We all love being miserable, but let's cheer up and remember the best parts of our lives

We all love being miserable, but let's cheer up and remember the best parts of our lives.

Write about the happiest moment you experienced in your life.

i was sitting in the Burger King (Aus: Hungry Jack's) on the corner of Bourke and Russell Street with my wife. we'd just been to a goth shop called Lucrezia / De Sade and bought some magazines, including an issue of Amelia G's "Blue Blood".

in it, she reviewed an SF anthology called "Technosex", collected by Cecelia Tan, and she selected one story for particular praise.

a story written by me.

i had a kind of cerebral orgasm. someone i'd never met who had nothing to gain from it, had approved of something i'd written.

Remembering the happiest moment in my life is consequently one of the main reasons I'm depressed

I was about 9 or 10 years old, and I got a phone call. It was my friend. His family was going to see a movie, and he invited me to come along. That was the first time I felt a sense that other people liked me, and it was really nice.

I was 16 because it was my 16th birthday. I had just grown boobs and even more recently bought a blue sundress in Chicago. my best friend and I had Spanish summer school in the morning and after that she bought us sandwiches and we drove in her old blue VW with crank windows to a nature preserve to picnic and smoke cigarettes. I unbuttoned my dress down to the waist and the sun was warm on my skin. we were the only people for miles and we were eating raspberries

weak and histrionic

sorry bitch its true

I won $600 one time playing competitive machine dance games. But it's hard to say if they made me happy or just kept me from killing myself. I really should have killed myself.

First blowjob I got, the girl swallowed. No lie, was also the first time I got high.

Beautiful

and your happiest moment ever was when you tried to step on someone else's happiness by judging it weak.

sucks to be you.

First DIY show I ever went to 10 years ago. After Pocahaunted performed I cried.

It was the 6th day out of a 10 day meditation retreat. At the end of the day, I could count on my fingers the individual external stimuli that had captured my attention. An air vent. A group of meditators paying attention to something. Likely the geese, but I didn't even think to glance over to what they were attending to. The normal day-to-day stream of mind had slowed to where the space in-between thoughts became tangible. I could watch each thought arise and inevitably fall away.

I was sitting in my room meditating and I was finding myself distracted by the soft breeze blowing through the window, as well as the sounds of birdsong. This was not the "deepest" meditation that I had ever had, if fact, the pleasantness of the breeze and song were something that I had grown to be cautious of, at least in the context of meditation. Yet, even if the context of the event establishes itself to me as a temporary happiness, it was still a profound one.

I can't really rank the happy moments in my life, but one that sticks out to me was around the fifth of July. My then-boyfriend and I lived far away from each other, so the majority of our time spent together was during long drives back and forth between our homes. I stayed a bit late instead of caring about getting back before curfew, and we just sat close quietly and held each. When we kissed, there were literal fireworks, someone just shot off their leftovers the moment our lips met, and I said that I loved him for the first time.

you highlighted the epitome of my life ty

How long had you been meditating before then? What sort of retreat was it?

It was christmas time a few years ago. I regained contact with a girl I used to see, but not date, about a year before that. We went to the same school, and she got bored with me over the summer and ended it because I just wanted a FWB type deal and was mean to her. I ended up realizing I was completely in love with her. I would go to her neighborhood to go pick up friends or drive by where she worked at on my way home, and think about her everytime. Usually I would burst into tears or at least fall into severe depression. Anyway, I tried playing the long game with her to start seeing her again, and long story short, we hung out a few times again.

She was always super reserved and coy, and wouldn't even kiss or touch me. She did it on purpose, probably because she wasn't all that into me. I was a pussy and couldn't get the nerve to tell her I actually liked her and wanted her back. We hung out maybe three times, and nothing happened, and I just got more obssessive and depressed. We hung out one night before halloween. She drove us around a little bit, we got something to eat, and then we went to the waterfront in town to walk around. We went out on the docks and sat in silence. HEr mom called her, and told her she had to go home. She looked at me and said we had to go, then I just told her that I was in love with her and that if i didn't tell her, I would regret it the rest of my life. She looked at me and wiped a tear from her eye, then kissed me really hard. We made out for 30 minutes on the docks, and we're still together

It was a Vipassana retreat and it was the second such retreat that I've been one. I did my first one a year before that. Didn't start meditating in earnest until that first retreat.

why is everything with broads about their sexuality and physicality at the end of the day

>My cunt became the world

what? because she unbuttoned her dress? thats the only sexual thing i can read from it, and she said she's basically alone with a gf. quit projecting your perversion

When I experienced my first awakening experience. I had been meditating for a while, but I didn't reach an awakened state doing the same old "mindfulness" meditation everyone was preaching about. No doubt there are benefits to meditating, but I didn't experience an awakening doing it that way.

I was interested in some other practices, so I got this audiobook by Loch Kelly a while back. And while doing one of the guided practices, something just shifted. It was almost like nothing happened, but everything happened.

For these few moments, I was completely unidentified with myself and just experienced things as they were. It was quite liberating.

I must admit that it has been a while since I've done a formal practice, but I do plan on getting back into it again.

That's fascinating. Such reports inspired me to take up meditation, but I couldn't get over the desire for them to occur, and the frustration drove me to quit. I'd still give it another go sometime.

Was that ever a problem for you?

Woman's happiest experience
>I was a young nymphette and my breasts had just began to menstruate. I unbuttoned my cunt and my clitoris twitched with the anticipation of the beautiful picnic before me. I am a woman and back then when this story took place I was also a woman, I had breasts and a vagina. My vagina quivered as my breasts bounced bountifully in my dress and I unbuttoned my dress and let my breasts become my cunt.

Man's happiest experience
>It was during a meditation retreat and I was doing vipassana meditation. I saw God and found my center and developed myself as a human being.

i prefer the woman to the man tho, men just talk about dumb shit like god who isnt even real

I don't think I've ever been happy.

The weird thing is, nothing really stands out. I don't feel happiness very strongly, and in the past few years I have begun to suspect that the times I've acted the happiest when I was younger, I was really just imitating behaviors from other people's happy moments that I'd seen before. Now that I live alone, now that there aren't always people around to please by showing them that I'm happy, my responses are growing duller.

For example, it snowed overnight earlier this week, in Houston, where I live. It rarely does that, and even more rarely in such an amount as it did. Snow and cold weather are dear to me, given that 90% of the time in this city, the weather is miserable. Despite that, when I awoke to a cold morning and a yard blanketed in snow, I found myself barely able to come up with a smile. I felt a distant sense of satisfaction, but none of the outward elation I would have shown even just a few years ago.

I have no specific moments I can think of, only streams of moments from the distant past. I recall vacationing with my father to probably be my happiest. Meeting my relatives in Florida and being on the beach and seeing the ocean in person, eating new foods, new sensations all around. Makes me want kids.

>why is everything with broads about their sexuality and physicality at the end of the day

because they have breasts and they can play with them whenever they want, and you can't touch them. that's why.

First acid trip. Just pure glory, pure being.

we cling to cunts and cocks of despair

That does sound really nice :)

a) you sound jealous
b) maybe happiness and sex are inseparable

the story is about freedom you dumbass

Yup - it's a very common problem, at all levels of experience. Even if it's just expectation of a mild feeling of relaxation.

I think it's helpful to think of it like weight lifting. It's a long slow process with gradual results. Any 'events' are just numbers increasing to multiples, like finally benching 200

Your world started inside a cunt, so it's not far off

I understand this feel on a visceral level

What meditation?

im naturally melancholic due to rough teenage years, nothing in particular stands out as #1 but heres one that came to mind

first time i did ketamine

I accidentally orally swallowed 300mg of ketamine. I thought it was mescaline... there had been a mix up in getting what i thought was mescaline

I took a shower and fifteen minutes in after come up my legs felt... weak like i couldnt control them and was really drunk. I said out loud

I thought mescaline takes like 2 hours to come up

walk into the living room and I feel uncomfortable. Trying to watch Drug Store Cowboy but I feel this visceral disgust with this movie. not sure why

Frustration and confusion and sitting on my couch trying to relax for the first hour. When on ketamine you lose motor skill function, walking becomes difficult

At some point I moved onto my bed laying there just dreaming and I started meditating

I had this serene calm that I have felt glimmers of many times since then, mind commentary completely gone, no thoughts, just... a sensational blur. All notions of what I am or who I am didnt matter. I was the most at peace id ever felt in 20+ years. I meditated for hours... I lost track of time and got locked into this blur where time did not matter

I love dissociatives and have revisited them often since doing lady k

Also first time I had sex on acid was incredible, was with my first love, at my apartment next door to the bar, old bare wood boards with aging piping and scribbles from the previous lunatics who lived there (one love letter left behind from the lunatics: "EAT SHIT AND DIE"). I remember us talking beforehand, breath sensitive, hearts racing, wild stare, and I said

primal. It feels so primal. Proceeding to fuck like animals for hours. great times, never felt so alive and right

After fucking we went onto the rooftop in hot summer heat. I had a small window that accessed the rooftop and we would go up there do bong hits and watch drunk people get in petty arguments

I miss that apartment

I had just railed a line of methamphetamine in the Nojoqui park after being up about a week. It was early in the morning. The nature and flaming dopamine rush burning in my head elated an artificial sublimity. Never experienced such a beaming release of what felt like pure heaven. Its sad to know that moment was caused by a substance. The real question is, does the moments causation being meth subtract from it?

No, but as you said, its artificial

>elated an artificial sublimity.
Shitty writing desu something sublime shouldn't be elated or even artificial really

You kind of have to pay the piper in the end though, don't you? I know I did. In a way I feel like it makes it more "fair", like you "earned" the good feelings with all the misery.

lmao 2real

god this story is so bougie it hurts. muh cigarettes muh travel muh clothes muh consumption. before you ask, no i am not resentful, i am simply immortal and tired, deal with it bougie bitch

happiest was this idea that i felt inside that I have a kind of insane compulpassiospiritinitudinousity occuring which will give me some measure of a tiny key to the kingdom of things
otherwise i am a broken nothing among a sea of robotic heathens

I've done acid, had a gf, seen sublime sights, and had my writing praised by many people. Strangely, the happiest moment that comes to mind was right after one of the worst moments. I was working a shift and some customer was very upset because she thought I was working too slow and she was in a hurry (as they always are). So she called me some racist things. It was one of my first times dealing with a shitty customer and the racism made it worse. I took a 15 min break to breathe and texted my friend, who just listened and said stuff like "im sorry that happened, i love you man, and i wish i could have fucked up that customer." It hurt me in a good way. Knowing that someone out there had my back.

I pray that you feel suffer something morreal soon

calm down oldfag. live and let live eh?

>can't see sincere wellwishing if it bit him in the arse

I don't disagree but it was a fleeting moment where I had some adult freedom but no self-awareness or real critical consciousness. most other posts are drug related, so I guess happiness is reliant upon a degree of ignorance (willfull or not) and maybe that allows the physical sensations to take primacy.
btw I got last house on the left'd in the end if it makes you feel any better

>ive seen things you wouldn't believe

Loneliness is the divine sadness

God in his heaven, all is right with the world, and yet

and yet.

This thing rebounds, subway, sublimin, subcon, it comes back: "You're the only one around, Me"

That
Well, we don't have to feel that profound sadness, we are creatures of God, thankfully. We want to know God? No, that is true loneliness. Let us know ourselves and each other. That is happiness. Thus has God made this world. You don't understand anyone besides yourself? That is the supreme blessing. To understand completely is to be. To be all is to be singular, alone. No one else. You don't know what I'm on about? Congrats, I've cured your loneliness.

sorry, the comment just sounded sarcastic like "hope you suffer something more real, as opposed to that kiddie suffering you got going on"

You got raped? Nice.

Not best, but my heart is warmed when thinking to my childhood days with my best friend, laying on the kitchen floor making our own Pokemon cards out of construction paper and markers.

interacting w het men is pretty much both literal & figurative rape

Very nice

kik?

You two worrie me

Why?

I just like the fact that women feel violated on a daily basis, both psychically, physically, and spiritually.

so we can spiritually violate each other ofc

No thanks, I don't speak to f*males. You were probably a banana slug or a weaver ant in your past life.

don't trust this guy, he's a skeleton.

pussy

Fucking kek

Watching Peter Rabbit and Friends and other English cartoon stories as a young child, believing that England was still the England depicted in the stories and books. Walking through fields and running with dogs, believing England was still the same.
I cannot visit the countryside, enjoy anything remotely English or reminisce of nicer times without looking at the news, or looking outside and seeing what it is now, and imagining what it will be.
t. Englishman

I am disgusted by you. What even is a Goth Shop? Just a Hot Topic? I am going to use every tool and resource at my disposal to destroy you and your dumb wife.
Also you published in a Sci-fi anthology, not only that, but it was called "Technosex."
Also fuck Burger King. Fuck anyone that wants to eat at Burger King. It is the only fast food that sinks below the level of McDonald's.

hows autism going

Happy moments are for the weak

I was lying on the grass, resting on my elbows in a pastoral landscape deep in the Carpathian. My state was solely observational, devoid of thoughts and the anticipation of them. I had lost the feeling of being the 'thinker of my thoughts' and was selflessly surveying the landscape as they appeared in my consciousness with a detached awareness.

>Walking through the streets of Chicago
>It was my 16th birthday, therefore I was 16
>Me and my boy Big Eddie were shooting the shit when all of the sudden, some dumb Mexican bitch in a blue sundress
>Decide to rape her, as I am a black man and that is a part of my culture
>Cop tries to stop it
>Big Eddie shoots the cop
>Smoke a crack rock
>Pure happiness

Walking out of a theater around new year's eve and seeing snow beginning to flit down against the street-lit surroundings. It mostly just rains where I live, so it was nice to have some snow to conclude the year.

Memories of being young and naive, drinking cheap lambrusco wine on the gianicolo hill overlooking rome at sunset. Love that memory.

I don't remember

When I made this.

Say what you like about Sammy, I am so glad he unearthed that masterpiece. It's like the missing link to post-post-modernity

Ah, I already know what I'm going to be for halloween: your extra chromosome.
Have fun with your gauges and you and your wife's fetlife accounts.
Also I dare you to post your mediocre writing to this thread.

what's the big deal

>being this pleb

When I was going on concerts to see my favourite band (it was a local band).
+When I was watching Lost.
That was until 8 years ago. Only misery and suffering after that.

And in turn, I am disgusted by people like you. How petty and feebleminded you are.

looks like this roastie is getting toasty

I can't even think of it

I'm a hollow, unfeeling robot

Please end what you would call my life

It's alright bro, happiness can't be that great. In fact, I feel a sort of smug contentment and amusement at my lack of joy. Is that what people call "happiness"? Emotion is a worldly and therefore ephemeral thing

When I was 16 almost 17 my mother (single mother) came up to my room and said the daughter of her colleague at work asked if she could borrow my copy of Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis. I said ok but wasn't quite sure why they had been talking about that anyway. On a weekend afternoon I was playing on my pc in room alone as usual and I hear unfamiliar voices downstairs. There's a knock at my door and my mother says do I have the book since her co-worker and daughter are here. I panicked and found the book and cleaned my entire room in like 30 seconds for some reason freaking out. I even changed into a shirt and different trousers, as if I was going to a dinner or something. I went downstairs with the hardback book and stood by the door silently not wanting to interrupt their conversation. The girl and my mother noticed me but the girl's mother was saying something and didn't notice me. The girl was red-haired and pale and very cute, and seemed a little shy but not so much that it dominated her personality (like it did mine) and made her weird, "dark" or melancholy. Her mother saw them looking at me and stopped talking to turn and apologize for not seeing me. I handed over the book to the girl and she smiled and said "Thank you." I stood there with my hands in my pockets and didn't know what to do next, until my mother leaned in to talk to the woman and again and said "Hey [my name], Sarah's into her music too" and I lifted my eyebrows to show that I thought was cool and interesting on a personal level. My mother then said "why don't you show her your CDs?". This was around 2006 so I still had a ton of CDs in my room on two big vertical racks. I said ok and they began talking again leaning towards each other. I walked sideways up the stairwell not to be rude and she walked quietly behind me. In my room I closed the door a little and stood silently at the far side of the room with my hands over my genitals. The CD racks were unmissable but I could tell she didn't care. I sat on my bed and said "sit" and pointed at my swivel chair. She sat on the edge of it and shrugged her jacket off but didn't touch the sides of the chair or my desk as they were covered in semen or just dirt in general. She asked if she could use the bathroom and I walked her along the hallway and pointed inside the bathroom. She was in there for like 15 minutes and came back but didn't seem ashamed that she had probably been defecating. She sat back on the swivel chair and I put on the Californication album and pointed it out and she faked enthusiasm. We sat quietly listening to it and staring at the ground until her mother called her to leave. Her mother seemed really happy, and mine did too, as if thought we were attracted to each other. When she left I saw that her beanie hat had fallen out of her jacket pocket and onto the floor in my room. I fucked that thing for weeks until it was damp as hell and didn't smell good at all. It's probably still in my drawers at home somewhere.

truly the John Green of out time

I think there are about 3 moments I recall at first.

During summer holidays when I was around 15 probably, I was eating ice cream, it was really sunny, I was alone and I was thinking how nice it is. I was just content being alone and having no responsibilities at the time.

I don't know if it was earlier or later in my life, but one night before going to sleep I was thinking about what I was afraid of, and I decided that all those things weren't that big of a deal. That no matter what happens, nothing is really that bad in life. Pain, death? Can't phase me, I was in love with everything.

The last moment was perhaps the last and only time in which I spent a whole day with other people just hanging out, playing video games. I think I was around 17, I was laughing all the time. Makes me kinda jealous that other people have friends and do stuff regularly together. All these people forgot about me as soon as school ended, so I wish I could go back to the mindset from where I was 15, maybe I just need to have a more stable life, where I'm not anxious about the future, and I will be content alone again.

well that took a turn in the end there

While I was reading this, I forgot you were almost 17 and instead read it from the perspective of a 5 year old.

This being the happiest moment in your life actually made me more depressed

I don't remember it, but it was great

Laughed out loud at the ending

I don't wanna remember it desu. I always feel like I'm chasing that lost feeling of being young and satisfied with myself or simply reminiscing about better days. But by simply referring to them as better days just goes to show how lackluster life has become.

Yet nothing good can come out of reminiscing, only despair.

Schizophrenia doesn't count

Yeah, I don't think it's healthy, but I've been really gravitating towards melancholy and suffering lately. As in I feel like suffering is more beautiful, and more meaningful than happiness.
Perhaps this has made me behave self-destructively at times, so now my goal is to do everything I can to succeed, and still fail miserably at the end. This way I will be proud of myself, but still not be disgustingly happy. The more pain I feel, the more superior to others I feel. Fuck happy people.

I don't know, how do I find out? What's a happy moment?

Sometimes when I spend time with my gf a very spontaneous sort of enthusiasm and ecstasy just kinda washes over me, then I can barely speak. It's not connected to anything in particular.

A few times when I went on holiday with my parents come to mind, especially reading a book with a contented kind of tiredness or eating food and laying around, not doing anything in particular.

A few times when I was around my brother's kids too, but those moments also make me extremely depressed.

I think ultimately the happiest feeling I know is feeling like I've gained time. Like taking a day off, or being calm enough to just let time pass, not towards anything specific in the near future, just letting it pass.

A tiny amount of moments of accomplishment, like winning a competition or reading something I wrote and really liking it.

None of these seem to be "the best moment" of my life

That's because your life, like most people, has no "best" moments. It will pass a fleeting mundanity like so many others and you will be gone

I bet I had more best moments than you. In fact I having one right now as I gaud over you, I have at least a few a day in fact.