Permanently broke off from friends I've had since high school

>Permanently broke off from friends I've had since high school.

Books for this feel?

When wake up he does, in for a surprise he will be.

just deal with it, you burned a bridge, you can't cross back over through catharsis. stop asking for "feels" you child.

Surprise

More or less curious if some actual lit exists covering this instead of some trash self-help book.

Bump because I'm in a similar situation. I live quite a distance (30km) from most of my high school friends so connections have naturally worn off due to inconvenience of meeting up regularly. I come from a different valley and the mentality in my valley is a bit more rural than in their more urban valley, which is why we don't have exactly the same values. They have always considered me a bit too logical and straightforward. They don't say it but i can surely feel it.
There's just one ex-classmate who still contacts me and I usually see some other ex-classmates/ex-friends when I meet him. We're 27 years old now and that friend has just got a child so I'm tempted to finally break off, but I'm reluctant. The reason is, I don't move through life quite as fast as them and my parents have instilled more traditional values and sense of connection with nature in me as is normal for my region.

Just realize your friends are only your "friends" because you attended a mutual venue out of some other preoccupation for your going there. And this is how it will continue to be in your working life. Maybe if you end up working with someone at the same place on the same shit for twelve years you'll rekindle the feeling, but don't hold your breath. School is the anomally, technically speaking.

catch in da rye

My diary desu

Adults don’t have friends you fucking child

Obviously this.

This
Friends are for women and children

This but unironically

I'm interested in hearing more about how two valleys 30km apart can have such distinct cultures. Is this in North Carolina?

The valley i live in is more like a large basin, surrounded by mountains and high plateaus. It was isolated from the rest of the country until 1700s. We have our own mythology and micro-culture. Being from this valley has become synonymous with being used to the coldness and harsh conditions as well as having a distinct worldview.
For example, if i say it's cold, people sometimes say that it must be really cold if a person from that valley said that.

I wont say which valley, but it's in central Europe, Alps.

I am extremely interested in which valley you're talking about, or at the very least which country. If you're worried about being doxxed, I doubt anyone is going to find a directory of the entire 1000-some-odd population and deduce which one you are.
Please, as a linguistics/anthropology double major this is really interesting.

Bohinj, in NW Slovenia.
It's antropologically and (even) geographically insufficiently researched. What is know is that people lived here before the slavic people came from the east. This place has also resisted christianisation for a long time, and for this reason there are still many pagan elements in our culture/folklore.

There's also a kind of geographical "triangle", encompassing the lake and some surrounding mountainous areas, somewhat similar to the Bermuda triangle. Every year at least a few people disappear without a trace. Nobody wants to speak about it academically but it has been on the national news a few times. Some areas are very porous and it's quite possible those people strayed from the walking paths and fell into unexplored caves, which are many in this area.

>such is life in Papua New Guinea

Ecuador ?

Well yeah they get sold to rich white men in the US, it's not hard to find them one is in the white house

Why the fuck do these stupid threads keep popping up on lit? what the fuck do they have to do with books?