another live after this. Something that we may call “God” or “Divinity” might exist, but I don’t believe that it is concerned with us humans.

God tempts no one. We pray in this petition that God would guard and keep us so that the devil, the world, and our sinful nature may not deceive us or mislead us into false belief, despair, and other great shame and vice. Although we are attacked by these things, we pray that we may finally overcome them and win the victory.

He's talking about what a good translation of that verse is, the lord's prayer in greek isn't being changed.