What’s a Good Book About Being Trans?

I want to read a book from an author who really knows what my experience is like.

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

d-d-dolloway

sys.Veeky Forums.org/lit/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=10374498
All request threads for adult content belong on /r/, and all request threads for work-safe content belong on /wsr/, unless otherwise noted.

Not even shitposting.

Confessions of a mask

if you're not just shitposting
why not read one of the books written by actual transgender people?

How many people got to tap that boipussy at the post rally after party?

Something about how gender is a social construct therefore transpeople can't technically exist because their gender identity isn't predicated on anything objective

any more books like this Veeky Forums? toxic parents by dr susan forward seems to get people to recognize they've been abused but no effective methods of reconciliation or forgiveness.

>gender is social construct
>therefore gender does not exist
it's astounding, the way you think so logically

>gender is a social construct
>trans people claim to have been born the wrong gender and thus need corrective surgery
being trans betrays a gender essentialism that is completely undermined if you believe gender is performative

Thats the worst thing ive ever seen

We're almost all born of either the male or female sex, society assigns us a gender, we identify as belonging to a particular gender
These are the factors at work as far as i see it
I don't think there's any reason someone can't identify as male in gender terms, while being of the female sex, and so want a sex change to sort out what feels like an imbalance. Of course implicit in this is some idea that 'being' male means, among other things, having a penis, which is what you've so astutely noticed. But there's no inconsistency there: you can think gender is socially constructed and still subscribe to the general ideas of that construct. I would say again you're not allowing yourself to see how 'real' social constructs are. You see the words 'social construct' and your implicit metaphysical biases make you automatically categorise that thing as 'less than real'
On the other hand, desu, i personally look forward to a world with total gender fluidity in which it would be the case that a trans person couldn't make the intellectual subscriptions you think are inconsistent

self made man

the only real trannies are butch dykes.

the bible will help you

Is this book going to end in a “Poor Little White Girl (Guy)” way?

My Plight: The Tragedy of Life
Ashlyn Zer'kin

I read it on KU, pretty short.

Imagine being incredibly image-conscious and wanting to be special for not doing anything. Now make up some bullshit identity complex and choose to identify as a dragon or a toaster, tell the world that it is unfair to socially label you as human. Watch critically thinking adults everywhere stop caring what you think about anything.

There. Now read something with substance.

Gender and sex are the same thing. This is a nonsense distinction that you kiddos have drawn because it's not new and special enough to just be gay or effeminate or butch or eccentric. Now you've made up concepts that don't exist and expect the world to pander to your image consciousness. Grow up and develop actual reasons to be interesting.

Whipping Girl by Julia Serano is the only book that even approaches readability and it still has some stupidity in it.

What if
hrrr, straining my brain
What if
ararrgh
What if gender is a poorly understood amalgamation of essential traits and performative traits?

color me surprised when that freak kills himself

Having both gender identity disorder and whatever the fuck therianthropy is I can say safely they're not the same thing.