Was László Krasznahorkai molested by a paragraph as a child?

Was László Krasznahorkai molested by a paragraph as a child?

Kek. I know the feeling. Good shitpost.

and check'd.

>Quietly, continually, the rain fell and the inconsolable wind that died then was forever resurrected ruffled the still surfaces of puddles so lightly it failed to disturb the delicate dead skin that had covered them during the night so that instead of recovering the previous day's tired glitter they increasingly and remorselessly absorbed the light that swam slowly out of the east.
>Bruised and battered, the child's fingers as thin and white as the bones of his father dead and buried in the yard two summers past (though summer the word had been forgot winter and winter ago) peeled at blighted potato with nails bitten and chewed some in anger but hunger most, sustenance to preserve the shrunken and juvenile form of Kraznahorkai, growth a word reserved for only disease.
>"You have potato little Laszlo. Now you will taste meat." The sardonic grin, a horror ineffable to the child unschooled in writ or speech, who's terrors to his mind knew only the forms of screams and ghostly shapes, madness and fear boiled to their noumenal forms, unshackled by language, horror a priori.
>But the child would come to know what words and speech writ slant upon the walls of his soul contain within their bounds. What concept born to latin and greek, alien and unconscionable to the child that knew no history or future, only a scream stretched taut through time, the name of his accursed, the demiurgic nightmare laying prey upon him since paw was struck dead in the frozen dirt of the yard by the selfsame. The paragraph, leviathan of old, pressing down the childs face and neck into the rotting boards of the cold floor, tearing into the child, writhing and screaming beneath his heavy thrusts, his hands against Laszlo's face littered with flecks of his father's brain.

I always thought of Krasz's technique as labouring the reader to give a sense of the struggle of life, and the way his sentences seem to correct themselves an indicator of the slippery path language leads to chaos, or maybe they're just neurotic, but even thats good; the use of the descriptive, meandering sentence with a soft-of "punch" on the end most reminds me of Kafka. And even when he ends a sentence, he'll often burst right into the next one, leaving no rest.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I love him all the same. Fuck seiobo there below tho.

it took me a few chapters to get into war and war but once i did his style seemed so readable to me that other authors seem annoying with how much they stop for periods.

I thought Seiobo was his best tho?

Is Satantango worth a read? I loved the movie.

seiobo is his best, but it's not his best translated

some people prefer his much more melancholic work (especially his collaborations with bela tarr)
I for one think Seiobo is his best work but maybe hungarians know something I don't

it's incredibly good
I put it off and read the other books first because I had liked the movie so much but the book really is at least as good if not better than the film

What dyou see in it that I'm missing? Srsly curious. I just found Krasz's whole style without payoff for a lot (but not all of) the chapters. Like, I got reaaaaal bored by all the descriptions of Ise Shrine or the amida Buddha.

Is this...real?

Seriously making me second guess getting this book. I was interested because I am writing a carnival scene in my own work and have seen the movie.

Checked and kekked

good effort

Far too many periods in this.

Could anyone explain the Prince to a poor brainlet? Loved the book but I don’t know if I understood any of it.

No, I think that’s something user wrote. Krasznahorkai’s prose is fantastic.

I liked the long, drawn out paragraph sentence hybrids. It works well for the bleak atmosphere he was setting.

Krasznahorkai doesn't have a book called the Prince.

I mean the guy called the Prince in Melancholy of Resistance.

Oh, I took him as a representation of outside regimes like the Nazis and communists and their influence in Hungary. I thought the mailman character represented the willingness of individuals to work with outside forces to destroy their own communities for personal gain.

Igen
IGEN

I see, I wasn’t too far off then. Though I wouldn’t say Valuska joined the men for personal gain, he was very much forced into it, wasn’t he? It seemed to completely destroy him, too. Maybe something along the lines of how easy it is to get preassured into doing something you know is wrong when enough people are doing it?

Have you read the US Constitution?
The entire thing is a run on sentence. Its hard to know when your on a roll or if your just not using you're periods correctly.
Everything they teach you in grammar school is a lie.

god, i'm not that fucking bad am i?

christ, i need to rethink my life.

I finished reading Seiobo a second time, a few weeks ago.
From my first read, I remembered the book as indulging deeply in the enjoyment of art.
But this time it turned out quite differently. In all the stories I felt a deep struggle indeed to enjoy art; but often a failing struggle. A lot of works just seem lost to us, in our time. The narration goes great lengths to achieve deep immersion into an artwork -- this is Krasznahorkai’s style of long, long-winded sentences. And this is an attempt to recreate what the Akropolis, or a relatively unknown trunk decoration from the Renaissance, or a complicated Shinto ceremony once meant.

user mimicked krasznahorkai's style and wrote about him being raped by a paragraph that killed his dad