Any good anti-work/work refusal works?

Any good anti-work/work refusal works?

Trying to build an ethical case against wage slavery.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2cSUvPgKwig
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working:_People_Talk_About_What_They_Do_All_Day_and_How_They_Feel_About_What_They_Do
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Diogenes
Lao Tsu's Tao Te Ching
Bertrand Russell -Against Work
Marx
Stirner
Meville's Bartleby Scrievner

Probably more but this should keep you busy

i got bertrand russell book for this purpose but it was abou something completely different. also interested. assuming youve read stirner?
inb4 someone who is unironically a stoic

I would prefer not to.

just get a job

abolition of work by bob black

good critique of not just wage-labour but work in general

Adorno has some good work on "free time"

I would prefer not to

any idea where to get that bob black book

Waaaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaah! The Fake """Problems""" of the Spoiled Western Proletariat by Erwin White

>slavery is alright

yikes!

How the fuck is working for decent pay "slavery"? You can file grievances and quit your job whenever you want, you can apply for any job you want, and you're compensated for your time and skill level. Just because you don't particularly like doing something doesn't mean that the expectation to do it is somehow a violation of your rights as a human being. Maybe if you did work instead of just jerking yourself off all day, you'd even feel some amount of fulfillment. But if you really don't want to contribute to a society you're a part of, then how can you expect to also take advantage of all the good things you get from being a citizen? Go live in Antarctica or the jungle or something.

>not understanding hyperbole
>fulfillment
>contribute
go back

Humans are inherently social creatures and work has ALWAYS been a part of human interaction. Maybe it wasn't for "wages", but it has been for survival and making life easier. That core concept hasn't changed. We still are working for our survival and comfort, but in a more indirect fashion.

To say you are anti-work just doesn't make much sense.

In praise of idleness by Russell

it sounds like it's difficult for you to juggle concepts like is/ought, was/is, etc. you should start with the greeks

How about you start with reading comprehension?

Work shall set you free!

TOP KEK!!!!! ROFL !!!!! WAGEKEKS BTFO XXXXDDDDDDD WAGEFUCKS CONFIRMED KIKES!!!!!! XDXDXD

Work was literally invented within the last 5% of human existence cucky

>Parasitekek
>Parasitecuck confirmed

No. It has been around since the beginning of humans, parasitecuck. You think animals just sat down for the slaughter while our ancestors tried to survive? No, they had to WORK for it. Parasitecucks don't understand the concept of work. You do something and you hopefully get something out of it.

t. cuck

Ivan Illich is worth a look.

You mean careers right? Careers are a 20th century invention but work has been around a long time.

Traditional hunter-gathers do useful stuff about 4 hours a day. This includes hunting, gathering, cooking, tool upkeep and taking care of the kids.

It has nothing to do with modern wage slavery.

bartleby teh memvener
whatever-houilebeq

Labour has been around 10k years tops

>parasitecuck
I don't think you can call someone who sits around all day while others work for him a cuck.

Wage slavery isnt so bad. You get paid for work you do. Obviously you don't yield the total value of what you produce, but lets not get into it...

Tax slavery is what totally cripples your ability to save and do other things. Most people are taxed when they make money, when the spend money, and in every way imaginable.

>contribute to a society

I feel so sad for being robbed of the opportunity of saving up for the things payed or subsidized through tax money.

Like oversees abortions, penalties for mistreatment of Indians hundreds of years ago, payouts to convicted terrorists, carbon ponzi schemes, pigovian taxes etc.

t. Canadian

If it was just for things like roads and hospitals I wouldn't care.

I'm not against all forms of taxation. But Income tax is particularly disturbing to me. Also, please don't pretend like taxes pay only for services. Most Western govs are bloated bureaucracies, and though these sorts of things are only small parts of the budget they are particularly insulting if you happen to pay a lot of taxes every year.

Whoa ... I think I did.I guess I can do it.

>Waahh boo hoo I'm too lazy to work!
>I better rationalize my laziness by denouncing the economic system into which I was born!
Just get a job.

At least you get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=2cSUvPgKwig

>working for a corporation that does whatever it can to dodge taxes
>contributing to society
Pick one, and only one.

>Disagreeing with taxes and wanting to dodge them
>Contributing to society
>Not mutually exclusive

Learn to read.

>>Disagreeing with taxes and wanting to dodge them
Laughable.

Be gone, ant.

>against work
>keeping him busy
Hee

>You can file grievances and quit your job whenever you want
You literally can't, given you want to stay alive and not turn to crime.

B-BUT YOU CAN!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT!!! :^)

You realize those types of threads on /r9k/ are just some baiting retard, right?

Even if you build an ethical case against wage slavery, what's the point? I'm more interested in how I can avoid wage slavery as much as possible right now, given the way the world currently is, assuming there won't be a revolution anytime soon.

If more people are aware, society will change eventually

I want to quit my job and I think I'm going to. I have only been there two days and I hate it. Ironically, I don't mind the work and I like my colleagues but the shift is terrible. If it had been the original of 10PM-6AM then everything would have been completely fine. No people. No problem getting there. Nothing wrong. Instead it was changed to 5:30 till 1AM and it's really stressed everything out completely. I have eaten five hundred calories in past two days and didn't brush my teeth before I went to bed yesterday.

I can't deal with change or too much stimuli and working at the mall is hell. I had to clean up people's disgusting food leftovers and I'm a germaphobe. This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't in my original job description and it was changed the day I went to work to what it is now. I just can't do it and everyone I know is going to be disappointed in me and the girl I'm talking to already said she'd be disappointed in me and I'm just really stressed out. I need to eat and I need to sleep but here I am.

You're doing great. Make it through one more week and reassess, but do not quit today. It will get worse before it gets easier. The pain is worth it.

Using your employment to fund your tax obligations to the government is not something you should be avoiding: someone that is not you owns the land you tread upon and would gladly send armed officials to remind you of it should you claim otherwise.
We pay the government to protect is from having to pay local warlords for faux protection, and working a job is part of the process.
Don't be lazy, user

Then hunt for a new job. Sure, beggars can't be choosers, but the market is not so desolate as to have another job out there you could do. Live in Bumfuck, NW? Move to a more populous area, taking out a loan if you must.
There are always options, yet people try and overlook them because it takes effort that they are not inclined to exert

And they died at like what? 30?

>taking out a loan
yess, listen to this wise man

More like 70/80.

People with an optimal lifestyle and diet dying in their prime makes no sense, another civcuck myth

If you didn't die at a young age you had many years ahead of you. Though, sure, there was also this thing called violence.

You really are a prissy little faggot. It doesn't matter what's in your job description, if you work around something involving customers you will partake in all aspects of the maintenance of a storefront. Maybe you get hired to take care of administrative paperwork and finish everything before your shift is over? Good job chief, now go straighten out anything that is ajar in the store front. You get paid to ensure the business operates proficiently so that it may turn a profit thereby justifying your continued employment, and superficial upkeep (like picking up after the fucking slobs that spend money there and ensure you receive a paycheque) is as much a part of it as anything else, because people don't want to shop in a disheveled, disorganized business. You should be happy you even live in a period where people would sympathetically entertain your "germaphobic" faggotry instead of slapping the shit out of you. Would you rather be cleaning the dirt off a carrot you plucked out of the ground?

>file grievances and quit your job
>apply for another job, your company/referee tells them how you "wet the bed" and "jumped ship"

>apply for any job you want
>random panel of interviewers makes arbitrary decision based mostly on gut feel and unconscious biases, hires "confident" chad or stacey, hires for diversity
>finally you get a foot in the door! when the interviewers explained what the job was it sounded like an awesome opportunity- after working there for a while it dawns on you that you were bait-and-switched into an unrelated role unsuitable for your talent/skills/education/career-path... you are already in the role and must navigate changing roles or quitting without leaving a stain on your resume

>compensated for your time and skill level
>the pay is nice at first
>1. you are worked to the bone and it becomes clear that you are not being adequately compensated
>2. you are are forced to do boring, soul-slaying work all day... it is clear that you are being stunted and are wasting your precious time on planet earth
>employers dangle the carrot of promotion in front of you but you never grasp it
>newer employees gain promotions before you do

SUFFER JUST LIKE ME YOU FUCKING NEETS

>newer employees gain promotions before you do
This really does speak volumes to you. You are the problem.

>Dude just move to a more expensive city lmao
Umm...

To compliment OP's question: are there any good pro-work writings?

This. People who compare modern worker conditions to slavery are utterly clueless, typically lazy bums who have either never taken a job seriously or have always landed awful jobs because they were too lazy to secure anything better for themselves.

>living in a first world country
>not just going on bennies

Absolutely disgusting

Works and Days

Neofeudalist are the worst.

that is like saying in the old days that the only people who complain about slavery were the slaves.

Not quite, since, while that's still basically true, slaves "in the old days" couldn't as easily get off their asses and just put more effort into escaping their slavery, like most first world people today can do with jobs. If they wanted to escape, they had to revolt and start a war. i.e. people with jobs today are not like slaves.

Yes, actually. I would enjoy cleaning the dirt from carrots, I think. It was more than that too, though. It was also the schedule which I had already prepared for but was changed last second (quite literally the day I was to work there) and I tried it but I could not accommodate it between everyone. I would have been immensely happy doing the original hours and when I talked to my boss today about it she offered me part time with the same ending hours which was the problem. I put forth the idea of working four hours of overtime each time and it just wasn't able to happen. They were willing to rotate me to something I could deal with and said I was a great worker despite the short time I was there. She also told me that if they ever return to third shift I will be the first person they call.

I was seriously debating whether I wanted to quit or not but the schedule really messed everything up. If our public transportation system here were better or it wasn't as far away as it is (and as dangerous to traverse) I would have done it. It was affecting everyone in my household, though.

I'm now looking for another job that is closer and can fit my schedule. It legitimately bothered me to quit and I would not hesitate at all to return to third shift like I said. The boss and I shook hands and she told me absolutely zero hard feelings and would talk to me if they did the shift I could do.

Prabhupada

He wasn't anti work though, everyone has to work in this material world. But the only work we should do is aggriculture. And God realization

You sound autistic as fuck.

I empathise with your plight.

The normie world is cruel to those like you, but your spergish insights let us examine the world through a valuable, alien perspective.

We should build a reserve for people like you where you can frolick unmolested by the cruel realities of life and devote your existence to your unknowable desires, be they trains or tiles or cataloguing the patterns of the sun.

I understand how I can sound autistic but I'm not entirely sure how that is applicable when the hours were what affected my decision the most. If I could have done it without problem I would have because my boss was willing to work with me and I would have completely accepted that. Hence the third shift stuff where I would have been able to easily get there and get back. I'm not sure how that is autistic.

The obsession with routine. It has to be those particular hours, can't be any other hours etc. etc.

Just the way you presented that. I'd understand if you need to press a button to stop your mum dying or something at a certain time every day, but you didn't give a reason why it had to be those hours and so that, combined with your typing style and germaphobia, makes me assume it's just an autistic fixation on routine.

If I could I would love and protect you in a garden of your own, like a rare flower or pretty butterfly.

I am obsessed with routine, and even two days out of it mine suffered. I barely ate. I barely drink. My bowel movements and urination suffered. Usually I am completely hydrated and have clear pee and drink only water (or the three Powerade Zeroes I allow myself on the weekends as a slight break) but my pee was extremely dark. My sleeping suffered as well.

The hours were only a problem because of my lack of transportation and accommodation of it. Getting a vehicle is hard when I don't have a lot of money and in my state you also need insurance to get a license. I get anxiety when I drive, too. I can get over that and I know I could have gotten over the people dealings too. Like I said, too, if our public transportation were not absolute garbage (my walking would have had to have started an hour before the bus even arrived which I would not have minded because I do enjoy walking) but in order to return on the bus I would have to wait six hours at my workplace and return to my house two hours after that. It would have also taken two hours by bus to get there.

I wish I had been able to do the third shift as I was originally told would happen. If that had happened there would be no problem and I would be asleep right now and going to work tonight with zero issue. I feel like a quitter because I didn't want to quit but I just couldn't do it.

Paul Lafargue: "the Right to be Lazy"

>but in order to return on the bus I would have to wait six hours at my workplace and return to my house two hours after that. It would have also taken two hours by bus to get there.

Gotta do what you gotta do, my man. You're just making le excuses! ;^)
t. Actual Unironic Republicans

t. Illegal

What do you mean by careers? Did the specialized butchers, blacksmiths, coopers, etc. of the Middle Ages in their guilds not have careers?

The amount of work days per year those people put in comparison to people to is roughly half of what the modern person does.

Yeah that sucks. It's the money-printers robbing us blind, right?

I feel like I am making excuses but I don't think I could mentally stand twenty hours away from my house. I could barely stand eight and prior to this barely stand even four.

Bankers quite literally rob people via their lending all the time.

But the effective labour of the contemporary economy is tied to the rapid multiplication of capital. This capital could be financial, human or others. It is now possible for many people to work very little and see significant returns on investment. Creating something from nothing just by being positioned properly. Compared to other social structures of accumulation in history and under developed areas of the world now, this is possible for a greater numbers of individuates. So fuk u.

Not quite what you were asking for, but I'd really recommencd Studs Terkel.
Extremely interesting book, that still holds up well today; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working:_People_Talk_About_What_They_Do_All_Day_and_How_They_Feel_About_What_They_Do

>t. wagie

How about this? Your employers sell information about you and your customers to other companies without your permission. Your employers spy on you for the government and other larger corporate bodies without your permission. Your employers steal from you constantly, billions of dollars a year in unpaid overtime. Your employers treat you like equipment and you hate this and it hurts your quality of life that they do. Your employers do not empathize with you and would not be saddened if you died. Your employers are beholden to shareholders who are literally gigantic mutual funds that represent the interests of private wealth management firms which represent private unnamable illuminati banking families. your employers cooperate with intelligence agencies to put recording devices in all their software and hardware releases. Your employers collaborate with other firms to make the cost of living artificially high. Your employers would replace you with 90 iq labor that has nothing to do with you or your culture. Your employers would turn you into a fucking slurry and pay off your family the damages if there were no laws obstructing them from doing so. Your employers would send you into danger or work you to death if there were no laws obstructing them from doing so. Your employers hate you, your employers hate their customers. Your owners, the people who own everything think of you as cattle as food as equipment. Your taxes are INSURANCE that the bonds given to the Fed will be worth something when sold on the open market. You are INSURANCE that they can print dollars to fund tomahawk missiles and chemical weapons that magically end up in Syria. Your employers are invested in banks in china that give loans to factory owners who rape their employees and work them so hard they jump out of windows. Your employers have one foot in the prison-industrial complex and the other in the military-industrial complex. Your employers see you as a rube, they think of you as replaceable nothing like a friend or family member of neighbor or fellow citizen. Your employers go out of their way to not pay their taxes but lobby to make the IRS go after poor people and raise your taxes which is why they supported Clinton and Bush. Your employers think that you should have no rights and would do everything in their power to make the Thought Police real. Your employers send shills onto websites like this because when people are allowed to speak freely they immediately start crticizing capital and the state. Your employers in the past have hired armed thugs to beat you to death for asking for better pay. Your employers threaten you with homelessness constantly and put predators in charge of you who abuse you constantly. Your employers contribute to the political campaigns of politicians who are: murderers, thieves, pedophiles, rapists, drug addicts, drug trafficker, drug money launderers, disgusting lecherous degenerates, gambling addicts and power hungry maniacs

a comprehensive summary

(cont.) your employers intentionally retard the progress of technology so they can make certain profit benchmarks based on long term schedules they make in private board meetings and with financial consultants from their shareholders. Your employers destroy the environment and then lobby to make it illegal to do anything about it. Your employers get the government to buy up resources and then sell them to them at cost. Your employers get massive multi-billion dollar subsidies to do fucked up shit that destroys the sustianability of this nation and never ever pay a dime back often are the same firms that shirk their taxes. Your employers in past times have acquiesced to the whims of authoritarian regimes and would turn on you in a second if they had a gun in their face. Your employers exploit loopholes and shortcuts in the human psyche to fuck with their customers and you. Your employers hire MKULTRA military intelligence connected firms like Mckinsey & Company to train their management to be psychopaths and to make you behave even more like a rat in a skinner box. Your employers think of you as barely sentient that's why you read off of schedules and charts to know what to do at your job. Your employers purposefully lock you away from the source code that runs everything in your companies so you can't improve production. Your employers purposefully put out products that are addictive and that do not work so that customers get caught in long chains of anxiety and desire that they can't alleviate easily. Your employers collaborate with NGO's, intel agencies and the State Department to push cultural engineering agendas to you and your customers. Your employers neuter your sexuality, if you like a co-worker and they like you and you get caught fucking you're both fucked. They control your sexuality, your thoughts, your friendships, your outfit, what you can say to people. Your employers do not respect you, they do not like you, they do not sympathize with you. Your employers have to TRAIN management to treat you humanely. Your employers sell information about your performance to research firms that MAXIMIZE your productivity by tweaking stimulus responses in your daily routine.

>effective labour of the contemporary economy
There is more to life than money.

>Not knowing he's on your side

Read the comment he was replying to. Now read his comment. Fucking retard.

You mean benefits? You know you owe those, right?

Just run your own business lmao

GUY DEBORD