Hi Veeky Forums I have never read a book outside of school and I want to change that by making literature my new hobby...

Hi Veeky Forums I have never read a book outside of school and I want to change that by making literature my new hobby. I usually dedicate my free time to film and music but Ive been feeling like I ought to broaden my horizon.

So what should I start with? If it helps at all to know my tastes David Lynch and Miles Davis are favorites of mine.

>another underage pussy wants to start reading for the new year but wants to be spoonfed

Fuck off and leave this place

Why are you so hostile? Do you always look down on people who ask for advice? Thats not a healthy way to live.

>are you really getting mad at me for asking to be spoofed wow just wow so rude and condescending

The resources exist for you to feel the hobby out on your own terms and if you were actually enthusiastic about reading you'd just pick up a book and start doing it. But you aren't, you're a milquetoast soyboy who needs to be told how to enjoy things. So you're useless and stupid and you need to leave.

I'm sort of in your position OP. I used to read all the time but I've slowed down over the years and I'm trying to get back into it. I just finished reading East of Eden and I liked it a lot.

Is advice spoonfeeding? I think youre just being overly sensitive and defensive which is understandable if youre the type of person I think you are.

>Do you always look down on people who ask for advice
Welcome to Veeky Forums
Start wirh Hesiod

>obligatory house of leaves
this book is actually pretty good for starting, as intimidating as it might seem to begginers

That book is awful, Ligotti if you want horror

start with the greeks

just because the book is mainly horror, does not mean you can only judge it on the basis of how unnerving/scary it is

Who said that? The Navidson tape layer was the only good part, author trips over his own feet trying to make it deep

i mean idk I enjoyed Johnny's sections a lot

there you go OP. probably wouldn't start with the odyssey but everything else on that list should give you a feel for what you may or may not enjoy reading.

thanks fellas

Start with the presocratics then move until harry potter IV

>vague insult with some implicit allusion to muh intelligence

You are exactly what I thought you were. Can you post a picture of your body and maybe a list of your personal accomplishments? It's always nice to see faggots like you trying to compensate for your inferiority complex that you're living out and it would be nice to see my hunch confirmed.

>David Lynch and Miles Davis are favorites of mine.
He is waiting

Victor Pelevin

let’s say I’m in a similar situation to OP and my favorite directors are Bresson and Rohmer and I also like Stars of the Lid, and I don’t hate /mu/core. Where should I start on literature?

I’ve actually read some of this, One hundred years of solitude is what made the best impression

>blames someone for an inferiority complex
>projects like a sperging autist at someone asking for advice

you truly are an insufferable cunt. I can tell you haven't even read a book yourself

Start with Catcher in the Rye and 1984. they're the only two books Veeky Forums has actually read for the most part and they're pretty different yet valuable books

>they're the only two books Veeky Forums has actually read
Speak for yourself nothing makes me reee more than pleb projection

relax, retard. nobody is accusing you personally of being /nobook/
although your seething rage makes you sound like you've read 3 books and I've just accused you of only reading 2.

Go to lancemanion.com and read the "great ball of fire" story. You're welcome.

Go chronologically. Start with Gilgamesh

Fucking hell user stop projecting and venting already and piss off.
If you don't like these kinds of threads then filter them or just skip them.